Options

1998 Tour Tshirt---Free!**WINNER**

OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
edited October 2010 in Given To Fly (live)
Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all well!! I appreciate everyone's generosity ont his board and kindness. Since Dimitris was kind enough to get this going, I'd like to offer up a new 1998 Tour Tshirt-XL. All you got to do is name your favorite PJ song and why it's your favorite. I'll pick 1 name at random on Saturday night and contact them to get shipping details. Shipping is on me. Good luck!

IMG_0605-1.jpgIMG_0606.jpg

Smile. Stay happy.
Here's to the greatest band, EVER!!! PJ :D

And the winner is... thefixer9

Congrats and please send me your info!
Thank you all so much for participating :)
I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    "In My Tree"

It's the ultimate escape song.
  • Options
    In Hiding = perfection

Thanks!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Immortality...

Thanks
    by nine he had deciphered the illusion, trading magic for a fact...

32 shows since 2001 and counting ..
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    edited October 2010
    "Unthought Known" 

Everything about it is awesome. The music begins like a gently waves until it picks up and turns into this crashing wave that can't seems to stop until it does and slowly becomes gently again. I love the beginning guitar riff, it's simple yet so complex at the same time. That mixed with the piano keys turns this song into a musical masterpiece.  Eddies vocals on this song are golden. The emotion he has when he sings " Gems and Rhinestones!!!!" and "You'll be no ones Rival!!!" It's absolutely stunning!!!  He makes the song come alive and speak to you using pure emotion. Plus the lyrics are incredible!!! "Feel the sky blanket you, with gems and Rhinestones!!! See the path cut by the moon, for you to walk on." I mean come on, this is the best visual and most beautiful lyric of all time. The song is like a rollercoster of emotions that I would like to ride everyday. It is Pearl Jam's best song ever!!!

Thank you for the chance, you are awesome!!!
    Post edited by thefixer9 on
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Who You Are

- a constant reminder to remember what got you where you are-

"That's the moss, from the aforementioned verse..."
    that's the moss from the aforementioned verse...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,380
    Present Tense.....

for so many reasons, but the words hit me harder every time i hear them.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    appieappie Posts: 1,441
    Wishlist

Always try to complete it!

Also cheerz to the greatist band alive...
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    "Black"

First time I heard this was on a bus to Disneyworld in 1991. The guy sitting next to me had "ten." It was my first listen to that album and "Black" was my favorite track. Still hooked......
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    Cool!

My favorite song evolves from day-to-day. Right now I'm really big into In Hiding, I'm really identifying with it right now.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Black ,cos is the best song ever written in the history of music,and the song we all feel it in the past,or we feel it now,or we will feel it in the future
    thanks alot girl,great offer and good luck to all
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    corduroy.

all time fave(amongst many faves of course) I dont know why, this song just grabbed me when it came out and never let go.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Yield72Yield72 Posts: 193
    "In My Tree"
    I'm myself like you somehow.....
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    In Hiding

since '98 when Yield came out and I heard Stone's openning, this song has been my favorite. Being at the Spectrum last October (night 3), the crowd helped cement thus song as my number 1.

Thanks!!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    Fuckin bad ass shirt!!!!

Lukin
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    ottonypottonyp Posts: 226
    In Hiding...can definitely relate to it...thanks for the chance...
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    Smile= because i have wanted this shirt for years now and having a chance at it makes me do just that!
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    one favorite song? impossible, but today it's probably hard to imagine. heard it on the way in to work and it's such a powerful song
  • Options
    Porch - The first time that I saw MTV unplugged in Spring/Summer 1992, the "Porch" performance just blew me away. This was the song that made me a huge fan of the band. They went from being just a band that I liked, to my favorite band, and 18+ years later they are still my favorite.

Thanks..
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    footsteps

from the first time i heard this song .i know i would know it for the rest of my life.could listen to this song all day on loop
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    I love that shirt, use to have one but it faded so badly over the years.

Favorite song is Even Flow. 1st PJ song I ever heard and still my favorite song 20 years later, raw energy and power.
  • Options
    Tough one, but I have to go with Yellow Ledbetter at the moment.

It just seems so relevant right now considering the state of the world.

Thanks for the chance.
    "When a person's soul is born in a country, nets are flung at it to hold it back from flight. You speak to me of nationality, language, religion. I shall try to fly past those nets." - James Joyce
  • Options
    DE483DE483 Posts: 428
    Release

What better way to open a show. Every time I hear it I feel like something great is about to happen.

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    I Got Shit

More emotion in that song than any other...so good.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Given to Fly.

perfect.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,046
    Blood

The intensity of this song is off the charts. Porch is a close second for me.
  • Options
    sweet giveaway!!! thanks for the chance

the favorite song of today is: I got Id

it changes on a day to day basis....today is not a good day :(
    good luck to all and thanks again!!!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    Must be… Even Flow (at least today!) because of the way it KILLS when they play it live.

What a great give-away. So much love on the boards right now!
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    I love that shirt, great of you to give it away. Sometimes is my favourite PJ song. It's lyrics are like a prayer and when I wished for it to open this years show in Belfast it was played beautifully! It feels like it was written for just me to hear and it reminds me that as long as you have yourself you're never alone. I was happy to share it with several thousand of my friends though! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    I am Mine or Present Tense

Dont they just "fit" everyones lives'?
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Faithfull....Listening to this song got me through an extremely rough time in my life.
    U...You Are...Who You Are