Options

2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Another dandy taking place...Carolina v Wash double OT.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    haha, I'm not acting like he is my father. gimme a break. I couldn't give a shit if they fire him.

All I'm saying is you gotta give a guy more of a chance than that. the jets owner/management's entire MO was a slow build, not just throwing money around to get all the stars. they had the benefit of knowing income was not going to be an issue for at least the first 5 years of the team's existence, a luxury no other team has had. They wanted to develop a winning team over a period of years. They got that last year. This year they fell off a bit. Coaching? Maybe. Personnel? Maybe. if the jets fail to make the playoffs next year, or even suck 3 months into the season, sure, axe him, but I think doing it now is very premature. 

judging by past management decisions, the jets won't be firing maurice any time soon. 
    Are you new to the world of sports?  I am pretty sure if I tuned into sports radio in Winnipeg there would have been plenty of callers wanting a head coaching change, people in Toronto are questioning Babcock...Babcock>Maurice and it's not even close.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    Carolina deserved it.  Good.  Hate the caps
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    They were the better team.  I hate the delay of the game rule when shooting the puck over the glass, but they clearly missed the Capitals shooting the puck over the glass in the 1st OT.

Hope St. Louis wins the whole thing...to go from last at Christmas to Champions would be cool...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    mrussel1 said:
    They were the better team.  I hate the delay of the game rule when shooting the puck over the glass, but they clearly missed the Capitals shooting the puck over the glass in the 1st OT.

Hope St. Louis wins the whole thing...to go from last at Christmas to Champions would be cool...
    Glad the caps are done I hate ovechkin now we play the Hurricanes starting tomorrow, love hockey the best fuck the rest ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Glad the caps are done I hate ovechkin now we play the Hurricanes starting tomorrow, love hockey the best fuck the rest ! 
    You will be getting a tired Carolina team for sure.  Should go up 1-0.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    mrussel1 said:

Sometimes the lay off works against the rested team cause they aren't sharp and the "tired" team is in stride. 
    We'll see what happen in both east series openers, same situation, team coming off a sweep and a week of rest playing a team 2 nights after winning game 7.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mrussel1 said:

Sometimes the lay off works against the rested team cause they aren't sharp and the "tired" team is in stride. 
    We'll see what happen in both east series openers, same situation, team coming off a sweep and a week of rest playing a team 2 nights after winning game 7.
    That is true.  We will see.  The 2nd round should be good.  Columbus and Boston I think go 7.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,923

:i_dunno:
    You did a lot better than me!  I had Boston winning.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617

You picked 1 or 0 winners in Round 1?
    That is a horrid scoresheet....but if I look at it (I did not fill one out) I may have picked 1 or 2 correctly as well.
    Insane Round 1.  6/8 of the matchups won by the lower seed?  Wow.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Over the weekend I wrote and did a quick demo version of Eddie’s “All The Way” but re-written for my Blues. 

https://soundcloud.com/brianzilmmusic/all-the-way-blues-version
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,923
    That is a horrid scoresheet....but if I look at it (I did not fill one out) I may have picked 1 or 2 correctly as well.
    One winner, smh.  I usually suck at predictions, and this year was even worse.  I find solace in the fact that most people's brackets sucked this year too.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    One winner, smh.  I usually suck at predictions, and this year was even worse.  I find solace in the fact that most people's brackets sucked this year too.
    Very true!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736

My 1st round picks for my playoff pool look pretty similar with 2 for 8....only got the Blues and the Bruins right.  The guy in the pool in 1st place only had 5 right....crazy 1st round.
  • Options

My 1st round picks for my playoff pool look pretty similar with 2 for 8....only got the Blues and the Bruins right.  The guy in the pool in 1st place only had 5 right....crazy 1st round.
    5/8 with this first round is pretty amazing.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    haha, I'm not acting like he is my father. gimme a break. I couldn't give a shit if they fire him.

All I'm saying is you gotta give a guy more of a chance than that. the jets owner/management's entire MO was a slow build, not just throwing money around to get all the stars. they had the benefit of knowing income was not going to be an issue for at least the first 5 years of the team's existence, a luxury no other team has had. They wanted to develop a winning team over a period of years. They got that last year. This year they fell off a bit. Coaching? Maybe. Personnel? Maybe. if the jets fail to make the playoffs next year, or even suck 3 months into the season, sure, axe him, but I think doing it now is very premature. 

judging by past management decisions, the jets won't be firing maurice any time soon. 
    Are you new to the world of sports?  I am pretty sure if I tuned into sports radio in Winnipeg there would have been plenty of callers wanting a head coaching change, people in Toronto are questioning Babcock...Babcock>Maurice and it's not even close.  
    haha, yeah, cause people calling into sports radio shows demanding the firing of the coach is something to set the standard by. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

haha, yeah, cause people calling into sports radio shows demanding the firing of the coach is something to set the standard by. LOL
    LMFAO...ius that all you like do to do...spend the entire day on the internet arguing about whether a coaching change is justified.  And why are fans not allowed to chime in...after-all no fans+no games.

Like I said you obviously are new to the world of sports.  Did you only become a fan once the Jets became respectable?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

I will go with:

Blue Jackets
    Blues
    Islanders (I'd be OK with them winning the cup after Taveras (sp) left)
    Sharks

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Damn, I don't really like any of the teams left. 
    Will root for whomever wins the series between Gorton's Fishermen & The Mr Game 7s.

• Options

LMFAO...ius that all you like do to do...spend the entire day on the internet arguing about whether a coaching change is justified.  And why are fans not allowed to chime in...after-all no fans+no games.

Like I said you obviously are new to the world of sports.  Did you only become a fan once the Jets became respectable?
    my math says the entire day is not 2 minutes of my time. 

you said maurice should be fired. I disagreed. if you don't like discussion/disagreement, you don't belong on online forums.  

fans are allowed to chime in. not at all what was said. 

not new to sports. 

loving the personal comments. keep em coming. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Will root for whomever wins the series between Gorton's Fishermen & The Mr Game 7s.

If you root for the fucking Fishsticks, I'm contacting your (obviously) wiser brother, and we'll leave upper deckers in all your bathrooms and fill your swimming pool with horse manure.

Potvin sucks!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

you said maurice should be fired. I disagreed. if you don't like discussion/disagreement, you don't belong on online forums.  

not new to sports. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

not new to sports. 

Do you just like carrying on an argument that is subjective?  Coaching changes do make differences.  St. Louis Blues come to mind...anyways have a nice day...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    I’m pickin:

b’s
    c’s
    sox
    pats

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    dankind said:

If you root for the fucking Fishsticks, I'm contacting your (obviously) wiser brother, and we'll leave upper deckers in all your bathrooms and fill your swimming pool with horse manure.

Potvin sucks!
    Ha!
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options

not new to sports. 

Do you just like carrying on an argument that is subjective?  Coaching changes do make differences.  St. Louis Blues come to mind...anyways have a nice day...
    any discussion based on opinion in subjective. hello? those topics are off limits now? or just when those opinions differ from yours?

of course coaching changes make a difference. not always for the better. 

if you don't want to discuss, then don't comment. internet 101. I've never known someone on the internet who is so willing to spew their own opinions but doesn't seem to like anyone else doing the same. it's really quite bizarre. maybe talking to yourself in a mirror would be better suited to you?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    ed243421 said:
    I’m pickin:

b’s
    c’s
    sox
    pats

We're 2 titles away from the Tiger slam.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ed243421 said:
    I’m pickin:

b’s
    c’s
    sox
    pats

You're pickin' your nose.
    I SAW PEARL JAM