Options

First time to Vancouver, BC, need hotel help

OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
edited August 2011 in The Porch
Hi Everyone,

I'd like someone's help who is familiar with the area please. Going to the Vancouver show next month and would like to know of hotels near the venue. Any advice? I've done tons of searches and feel a bit lost. Not sure where to avoid and where to go.

Thanks!
I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,655
    YMCA hotel downtown. It is reasonably priced and nice. I have stayed there every time I have seen a concert in Vancouver.
  • Options
    sfearllsfearll Posts: 16
    I'm a first time visitor to Vancouver too.. wondering about transportation options to the Coliseum... anyone interested in pooling resources to hire a limo from downtown?
    10/28/2000 San Bernardino (11th row, thanx TenClub!)
    6/2/2003 Irvine
    11/7/2006 Sydney
    7/2008 VH1 Honors
    9/30/2009 Los Angeles
    10/7/2009 Los Angeles
    9/25/2011 Vancouver
    6/21/2012 Manchester
    7/19/2013 Wrigley Field
    11/23/2013 Los Angeles
    10/25/2014 Bridge School Benefit
    4/16/2016 Greenville SC
    4/18/2016 Hampton VA
    4/20/2016 Raleigh
    4/21/2016 Columbia SC
    5/5/2016 Quebec City
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680
    The majority of hotels in Vancouver are in the downtown core, everything from hostels to 5-star properties. If you want to be close to restaurants, shops, beaches, nightlife, etc, definitely stay downtown.There is a Holiday Inn right around the corner from Pacfic Coliseum on Hastings if you want to be close to the venue but there's really nothing over there to do.

Pacific Coliseum in on the eastern edge of Vancouver and about a 15-20 minute taxi ride from downtown hotels. To get to the show a taxi is your best bet for sure. You can bus it as well. After the show it's goingto be a nightmare. Taxis are hard to get and buses run infrequently at that time of night on that road. Be ready to wait a bit.

Really too bad they aren't playing Rogers Arena this time. Such a better location.
  • Options
    nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 514
    I thought Empire Landmark Hotel was cool, and comfortable. Revolving restaurant on top. Think its west on Robson.
  • Options
    Years back I lived in Richmond, B.C. and had lots of folks ask about good hotels for fair prices. I recommend the Coast Vancouver Airport Hotel http://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/canad ... t/overview

I wasn't living in B.C. for the 2005 show so I booked a room there and was very happy. Good prices, really good service and they have a an inexpensive restaurant and also a small pub. Would totally stay there again.
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    you can always try the Waldorf. Just had a facelift. It's about a 12-block walk…
    Not the best neighborhood, but it's being gentrified, I think is the term.

http://www.waldorfhotel.com/hotel/#1
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 379
    The only hotels that are walking distance to the venue are the Holiday Inn Express Vancouver and the Ramada Vancouver Exhibition Park. If you're staying for a few days it would be worthwhile to stay downtown and deal with the mayhem of getting back there after the show.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=hotels&hl= ... src=0&z=15
  • Options
    sfearll wrote:
    I'm a first time visitor to Vancouver too.. wondering about transportation options to the Coliseum... anyone interested in pooling resources to hire a limo from downtown?

I'd be interested in doing a limo from downtown. PM me.
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    THANK YOU!! I appreciate everyone's assistance. I will look into the suggested places and go from there. I hope everyone enjoys the shows!! :)
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...