2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    ponytd said:
    well, with the Jets win, it looks like my QOTSA show will get moved or cancelled. Unless either team sweeps. Can't see that happening. 

that was a fun fucking game to watch. Subban's dive was brutal. Can't believe the refs fell for it. maybe it's why they let Myers get away with tackling a pred not once but twice. 

we were all shocked that they pulled Rinne so early. But hey, that's why i'm not a coach. 
    I couldn't tell if that was a dive or not. They never showed a replay in the arena(or i wasn't paying attention) and it was opposite end of the ice and glass was somewhat blocking my view. Wouldn't shock me if he dove. He embellishes a lot, but he was really the only defensemen that showed up in this series for us. They did let several things go, but heard a crazy stat on the radio last night before the game that when Dan O'Halloran refs a Jets game they are 9-0 over the last year(including playoffs) with like a 4.6 goal average. Jets got called for 3 penalties to our 1, and the refs didn't cost us the game or series or anything, but thought that was nuts. He's definitely a good luck charm for them lol.

Now go out and demolish the Knights
    ponytd said:
    well, with the Jets win, it looks like my QOTSA show will get moved or cancelled. Unless either team sweeps. Can't see that happening. 

that was a fun fucking game to watch. Subban's dive was brutal. Can't believe the refs fell for it. maybe it's why they let Myers get away with tackling a pred not once but twice. 

we were all shocked that they pulled Rinne so early. But hey, that's why i'm not a coach. 
    I couldn't tell if that was a dive or not. They never showed a replay in the arena(or i wasn't paying attention) and it was opposite end of the ice and glass was somewhat blocking my view. Wouldn't shock me if he dove. He embellishes a lot, but he was really the only defensemen that showed up in this series for us. They did let several things go, but heard a crazy stat on the radio last night before the game that when Dan O'Halloran refs a Jets game they are 9-0 over the last year(including playoffs) with like a 4.6 goal average. Jets got called for 3 penalties to our 1, and the refs didn't cost us the game or series or anything, but thought that was nuts. He's definitely a good luck charm for them lol.

Now go out and demolish the Knights

Ron and Don: Cherry accuses Preds’ Subban of diving against Jets

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ron-don-cherry-accuses-preds-subban-diving-jets/

It's a dive ... it was obvious.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    doesn't shock me he dove. He's been called for embellishment a lot this year. I love PK, but I wish they would make diving/embellishment a double minor to get players to stop doing it.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Once a Hab, always a Hab.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    dankind said:
    Once a Hab, always a Hab.

ouch... but very funny at the same time. hahaha
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    Suck it Preds! I guess Jets attire will be banned at Bridgestone next season? 

I am rooting for Vegas overall and I’d really like to see Ovi in a SCF, but at this point I’m happy with any of the possible outcomes! 
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715

I am rooting for Vegas overall and I’d really like to see Ovi in a SCF, but at this point I’m happy with any of the possible outcomes! 
    Go Jets! Go Lightning!  Screw Ovi!!!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    KC138045 said:

Ovi's a cherry picker
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720

LOL.  So happy Nashville lost.  
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    1st time in a decade it won't be Pittsburgh, Chicago, Boston or LA winning the Cup.  Good to see new blood...although NBC won't be happy with these markets.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Crazy to think of that. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

did nashville impose a ban before? or are you referring to tampa?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720

did nashville impose a ban before? or are you referring to tampa?
    They went to super extreme lengths to keep Blackhawks fans out of their arena for Hawks-Preds games.  It was really sad.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    don't really care who wins now.  i'm just glad Pittsbugh is out :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Miller is such a pussy bitch. Fucking hair pulling in a hockey fight. Vegas is a sad fucking joke.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Good game last night for the Jets ... The advantage going in for Vegas I thought was having extra rest.  The Jets look like they'll be fine.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,432
    mrussel1 said:
    KC138045 said:

Ovi's a cherry picker
    Big time, hope the Lightning crush his dreams again!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Never knew Vegas had a team. Did they replace another team?
    Sorry I don't follow hockey closely being far away.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    Never knew Vegas had a team. Did they replace another team?
    Sorry I don't follow hockey closely being far away.
    Expansion team new this season.  

Seattle, probably in 2 or 3 years
    How good is Ovie ... in an era when players are drafted 1st overall can barely score 40 goals, Ovie consistently scores 50...he's scored 600+ goals in an an offensively challenged league...and for his career he is a plus 87.  It's no secret he is not the greatest defensive forward, but I do believe the capitals are paying him to score, and he consistently puts up great numbers.  He is not the reason the capitals have not won the cup...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    How good is Ovie ... in an era when players are drafted 1st overall can barely score 40 goals, Ovie consistently scores 50...he's scored 600+ goals in an an offensively challenged league...and for his career he is a plus 87.  It's no secret he is not the greatest defensive forward, but I do believe the capitals are paying him to score, and he consistently puts up great numbers.  He is not the reason the capitals have not won the cup...
    The reason the Caps haven't won the Cup is the "C" he wears on his sweater.  Throw in his disgusting support for that international thug, Putin, well there's all the reason you need to think he's a piece of shit.  
    mrussel1 said:
    The reason the Caps haven't won the Cup is the "C" he wears on his sweater.  Throw in his disgusting support for that international thug, Putin, well there's all the reason you need to think he's a piece of shit.  
    I don't give a rats ass about Ovie's politics.  Him wearing the C has absolutely no bearing on him winning a championship...that's ridiculous.

The guy is a great player, maybe the greatest Russian forward in the last 30 years...the man may score 700+ in an offensively challenged era.  If he played in Gretzky's era he likely have scored 700 at this point in his career...Gretzky also wore the C, I think most people recognize Mark Messier as the real leader of the  Oilers...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't give a rats ass about Ovie's politics.  Him wearing the C has absolutely no bearing on him winning a championship...that's ridiculous.

The guy is a great player, maybe the greatest Russian forward in the last 30 years...the man may score 700+ in an offensively challenged era.  If he played in Gretzky's era he likely have scored 700 at this point in his career...Gretzky also wore the C, I think most people recognize Mark Messier as the real leader of the  Oilers...
    Really?  The captain is meaningless in the equation to win a Cup?  If that's the case, why do they have it?  Maybe they should go with a captain that is committed to defense and sets an example for his teammates on how to play on both ends of the ice. 
    BTW - supporting Putin is not "politics".  Putin is a criminal who breaks the law, murders his own people and is a pox on this Earth.  That's not exactly the same as figuring out where you come down on Obamacare.  
    edited May 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    BTW - supporting Putin is not "politics".  Putin is a criminal who breaks the law, murders his own people and is a pox on this Earth.  That's not exactly the same as figuring out where you come down on Obamacare.  
    Why can't you take your politics to the AMT?  But since you brought it up US is not much better...now take of your star spangled glasses.  
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    Why can't you take your politics to the AMT.  But since you brought the US is not much better...now take of your star spangled glasss.
    Ihere's a stark difference between Putin and, for example, Obama.  Regardless, I hardly support any of our international interventionism.  And I sure as hell haven't started a public group glorifying Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld and the rest of the war criminals in Bush's cabinet.  I don't blame Ovechkin for loving his home country.  I love mine.  But I do blame him for being a public sycophant for that international pariah.  

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Really?  The captain is meaningless in the equation to win a Cup?  If that's the case, why do they have it?  Maybe they should go with a captain that is committed to defense and sets an example for his teammates on how to play on both ends of the ice. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I never said it was totally unimportant ... it is ridiculous to think the captain is totally responsible for a teams failures alone, just as it ridiculous to think a team captain is solely responsible...like I said, I gave yo a great example of a team captain who won multiple championships, many also considered Gretzky a cherry picker ... but Gretzky was surrounded by another great leader, Mark Messier ... and everyone knows he was the leader of every team he played for including the Oilers...
    Give Peas A Chance…

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I never said it was totally unimportant ... it is ridiculous to think the captain is totally responsible for a teams failures alone, just as it ridiculous to think a team captain is solely responsible...like I said, I gave yo a great example of a team captain who won multiple championships, many also considered Gretzky a cherry picker ... but Gretzky was surrounded by another great leader, Mark Messier ... and everyone knows he was the leader of every team he played for including the Oilers...
    I don't believe he is completely responsible, but he certainly bears the plurality of any responsibility compared to any other player on the team.  If he wins a cup this year, I'll give him some credit and he will move up to a top 50 player.  But until that happens, he's just another one way forward with a good shot, that can score a lot of goals.  He's dangerous on the ice, but can't get the important goal completed

As far as your Oilers example, sure Messier was probably the true captain, but Jesus Christ, that was probably one of the greatest teams of all time, with two of the greatest players of all time playing together.  Gretzky is #1 and Messier is definitely top 10.  It's not like Caps have another HOFer on the roster right now.  
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don't believe he is completely responsible, but he certainly bears the plurality of any responsibility compared to any other player on the team.  If he wins a cup this year, I'll give him some credit and he will move up to a top 50 player.  But until that happens, he's just another one way forward with a good shot, that can score a lot of goals.  He's dangerous on the ice, but can't get the important goal completed

As far as your Oilers example, sure Messier was probably the true captain, but Jesus Christ, that was probably one of the greatest teams of all time, with two of the greatest players of all time playing together.  Gretzky is #1 and Messier is definitely top 10.  It's not like Caps have another HOFer on the roster right now.  
    Whatever...he'll move to a top 50 player.  LOL ... most ridiculous thing I've read in a while.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I don't think he is winning the cup this year ... Stanley cup finals maybe.  The Jets look to be the team to beat...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Top 50 all time.. not playing today.