2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    How the hell can he blow the whistle that fast? Shoulda been a goa
    Yeah, that was BS.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    Wondering if they need to change the standard from "ref loses sight of the puck" to "ref actually sees the goalie smother the puck."
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489

Nashville has a terrible name.  Who wants to be called a "predator" in 2017?

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Great game tonight.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Ugh. I am happy for everyone on the Penguins except for Crosby. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    edited June 2017
    Fuck the Pens, but more than that, fuck the on and off-ice officials, who played a much larger role in determining this series than should ever happen. Pittsburgh owes tonight's ref a big cheque.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The fix is in.
    Disgusting.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Crosby putting an exclamation point on being the best player in hockey today.

And fuck you Bettman.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Crosby won the MVP? 

What about Malkin? Guentzel? or Murray?
  • Way to go Penguins! Unbelievable!  Still can't believe Crosby came back from the dirty Niskanen crosscheck to the face and played through what must have been a concussion.  Anyone who thinks Crosby should not have won the conn smythe were either not watching or not paying attention.  He is the heart and soul of the team.   And the ref arguers must realize that the refs were trying to even it up penalty wise the rest of the game, culminating in the 5 on 3 chance for next to nothing.  Once again, way to go Pens, you have made my 4 time stanley cup champions shirt obsolete rather quickly but i can live with that! 
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

Yes, maybe the refs could have been in proper position as to not make a crap call instead of "attempting" to even up the score...
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

• Yes, maybe the refs could have been in proper position as to not make a crap call instead of "attempting" to even up the score...

Awww.  Was that the first time the preds had a funny call .  I knew back when sid was slashed in the head and then while he was reeling from that was cross checked in the face and after all that it was called a good hockey play that the refs and toronto could be counted on for nothing.  There were shitty calls and non calls both ways. 
  • You know whats funny is that "IT'S ALL THEIR FAULT,........THEY SUCK!!!!"
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    The fix is in.
    Disgusting.

...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited June 2017
    cutz said:
    Crosby won the MVP? 

What about Malkin? Guentzel? or Murray?
    Murray didn't play every game and Fleury won a game 7 for them.  Guentzel scored mostly  because of Crosby. Malkin maybe but he was a bit up and down.  I hate Crosby and it was an utter joke when he won Conn Smythe last year but I think he was most deserving this year.

Great run by Pittsburgh. Didn't think it was possible to win back-to-back these days and they managed to do it so have to give them props for that.  Remember in the beginning of the playoffs everyone talked about how playing by division was unfair since that division they had to beat Columbus and Washington to get through and won 2 game 7s.

the whistle blow on the Preds goal was a complete fucking joke.  Very quick. You cannot under any circumstances do that in a game 6 Stanley Cup final game.  just awful.

Lavy has now lost 2 cups on piece of shit goals (Kane vs Flyers).  Of course both those Cups he too teams that were 8 seeds to the Finals.

at least now that it's over I don't have to put up with any country music for awhile. sorry but Luke Bryan has a face that you see in a bar and think about slugging him (not that i condone that or would do it).
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    edited June 2017
    Congrats to the Penguins. Not the outcome I was hoping for obviously, but it was a really good game I thought. Our magic just ran out. Still very proud of the Preds to make it this far. The run they made in the playoffs was special, and not sure it would've been  topped by them if they had won it all considering the circumstances. Very proud of this team and hopefully it's the start of another Cup run next year and in the years coming.

And yes, I'm sick of the country too, but then again, I live here lol. At least it wasn't all country though. Cage the Elephant played during the 2nd intermission last night which was cool
    Post edited by ponytd on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    5 years ago today that the Kings raised their first cup.
    F the Penguins, but props to them also for winning again.
    Too bad for Nashville, they had a big run.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    dignin said:

Crosby putting an exclamation point on being the best player in hockey today.

And fuck you Bettman.
    What did he do?  (Crosby, not Bettman.)
    The NHL is so far up Crosby's ass they can't see anyone else on the team.  Jake, Malkin, or Murray definitely should've gotten the Conn Smythe.  Don't even try to justify Crosby getting it.. again.  Didn't deserve either one.

Also fuck the Penguins organization for tweeting GOAT last night!  This is why people hate your organization.  Crosby ain't even the best fucking Penguin ever, let alone the league.  Christ on a god damned cracker.
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    #FHP
    The NHL is so far up Crosby's ass they can't see anyone else on the team.  Jake, Malkin, or Murray definitely should've gotten the Conn Smythe.  Don't even try to justify Crosby getting it.. again.  Didn't deserve either one.

Also fuck the Penguins organization for tweeting GOAT last night!  This is why people hate your organization.  Crosby ain't even the best fucking Penguin ever, let alone the league.  Christ on a god damned cracker.
    Murray only played 11 playoff games. Fluery played more. no way you can give Conn Smythe to a guy who played 11 games.  Crobsy played one less game, was tied for 3rd in goals, 1st in assists and 2nd in points for the Pens. As I said earlier he didn't deserve it last yer...this year he did.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    yeah, I don't think you could make a strong case against Crosby for the Conn Smythe

I am glad the season is over and everyone is 0-0-0 again.  Time for some moves... Sabres are interviewing Housley and Tochett for HC, awards and uniform unveiling for a bunch of teams next week, expansion draft, draft, then free agency all in the next couple weeks.   
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    The fix is in.
    Disgusting.

If the fix was in, wouldn't the refs have made sure the Preds won so there would be a game 7???

That disallowed goal was absolute garbage, but I can't believe all the crying about the refs.  4 of the 6 games in this series were complete blowouts...
    Yeah, the NHL would have much preferred a Game 7.
    The fix is in.
    Disgusting.

If the fix was in, wouldn't the refs have made sure the Preds won so there would be a game 7???

That disallowed goal was absolute garbage, but I can't believe all the crying about the refs.  4 of the 6 games in this series were complete blowouts...
    Yeah, I'm not buying that either.  The better team won the series.
    Well, who do my Blackhawks unload this summer?  I think shopping Seabrook is a given, but that contract is so bloated I don't know who would take him.  Maybe Vegas.  Could Hossa be on the trade block, too?  "Inside sources" are saying at least one of the big names is on the move.  It's not going to be Toews, Kane, or Keith, and probably not Crawford, either.  No doubt some significant room must be made for the cap.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Horos said:

Where is the Pisces' 1979 trophy?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Pittsburgh and boston can both f.o.
    edited June 2017
    MayDay10 said:
    Pittsburgh and boston can both f.o.
    and Chicago
    and Boston