Options

You have plans for Record Store Day?

Comments

• Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    skere26 wrote:
    Jerry's Records at 9am, Pauls Discs at 10am, and Slipped Disc by 11.

All on a scheduled beautiful rainy day in Pittsburgh..(granted most days are rainy)..
    Where is Slipped Disc,in the city?
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    I'll be going to a shop thats closer to me then Amoeba in Hollywood is.. I dont think I wanna be near that madhouse tomorrow. :-)
    Hoping to get there early to score some goodies.. depending on what the local shop gets.
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    Kloddz wrote:
    Ah, Record Store Day - another one of those cool ass things that we don't have in Europe. :evil:

WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Wait, is the UK in Europe now ? :o;)
    We don't have it here either Kloddz :cry: .

Edit : In fact, we do, this year, for the first time :D
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    ps .. anybody know any Canadian/USA RSD stores who are selling RSD goodies tomorrow online?
  • Options
    superfuzz30superfuzz30 Posts: 369
    Pens game, drinks and waiting for Attic Records to open at Midnight.

Granted I work in an inde record store so most of my fun has already been had.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    strummers wrote:
    The PJ 7" has disappeared from the UK Record Day site! :(

Yeah I noticed that too. I'm just gonna go anyway and see whats there
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    im wanna get the fucked up town comp lp, the white stripes 7"'s, pj lp's, bad brains 7", nirvana 12", mastodon/zz top split and probably more.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    Went to my local strore today to see what they got in. He said he only got about 1/2 of what he requested. He had both the PJ reissues in stock, but not the Immortality 7". Got snubbed on Fleet Foxes, Mumford & Sons, Rolling Stones, and Nirvana too. But he did have a few of the Foo's, all of the Vanguard reissues, Hendrix, Dylan, Beach Boys, and the Floyd stuff.

I'll be there bright and early! Good luck you guys!!!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    Getting up early.
    Grabbing my spoons.
    Hitting the town.

Friend_Record.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMKCPW_HO8E
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Gonna stroll down to my local store, that's been keeping me in vinyl for the last 18 months - show some support and have a cup of tea - though I don't have too much money to splash around currently.

They say they are selling more vinyl than ever - and they've been around a while. It's easy to keep giving them my custom actually, because they have a much bigger stock of both vinyl and CDs than any of the big corporate stores still left, they are a lot cheaper, and they have a great second hand record section which has loads of fresh goodies every week!

Looking forward to it!!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    edited April 2011
    I will be going here for International Record Store Day:
    http://www.realgroovy.co.nz/Information/84 :D

oh & the website says:
    Special Vinyl Releases exclusive to Independent Record Store Day including:
    Adele, Beach Boys, Cults, Daft Punk, Beth Ditto, Michael Jackson, Kings Of Leon, Lady Gaga, Machine Head, Queen, Bruce Springsteen, Anberlin, Black Angels, Foo Fighters, Deftones, Gorillaz, Hollywood Dead, Mastodon, Duff McKagan, New York Dolls, Tom Petty, Robbie Robertson, Pearl Jam, Kate Bush, Bob Dylan, Menzingers, Pink Floyd, Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, Fleet Foxes, Grinderman, Rise Against*
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    RSD started early for me, picked up Given To Fly and I Am Mine on 7" for £3.50 earlier this afternoon. Happy days.

• Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    Going to Redscroll Records in Wallingford, CT

cant spend as much as last yr b/c i just did $550 in car repairs/maintenance...when it rains it pours

really after the PJ 7" and Nirvana Hormoaning, Doors Single, White Stripes dual-45s, foo fighters medium rare, and a couple others
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Woooody wrote:
    Getting up early.
    Grabbing my spoons.
    Hitting the town.

Friend_Record.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMKCPW_HO8E

The lack of giving a shit in that video is awesome.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    I hope to get over to Plan 9 in Charlottesville and hang around til 2...the Drive By Truckers are doing an in store accoustic set there. I have tickets to see them later that night in town as well.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    We have a great record store a few blocks from my house. They have live local acoustic music by all original artists from noon to 8pm. I'm gonna pick something up and check out some bands too.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    nicky-p38nicky-p38 Posts: 394
    edited April 2011
    I just called three places near me and none will have it tomorrow. Gonna go anyway to see what else they have but I was hoping to get the PJ single. According to the list there is not a limited number so not sury why nobody has it?
    Post edited by nicky-p38 on
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Anyone have a hypothesis what the PJ 45 will run? I will be in Palatine, IL looking for

-Immortality

-Foos

-Mumford

-White Stripes

-Civil Wars

-Decemberists cd set
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    Got off the phone with Taz Records Halifax. They have half a dozen copies of Immortality. Nothing can be reserved. Doors open @ 9am. I got a feeling those will sell out before I make it to the store after 6pm. D'oh! :(
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    Anyone know of any good record shops near Broadway in NYC. I'm taking my nephew to see American Idiot tomorrow and would love to stop in to get some stuff on record store day since I won;t make it to my local shop.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    so what will the PJ release cost?
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    Sawyer wrote:
    so what will the PJ release cost?

If I had to guess, I'd say $10-12
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Evensteven wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    the ebay collectors have ruined record store day for me. it's like the ticket brokers. they get in line early and buy all the rarest shit to sell them on ebay.

Yes. If you show up 10mins before the store opens there will likely be 20 dudes in front of you in line that look like the comic book guy from The Simpsons.

Last year at Waterloo in Austin the line was around the block 20 minutes before it opened.

It seems to me the record stores and the customers would be better seved if RSD was 5 or 6 times per year. That way the stores wouldn't be forced to buy all this stuff at one time and we wouldn't be forced to spend all the cash on one day. There are more than enough releases now.

I've just seen on ebay someone selling Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Stones and Springsteen releases. Disappointing.

• Options
    Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    myra wrote:
    Edit : In fact, we do, this year, for the first time :D

Regardez ici!

http://www.recordstoreday.com/Venues?country=France
    :D
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    I've just seen on ebay someone selling Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Stones and Springsteen releases. Disappointing.

That is what Record Store Day is all about right? :roll:

I'll be checking out a few stores around me here in South Jersey. Have fun everyone!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

I'll be checking out a few stores around me here in South Jersey. Have fun everyone!! :mrgreen:

Well its not supposed to be is it. I don't understand how this years releases are on ebay already or how people have already bought them

• Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Planning on heading down to my local record store to see what gems I can find :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    I'll be heading to BackDoor Records in Johnson City. Fairly small market here, so hopefully I can score some stuff I'm after.
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    boyo79 wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

Well its not supposed to be is it. I don't understand how this years releases are on ebay already or how people have already bought them

Everybody who goes to record store day should then abstain from buying music on ebay for at least a month afterwards.
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    If anyone sees Neurons' vinyl (sovereign) I'd be eternally grateful if you could pick it up for me!!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>