Options

Footsteps

skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
edited November 2010 in The Porch
I always seem to forget how much I love this song...and then I hear it...and it just rings true for me...especially these lines...

I did what I had to do. If there was a reason, it was you.

Aaah, don't even think about getting inside. Voices in my head. Ooh, voices.
I got scratches all over my arms. One for each day since I fell apart.

Ooh, I did, oh, what I had to do. If there was a reason it was you.

Footsteps in the hall... It was you, you.
Ooh, pictures on my chest... It was you. It was you...

Ooh, I did a what I had to do. Oh, and if there was a reason... Oh, there wasn't no reason. no.
**And if there's something you'd like to do. Oh, just let me continue to blame you.**

** this one in particular** :lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    The song became so powerful to me when I 1st heard it on one of my old bootleg tapes from like 1992. It was live played as part of the mini opera with Once and Alive and I couldnt stop rewinding it and playing it over and over again. When I am at a show, and it's played live, it has to be one of top 3-5 songs to hear live during a show. For sure.
  • Options
    LA98LA98 Posts: 256
    LOVE this song. It was the highlight of my day on 5/18/10. :D
  • Options
    LA98 wrote:
    I was there... :wave:

hi Mr. elway...how are you these days?
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    LA98 wrote:
    I was there... :wave:

hi Mr. elway...how are you these days?

doing well! had an awesome homecoming last week and a cookie drive where we sent almost 900 pounds of cookies to Troops in Afghanistan and Iraq. Let's just say your very charitable help and poster donations was put to good use already!! Speaking of Footsteps- I had this song played during our wedding, just to show you home much it means to me!
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Amazing song. I've lost count of the number of times I played the version on the b-side of the NAIS single. Shivers down the spine every time.

Good to see you SRW
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options

doing well! had an awesome homecoming last week and a cookie drive where we sent almost 900 pounds of cookies to Troops in Afghanistan and Iraq. Let's just say your very charitable help and poster donations was put to good use already!! Speaking of Footsteps- I had this song played during our wedding, just to show you home much it means to me!
    that's beautiful!
    tremors wrote:
    Amazing song. I've lost count of the number of times I played the version on the b-side of the NAIS single. Shivers down the spine every time.

Good to see you SRW
    good evening Mr. tremors...how are you? i say with a curtsy...

I remember listening to this song on repeat myself...it's beautifully haunting...shivers absolutely!
  • Options
    its the first ever pj song i learned to play on guitar :D
    absolutely love it
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051

that's beautiful!
    tremors wrote:

Good to see you SRW
    good evening Mr. tremors...how are you? i say with a curtsy...

I remember listening to this song on repeat myself...it's beautifully haunting...shivers absolutely!

Good evening. No need to curtsy, it's an informal occasion! I'm good - tired but good, thanks
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    "I've got scratches, all over my arm, one for each day since I fell apart." I love that line.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    LA98 wrote:

It was the highlight of my day 06/30/08---Ed blew me a kiss during this song...well it was either me or one of the 25 guys around me :? :lol::)
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    the original version without the harmonica is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    edited November 2010
    Sometimes this song reminds me of the first night I heard it on the radio.
    I was driving under the freeway overpass when I lived in Seattle.
    I was driving home from choir rehearsal in Bellevue on a Wednesday night.
    I wrote down the lyrics so I could call the radio station to find out what the new song was. :geek:
    Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options

Demo?
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    This is one of those songs that I feel my life will not be complete if I don't get to hear live. What a powerful song. Top five for me definitely, maybe even top three.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,251
    Tangerine wrote:

Demo?

No, listen to a live boot from 92 or 93 (like Stockholm) and its without the harmonica. Personly I like the one with harmonica moore.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    Always in my Top 5! It was incomprehensible for me that they striked out Footsteps from the setlist in Berlin 2010 and replaced it with Come Back! On the other hand Black/Come Back were the most emotional songs I ever heard live! Eddie brought us to tears! Top notch!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257

Was this one the original ?
    Definitely my favorite version as well. For years, it's been the only version I knew, off a 1993 bootleg in -I guess- San Diego. Ever since then, it's been my fav. song along with SOLAT (off the same bootleg). Could listen to it for hours on repeat .... * sigh*
    When I heard the recorded version with the harmonica, I assumed this last one was the original but they had taken off the harmonica because somehow it was more convenient on stage :? :lol: (I do realize this doesn't make any sense).
  • Options
    myra wrote:

Definitely my favorite version as well. For years, it's been the only version I knew, off a 1993 bootleg in -I guess- San Diego. Ever since then, it's been my fav. song along with SOLAT (off the same bootleg). Could listen to it for hours on repeat .... * sigh*
    When I heard the recorded version with the harmonica, I assumed this last one was the original but they had taken off the harmonica because somehow it was more convenient on stage :? :lol: (I do realize this doesn't make any sense).

Yes, on one of the very earliest jeremy singles it was an additional track...no harmonica, harmonica was added much later
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    myra wrote:

Yes, on one of the very earliest jeremy singles it was an additional track...no harmonica, harmonica was added much later

Now that makes more sense :D