2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    if Wininipeg beats Nashville in game 7, AND Winnipeg takes Vegas to at least game 5, the QOTSA show gets postponed/rescheduled/cancelled. NHL seems to rule the fucking world. The just say "nope, we're using the arena that day". been waiting for this show for months. Hopefully it works out AND the jets win. 
    I'd rather a show be postponed because of the Jets than the stupid raptors because that's what happened to a bunch of us during the 2016 PJ tour. 
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    KC138045 said:
    if Wininipeg beats Nashville in game 7, AND Winnipeg takes Vegas to at least game 5, the QOTSA show gets postponed/rescheduled/cancelled. NHL seems to rule the fucking world. The just say "nope, we're using the arena that day". been waiting for this show for months. Hopefully it works out AND the jets win. 
    I believe the Jets ownership owns the stadium ... so they should have first rights to the arena during the playoffs...
    true enough, you're right. there must be a clause in every concert contract that states True North can cancel/reschedule an event at their own discretion. just never come up before. 
    That’s what I think to.  I had a concert re-scheduled because the sports team owned the building and during the playoffs they retained rights to the arena first...whether the band likes it or not...I’m sure most bands are aware of this.  As much as I’d like to see Winnipeg win and for to have this problem...I’m just not sure if they blew the opportunity at home...time will tell, Love game 7’s, wish it was in Winnipeg though, that building would be electric...
    Wasn't Toronto 2 moved one day in '16 because of a Raptors game?
    Yes, I believe so ... my sister had tickets for the PJ shows in Toronto and I remember her saying the concert bumped because of basketball...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    Yes.  The concerts were schedule back to back days.  Once Toronto extended the series, PJ (agreed or were forced to) took a day off and the Raptors played.  PJ played the second show the following night.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    MayDay10 said:
    Yes.  The concerts were schedule back to back days.  Once Toronto extended the series, PJ (agreed or were forced to) took a day off and the Raptors played.  PJ played the second show the following night.
    They were kind enough to lose shortly thereafter.  Go Cavs.  
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Go Jets!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Nami said:
    Go Jets!
    I’m hopeful...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    :lol:
    Image may contain 1 person smiling

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Rinne is not a big game goaltender. Two awful goals there.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Coming from a Red Wings fan who also loves the Blackhawks as a second favorite team-
    Go Jets tonight!
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Coming from a King's fan who has a shitton of money coming if Nashville wins the cup - c'mon Preds!

The Jets are just killing them, cannot believe they haven't scored this period.  Watching Nashville try to clear their zone is so frustrating
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    edited May 2018
    And....there it is
    Hats off to the Jets.  I will root for them against Vegas.  
    Ahhh.  Don't gamble!
    And...Rinne can suck it!  What a weak performance he gave.  
    Good job Jets.  Another president trophy winner fails to win it all...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Crazy how the best regular season team fails so often.
    Shows how great goalies win cups.  Fuck inconsistency in the regular season. Stand on your head in the playoffs!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    If great goalies wins cups, why isn’t Lundqvist’s name on it yet? 

Argh!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited May 2018
    He is overrated and he lost vs a better clutch / big time G
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Woohoo Jets!

Thanks for the birthday win. Now go beat some Vegas ass. We're coming for you Bolts.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

Great game, one step closer to the cup coming home for a year!

Anyone think they should have left Rinne in?

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Nami said:

Great game, one step closer to the cup coming home for a year!

Anyone think they should have left Rinne in?

I think pulling Rinne was the right call ... their backup gave  Nashville  chance to come back...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    It was a good move by the coach... thought they would put him back in to start the 2nd.
    Didn't really matter as they were massively outplayed.
    Winnipeg v Nashville was a wird series no doubt.  Rinne being pulled 3 times in the series and the Jets winning 3 road games in the series...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,432
    dankind said:

Argh!
    Mike Drop!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    Congrats Winnipeg. They definitely deserved to win this series. I thought it was a pretty evenly matched series with the play, but really weird. Home ice meant nothing to either team. Pekka just didn't look the same this postseason, but he had no help at all in front. Josi and Ellis combined for 1 point and played really poor defensively. That second goal, Ellis just stood there and watched Stastny. Glad the fans in Winnipeg get to experience the conference finals and I hope y'all smash Vegas.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    dankind said:

Argh!
    Lundquist and Price (and Rinne).

Goaltending is a tough position to call, and much, much different than 20 years ago, when you really needed a top 5 or 10 goalie to really stand a chance... unless you had a sick team of skaters like the Red Wings.

Goaltending is a spreadsheet of making yourself big, cutting off angles, and decreasing the probabilities of a puck going into the net. Its all study, size, and technique and not so much reflexes and athleticism.  Many goalies are fairly interchangeable and are also dependent on their defense clogging shot lanes and clearing vision. Almost any goalie is capable of getting hot in the playoffs and stealing a series or 2.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    PJWGIII said:
    Coming from a Red Wings fan who also loves the Blackhawks as a second favorite team-
    Go Jets tonight!

What?!?!?  That should be illegal.
    MayDay10 said:
    dankind said:

Argh!
    Lundquist and Price (and Rinne).

Goaltending is a tough position to call, and much, much different than 20 years ago, when you really needed a top 5 or 10 goalie to really stand a chance... unless you had a sick team of skaters like the Red Wings.

Goaltending is a spreadsheet of making yourself big, cutting off angles, and decreasing the probabilities of a puck going into the net. Its all study, size, and technique and not so much reflexes and athleticism.  Many goalies are fairly interchangeable and are also dependent on their defense clogging shot lanes and clearing vision. Almost any goalie is capable of getting hot in the playoffs and stealing a series or 2.
    Price will have to leave Montreal if he wants a cup ... the only time he has a team in front of him is when he is the Olympic goalie.  As long as Montreal keeps Bergeron as GM Montreal is going nowhere.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    well, with the Jets win, it looks like my QOTSA show will get moved or cancelled. Unless either team sweeps. Can't see that happening. 

that was a fun fucking game to watch. Subban's dive was brutal. Can't believe the refs fell for it. maybe it's why they let Myers get away with tackling a pred not once but twice. 

we were all shocked that they pulled Rinne so early. But hey, that's why i'm not a coach. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    well, with the Jets win, it looks like my QOTSA show will get moved or cancelled. Unless either team sweeps. Can't see that happening. 

that was a fun fucking game to watch. Subban's dive was brutal. Can't believe the refs fell for it. maybe it's why they let Myers get away with tackling a pred not once but twice. 

we were all shocked that they pulled Rinne so early. But hey, that's why i'm not a coach. 
    I couldn't tell if that was a dive or not. They never showed a replay in the arena(or i wasn't paying attention) and it was opposite end of the ice and glass was somewhat blocking my view. Wouldn't shock me if he dove. He embellishes a lot, but he was really the only defensemen that showed up in this series for us. They did let several things go, but heard a crazy stat on the radio last night before the game that when Dan O'Halloran refs a Jets game they are 9-0 over the last year(including playoffs) with like a 4.6 goal average. Jets got called for 3 penalties to our 1, and the refs didn't cost us the game or series or anything, but thought that was nuts. He's definitely a good luck charm for them lol.

Now go out and demolish the Knights
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    ponytd said:

I couldn't tell if that was a dive or not. They never showed a replay in the arena(or i wasn't paying attention) and it was opposite end of the ice and glass was somewhat blocking my view. Wouldn't shock me if he dove. He embellishes a lot, but he was really the only defensemen that showed up in this series for us. They did let several things go, but heard a crazy stat on the radio last night before the game that when Dan O'Halloran refs a Jets game they are 9-0 over the last year(including playoffs) with like a 4.6 goal average. Jets got called for 3 penalties to our 1, and the refs didn't cost us the game or series or anything, but thought that was nuts. He's definitely a good luck charm for them lol.

Now go out and demolish the Knights
    after watching the replay, it was a dive to end all dives. he barely touched him. but whatever. 

his shot from a blue line is a fucking bullet though. wow. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD