2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I don't think the Jets have what it takes to get to the final. They are a half or full step behind Vegas in every facet. Hellebuyck isn't as sharp as he needs to be in this series. and WTF Trouba? Byfuglien was awesome again last night, ragdolling two guys AGAIN. that was the only bright spot, well and Scheifele. we finally picked up the pace in the 3rd, but it wasn't enough. you simply cannot let this team score that fucking early every game. and then rest on your laurels every time you score, leading to them scoring right after. 

vegas is able to set up scoring chances nearly at will. the jets can't get in front of the net to save their lives. 

this series is very frustrating, even for a casual fan like me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    go Vegas!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I don't think the Jets have what it takes to get to the final. They are a half or full step behind Vegas in every facet. Hellebuyck isn't as sharp as he needs to be in this series. and WTF Trouba? Byfuglien was awesome again last night, ragdolling two guys AGAIN. that was the only bright spot, well and Scheifele. we finally picked up the pace in the 3rd, but it wasn't enough. you simply cannot let this team score that fucking early every game. and then rest on your laurels every time you score, leading to them scoring right after. 

vegas is able to set up scoring chances nearly at will. the jets can't get in front of the net to save their lives. 

Giving up down 2-1 ... I'd worry if they go down 3-1 ... the longer this series goes it favours the Jets with their depth.  Of course the wildcard is Fleury and he was lights out last night.  The Jets played fine.  3 good teams battling.  I said from the get go that Vegas would not be an easy out.
    Give Peas A Chance…

Giving up down 2-1 ... I'd worry if they go down 3-1 ... the longer this series goes it favours the Jets with their depth.  Of course the wildcard is Fleury and he was lights out last night.  The Jets played fine.  3 good teams battling.  I said from the get go that Vegas would not be an easy out.
    I wouldn't say I'm worried. being a bandwagonner, life will go on for me right after the final whistle on their season. but they just appear to be playing catchup the entire time. they had a few good shots in the 3rd, but most of those are shots from the point. none of their scoring chances come from skating up the ice. they just can't get that done. 

it was almost as if the entire game's pace was set right after trouba got embarassed 35 seconds in. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I wouldn't say I'm worried. being a bandwagonner, life will go on for me right after the final whistle on their season. but they just appear to be playing catchup the entire time. they had a few good shots in the 3rd, but most of those are shots from the point. none of their scoring chances come from skating up the ice. they just can't get that done. 

it was almost as if the entire game's pace was set right after trouba got embarassed 35 seconds in. 
    The NHL playoffs are a grind ... can be playing almost every other night for the first month of the playoffs ... I really think for Vegas to win, they'll need a great Fleury ... and so far they have got that.  I would not discount that nonsense pre-game stuff for the Jets slow start last night ... kind of get them out of their routine and always seems to be a disadvantage to the road team.  
    Give Peas A Chance…

The NHL playoffs are a grind ... can be playing almost every other night for the first month of the playoffs ... I really think for Vegas to win, they'll need a great Fleury ... and so far they have got that.  I would not discount that nonsense pre-game stuff for the Jets slow start last night ... kind of get them out of their routine and always seems to be a disadvantage to the road team.  
    I had never seen that before. that was something. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I enjoyed the pre-game it was well done ... but that nonsense does disrupt the visiting team.  I missed the start of game 1, did the Jets have some pre-game nonsense.  If so that might be why Vegas got off to a slow start in game 1.   The jets do not want to fall behind 3-1...
    Give Peas A Chance…

I enjoyed the pre-game it was well done ... but that nonsense does disrupt the visiting team.  I missed the start of game 1, did the Jets have some pre-game nonsense.  If so that might be why Vegas got off to a slow start in game 1.   The jets do not want to fall behind 3-1...
    if they did, I didn't see it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited May 2018

A lot of NHL teams do something special for playoff games. The Bluejackets did something similar to a lot of teams with a projection show on the ice but Vegas is the only one I’ve seen televised. 

Post edited by KC138045 on
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018

I wasn't sure if they did.  I'm sure it wasn't to that degree of silliness...I just wish for once a visiting team would just skate on the ice in the middle of that nonsense...take the fine from the league.
    Give Peas A Chance…

KC138045 said:

A lot of NHL teams do something special for playoff games. The Bluejackets did something similar to a lot of teams with a projection show on the ice but Vegas is the only one I’ve seen televised. 

I know lots of teams do it ... but that was a at whole different level of silliness that only Vegas could deliver ... still enjoyable for the fans.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

KC138045 said:

I know lots of teams do it ... but that was a at whole different level of silliness that only Vegas could deliver ... still enjoyable for the fans.
    Oh I agree. What Vegas does is on a whole other level.  The level of cheesiness is through the roof.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348

that third period was stressful as hell for this knights fan. your boys were in the knights’ end (not literally) for the whole damn period. I don’t know how “we” survived. I think this series goes 7.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    that ^^^^ was supposed to quote HFD from the top of the page, but this site sucks.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    fuck the caps.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Wobbie said:
    that ^^^^ was supposed to quote HFD from the top of the page, but this site sucks.
    I'm gonna guess it's not the site but the user that's the problem. 
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Capitals probably couldn't play much.  Tampa looks like they are in control of the series.  The Jets need to win tonight or they are in serious trouble...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    ;;)
    x:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Bolts!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

Backstrom, although he paid well, imo threw off the chemistry for the pp.  Ovy just shooting at anything too... don't really understand the fake shot/passes when they were on the power play.  Hold up, reset, and then find something better.

I think vegas will win tonight even though I'm rooting for the Jets. 

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Nami said:

Backstrom, although he paid well, imo threw off the chemistry for the pp.  Ovy just shooting at anything too... don't really understand the fake shot/passes when they were on the power play.  Hold up, reset, and then find something better.

I think vegas will win tonight even though I'm rooting for the Jets. 

The thing with Washington ... everyone blames the players.  Their last 2 coaches had good teams...maybe hire up and coming coaches like Pittsburgh does? 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Golden Knights one win away from advancing to the Stanley Cup finals!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Its unreal that Vegas will be going to the Cup finals. Talk about spoiling your fanbase.  
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Vegas ... amazing.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Golden Knights about 5 minutes away from going to the Stanley Cup finals! 

Viva Las Vegas!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    This is fucking bonkers.
    Fleury gonna win the Conn Smythe unless he collapses in the finals.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    The nhl is a joke
    Miller is such a pussy bitch. Fucking hair pulling in a hockey fight. Vegas is a sad fucking joke.

you should embrace them. more canucks on the knights than any of the other 3 (now 2) teams left.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    MayDay10 said:
    The nhl is a joke

cuz your sabres never got to the finals? :no_mouth:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Props to the Knights.
    Firmly rooting for Bolts now
    The love he receives is the love that is saved