Options

How do EV pre-sales go?

OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
edited March 2011 in The Porch
I dropped the ball the last 3 years or whatever and never tried to get tix to his shows that came around me for one reason or another. I was just wondering if they sell quickly or if everybody usually gets tix? Has it always been one pair per member then any left over open to everybody? I want to get tix to the Hartford show cause it's the only weekend gig and I can't go during the week. I have never scored tix to a PJ show in CT and fear the worst for this. TM or whatever will be no guarentee either. Thanks for any input.
"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EV in 2008 was a fucking disaster and most shows sold out w/in seconds. Keep in mind that there's only about 200-400 TC tickets (I think?) for a show like this as opposed to thousands for PJ shows. I was lucky enough to score LA2 and SD1, but it was a disaster.

This time around though, you're only getting a TC option for ONE SHOW, and then you're on your own for the public on-sale.

Advice: Be online, logged in well before the presale time, make sure all your shit works. Keep refreshing when it gets close, then hit buy as SOON AS YOU SEE IT. It's really as quick as, if you wait a few seconds too long, you're done.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    You will sit there and refresh till your eyes fall off your face :lol::lol: Good luck ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    very bloody
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    its not easy at all. although with people saving for the big show this might not be awful :)
  • Options
    its not easy at all. although with people saving for the big show this might not be awful :)

Which is why i'm not freaking out too much for St. Louis.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    OGT92 wrote:
    I dropped the ball the last 3 years or whatever and never tried to get tix to his shows that came around me for one reason or another. I was just wondering if they sell quickly or if everybody usually gets tix? Has it always been one pair per member then any left over open to everybody? I want to get tix to the Hartford show cause it's the only weekend gig and I can't go during the week. I have never scored tix to a PJ show in CT and fear the worst for this. TM or whatever will be no guarentee either. Thanks for any input.
    If you can't get pre-sale tickets, I know the Bushnell will be selling them on their website on April 1st.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. I've tried to get PJ tix in the past and it's been hell, but if there is a limited quantity maybe I'll have a chance.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    funny with cant wait comments before time and alot of bitching after.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    :lol: If I get shut out of 10C sale, I'll just try the theater website.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    :lol: If I get shut out of 10C sale, I'll just try the theater website.
    I hear ya there
  • Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Not that bad i did 4 tickets at the Ryman for the same night . two accounts ;)
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Have a backup show...for instance, I really want Chicago but will drive to Minneapolis if I have to.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,810
    Know the time zones.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    Your experience will depend a lot on what show you are trying for. The Beacon shows will be tough to get...
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options

I was just asking if I had a snow balls chance of getting tix. If I don't, I don't. Would I like to, of course.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    How do they go? Flippin fast.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    100-200 ONLY?
    Gosh, I should be careful what I wish for....
    :roll:
  • Options
    Spoken wrote:
    100-200 ONLY?
    Gosh, I should be careful what I wish for....
    :roll:

As far as what i'm lead to believe, 10C has about 10% of allocated tickets... but you're buying 2 remember...
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    Speaking of tickets... When the pj concert bash goes on sale, how many tickets are usually reserved for members before going out to public?
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    pjeptx wrote:
    Speaking of tickets... When the pj concert bash goes on sale, how many tickets are usually reserved for members before going out to public?

It's usually around 10%, but PJ has been known to negotiate larger amounts for special shows. I'm sure for PJ20 the 10c will be given a larger than normal amount of tickets, but any numbers would just be speculation.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    it depends a bit on the city you are aiming for -
    The prime markets are really tough-
    i went to two EV shows in Toronto - got tickets through TEN CLUB for the first night (the SECOND they went on sale of course) and didnt get them for the second night (though I tried).
    I got tickets for the second night through a local radio station pre-sale - and if that didnt work I could have tried the public on-sale, and if that didnt work, ticket exchange, 10c message board, trades, scalpers or people dumping their extra tickets.
    I remember Albany as well- not too hard to get tickets and there were lots available at the show- I upgraded my seats to 15th row from the second balcony. the place was full in the end though.

The first step is always to sweat it out in front of your computer at the exact date and time of the pre-sale.

good luck
    im going for Detroit this time around
  • Options
    if you don't get tix through the TC don't worry. the public onsale isn't as bad and you might even get better tix there anyway. also if the show does sell out you can still score tix easily at the venue. my buddy scored 3rd row seats to boston 20 minutes before the show outside for face without fees. i was pissed cause iw as up in the baclony. there is a lot of false demand because scalpers buy a ton of these tickets. just be patient.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • Options
    if you don't get tix through the TC don't worry. the public onsale isn't as bad and you might even get better tix there anyway. also if the show does sell out you can still score tix easily at the venue. my buddy scored 3rd row seats to boston 20 minutes before the show outside for face without fees. i was pissed cause iw as up in the baclony. there is a lot of false demand because scalpers buy a ton of these tickets. just be patient.

good to hear. I'm going for the Benny show. My guess is so will everyone else.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Can everyone not go for the Benny Show?

Thank You :D

Rico
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    thefixer9 wrote:

Rico

haha yeah as well as Chi-town!

Those might be two of the toughest to get. The only consolation I see is that I only need one to both shows, so TM wouldn't be horrible.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    Myself and a couple other friends are trying for Benaroya hall as well. I'm sooooo nervous. This may be tough.
  • Options
    Vedderhead1Vedderhead1 Posts: 189
    I know this is not EV tixs, but I was working the day Buffalo 10' went on sale, and lost out...I put out a 'plea' oon the message board for two 10C tixs, as the tixs for public sale were all nosebleeds...Two (now friends), I met here hooked my wife and I up. We picked them up at the bus station, took them to the arena, and we all had a blast. One got Row-7, the other Row-20...Beautiful show, great people...I always suggest reaching out here first for tickets, and if all else fails... :crazy:
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:

Rico

I just ask that anyone in the northern US that get a lot of PJ please leave St.Louis for us Southerners. ;)
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I had no problem for Montreal a couple years back, but maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V