dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    benjs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    benjs said:
    Damn those wayfair employees are cruel. No furniture for you! Poor migrant kids 
    Met a few Wayfair employees at an AI conference over the past few days - absurdly fascinating company from a data perspective, and very kind (and brilliant) people. I don't understand the cause for protest though - had Wayfair not delivered this furniture, it'd have been sourced elsewhere. Or, considering the Trump administration, maybe they just wouldn't have equipped the place with furniture at all. 
    That's a pretty poor argument. The Nazis would have just taken their business elsewhere.

If it was a company I worked for I wouldn't want any part of that travesty either. Plus it brings more attention to this issue, which can only be a good thing.
    So your company doesn’t do anything you don’t agree with? 
    I own my company, so no. But if I worked for a company that did business with a government or another company involved in separating kids from their parents and holding them in squalor you bet I would speak up. You wouldn't?

Especially when that company is so directly involved in profiting from the misery.
    I don’t think selling furniture to a border shelter/camp is really all that bad.  I guess I’m confused, complain about the conditions and boycott the conditions improving? 

To each their own, but it seems pretty stupid to me. 
    If you think of furniture as a necessity for them to operate, then selling furniture to them can be seen as contributing to enabling the system when you had a choice of not doing so.
    So if they don’t sell them furniture than no one shows up at the border??? Who knew. Problem solved. Don’t need a wall just need no furniture!

Yes, and I think it might cure cancer too.

And if it doesn't do those things, everyone should throw in the towel and do nothing at all about anything. That's the spirit, why try and change anything.
    Yup cause shipping a bed means you aren’t trying to change anything. Mkay.

That’s the spirit walk out in your job that would have provided migrants a bed! Nicely done! 

Agreed- silliness.  Cry about the conditions but when there’s comfort to be given to them, boycott it!
    Says the guy who laughs about a drowned migrant family. Keep the bar high.
    Lmao where’s the beating a dead horse emoji or banging your head on a wall
    emoji when you need it?!  I’m not laughing at the horror of the victims, I’m laughing at the Don playing through!
    jeeezus
    I don't think you know how political cartoons work. Or at least this one in particular, you just didn't get it. 
    It’s subjective.  I took it the way I took it.  It’s a cartoon.  Get a sense of humor.  The dude had a bubble over his head asking if he could play through.  That’s funny to me and I laughed when I saw it.  The same way I laughed when I read that Trump said he was “going to save the free world” the other day before he boarded Air Force 1.  It’s hilarious because it’s ridiculous. Sorry you were offended, I wasn’t meaning to be a dick, I thought it was funny.
    I get it, you took it the way you took it. I'm not offended in the least.

But I'm 100% sure the artist did not intend on making the cartoon funny. 

It reminds me of this one...

Image result for lady justice political cartoon

or this one which Canadians will remember.

Image result for war memorial political cartoon

They aren't always meant to be funny.

I know. Holy fuck.  Let’s just move on, so this thread doesn’t get closed and your political cartoon lesson interrupted.
    At least you didn’t dispute that you’re a blind Baffoon supporter 

I won’t dispute that I support him.  Why should I? I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I don’t like how he does president but I like what he’s doing as prez 
    lol yep blind 
    I wouldn’t insult you based on your vote or your beliefs, I’m comfortable
    knowing people have free will.  Sorry to see you don’t understand different strokes for different folks.
    How many more women would have to come forward with credible assault allegations before you would drop your support of him?

“If one person in your life accused you of pooping in their kitchen sink, I could be persuaded to believe that that is a lie. But if over the course of the 73 years of your life, 22 separate people came forward with detailed accounts of times you had pooped in their kitchen sinks, I’m going to start to think you’re a sink pooper."

-Colbert
    It’s not how many, it’s more like evidence, to
    me.  It’s a tough situation, but with 2 years of crying wolf about everything from toilet paper and his comb over to his Cheeto face it kinda falls on deaf ears and it’s harder to take seriously.  I certainly think it’s possible given his history but in an age where people are paid to start fights dressed as trump supporters and paid to say all kinds of things, I’ll wait for the rape kit and dna samples before I jump to any conclusion- on allegations against either side. 
    Find me one woman who decided to keep her soiled underwear after she was raped as a souvenir (I'm sorry for even writing that, it feels so distasteful). If you're willing to ignore mountains of circumstantial evidence and only admit it into your thought process if you see irrefutable proof of rape, and assume innocence until that point, then you have absolutely jumped to a conclusion, which is at odds with basic common sense. 
    Um that’s gross.  And cool, who needs evidence anyway?! Evidence shmevidence! It’s  so dumb anyway with all those silly science things.  Kinda weird how science and facts as you guys always chant isn’t necessary when it doesn’t suit your case.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    benjs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    benjs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    benjs said:

Yup cause shipping a bed means you aren’t trying to change anything. Mkay.

That’s the spirit walk out in your job that would have provided migrants a bed! Nicely done! 

Agreed- silliness.  Cry about the conditions but when there’s comfort to be given to them, boycott it!
    Says the guy who laughs about a drowned migrant family. Keep the bar high.
    Lmao where’s the beating a dead horse emoji or banging your head on a wall
    emoji when you need it?!  I’m not laughing at the horror of the victims, I’m laughing at the Don playing through!
    jeeezus
    I don't think you know how political cartoons work. Or at least this one in particular, you just didn't get it. 
    It’s subjective.  I took it the way I took it.  It’s a cartoon.  Get a sense of humor.  The dude had a bubble over his head asking if he could play through.  That’s funny to me and I laughed when I saw it.  The same way I laughed when I read that Trump said he was “going to save the free world” the other day before he boarded Air Force 1.  It’s hilarious because it’s ridiculous. Sorry you were offended, I wasn’t meaning to be a dick, I thought it was funny.
    I get it, you took it the way you took it. I'm not offended in the least.

But I'm 100% sure the artist did not intend on making the cartoon funny. 

It reminds me of this one...

Image result for lady justice political cartoon

or this one which Canadians will remember.

Image result for war memorial political cartoon

They aren't always meant to be funny.

I know. Holy fuck.  Let’s just move on, so this thread doesn’t get closed and your political cartoon lesson interrupted.
    At least you didn’t dispute that you’re a blind Baffoon supporter 

I won’t dispute that I support him.  Why should I? I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I don’t like how he does president but I like what he’s doing as prez 
    lol yep blind 
    I wouldn’t insult you based on your vote or your beliefs, I’m comfortable
    knowing people have free will.  Sorry to see you don’t understand different strokes for different folks.
    How many more women would have to come forward with credible assault allegations before you would drop your support of him?

“If one person in your life accused you of pooping in their kitchen sink, I could be persuaded to believe that that is a lie. But if over the course of the 73 years of your life, 22 separate people came forward with detailed accounts of times you had pooped in their kitchen sinks, I’m going to start to think you’re a sink pooper."

-Colbert
    It’s not how many, it’s more like evidence, to
    me.  It’s a tough situation, but with 2 years of crying wolf about everything from toilet paper and his comb over to his Cheeto face it kinda falls on deaf ears and it’s harder to take seriously.  I certainly think it’s possible given his history but in an age where people are paid to start fights dressed as trump supporters and paid to say all kinds of things, I’ll wait for the rape kit and dna samples before I jump to any conclusion- on allegations against either side. 
    Find me one woman who decided to keep her soiled underwear after she was raped as a souvenir (I'm sorry for even writing that, it feels so distasteful). If you're willing to ignore mountains of circumstantial evidence and only admit it into your thought process if you see irrefutable proof of rape, and assume innocence until that point, then you have absolutely jumped to a conclusion, which is at odds with basic common sense. 
    Um that’s gross.  And cool, who needs evidence anyway?! Evidence shmevidence! It’s  so dumb anyway with all those silly science things.  Kinda weird how science and facts as you guys always chant isn’t necessary when it doesn’t suit your case.
    Gross to me is the notion that a raped person should be asked to procure a rape kit in a matter of days, while recovering from the trauma of rape, in order to prove to chauvinistic shitheads that she was in fact raped, lest she be called a liar amongst 21 others in the identical situation. 

And on evidence - why do you think 'circumstantial evidence' has the word 'evidence' in it? Why do you think it's seen as admissible in court? 

Finally, going back to your first failed argument, bear in mind that many of these allegations predate Donald Trump even calling himself a Republican. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    edited June 2019
    It's not asking rape victims to do a rape kit right after a rape that is the problem. That absolutely should be done, and authorities should sensitively try to convince all rape victims to do that. The issue is that so many rape victims are not even able to report within the period of time when a rape kit could be done. There are all kinds of really good reasons why women don't report rapes - the majority of victims do not. RoleModelsInBlood31 apparently would like the majority of rapists to get off scott free, and it's all the rape victims' faults. He couldn't care less, I suppose, about a ton of rapists running free despite plenty of believable reasons not to. He completely ignores all the well-researched reasons why demanding hard cold DNA evidence and whatnot 100% of the time doesn't work for sex crimes. He doesn't fucking care why it doesn't, which necessarily means he doesn't actually care about rape victims - he will default to them being liars if there isn't scientific proof of the crimes committed against them.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    PJ_Soul said:
    It's not asking rape victims to do a rape kit right after a rape that is the problem. That absolutely should be done, and authorities should sensitively try to convince all rape victims to do that. The issue is that so many rape victims are not even able to report within the period of time when a rape could be done. There are all kinds of really good reasons why women don't report rapes - the majority of victims do not. RoleModelsInBlood31 apparently would like the majority of rapists off scott free, and it's all the rape victims' faults. He couldn't care less, I suppose, about a ton of rapists running free despite plenty of believable reasons not to. He completely ignores all the well-researched reasons why demanding hard cold DNA evidence and whatnot 100% of the time doesn't work for sex crimes. He doesn't fucking care why it doesn't, which necessarily means he doesn't actually care about rape victims - he will default to them being liars if there isn't scientific proof of the crimes committed against them.
    PJ_Soul, I agree with everything you wrote there.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,142
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    It's not asking rape victims to do a rape kit right after a rape that is the problem. That absolutely should be done, and authorities should sensitively try to convince all rape victims to do that. The issue is that so many rape victims are not even able to report within the period of time when a rape could be done. There are all kinds of really good reasons why women don't report rapes - the majority of victims do not. RoleModelsInBlood31 apparently would like the majority of rapists off scott free, and it's all the rape victims' faults. He couldn't care less, I suppose, about a ton of rapists running free despite plenty of believable reasons not to. He completely ignores all the well-researched reasons why demanding hard cold DNA evidence and whatnot 100% of the time doesn't work for sex crimes. He doesn't fucking care why it doesn't, which necessarily means he doesn't actually care about rape victims - he will default to them being liars if there isn't scientific proof of the crimes committed against them.
    Me too, that was awesome!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Sarcasm is not your best suit , stick to the cheese pie thin crust ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Will do! I love cheese 🍕 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Will do! I love cheese 🍕 
    Dude....every one of your posts.....this movie comes to mind

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Jason P said:
    Unpainted Arizona!

hopefully no one has to boycott apples or the such 
    This is very chadwickian., and amid the clusterfuckery of some comments related to their or others' expectations of women who've been RAPED, gave me a smile.

(and thank you to those who get it)
  • Options
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Will do! I love cheese 🍕 

Plants crave brawndo!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Will do! I love cheese 🍕 

Plants crave brawndo!
    What a joke that post is that you quoted ... LMFAO.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Will do! I love cheese 🍕 

Plants crave brawndo!
    I apparently piss off whole groups of people on here on the reg!
  • Options
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Will do! I love cheese 🍕 

Plants crave brawndo!
    I apparently piss off whole groups of people on here on the reg!
    It's not hard on this place these days...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    So no Democrats candidates or any Democrat senators are allowed access to these concentration camps that’s what these are ! He’s learning everything a wanna be dictator needs to learn from the very best this past weekend he got passing grades ..
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539
  • Options
    Unreal the hatred these individuals have for immigrants & Spanish people, to me personally it feels horribly to be living here in this country ....
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    otterotter Posts: 753
    Immigration should be; safe, legal, and rare. 
    The US should help people make their own homes better not create push factors and pull factors at the same time. 
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    otter said:
    Immigration should be; safe, legal, and rare. 
    We might be 0-3 on that one. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Baffoon is spending over 2million on his fucking parade yet the immigrants are in conditions that compare to mass chicken production farms , this is not America the greatest country anymore ! 
  • Options
    Baffoon is spending over 2million on his fucking parade yet the immigrants are in conditions that compare to mass chicken production farms , this is not America the greatest country anymore ! 
    Everyday I’m posting this !
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    edited July 2019
    Has the UN or any big international organizations said anything about these "if they die... they die *shoulder shrug*-camps?

Doesn't sound like a thing for a democracy, to have kids dying like this and it just being what... a part of it all?

Absurd, infuriating and sad.

"Well, if we vote this administration out in the next election we can stop children from being murdered by the active neglect" doesn't seem like it should be the solution to a crime like this.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Has the UN or any big international organizations said anything about these "if they die... they die *shoulder shrug*-camps?

Doesn't sound like a thing for a democracy, to have kids dying like this and it just being what... a part of it all?

"Well, if we vote this administration out in the next election we can stop children from being murdered by the active neglect" doesn't seem like it should be the solution to a crime like this.
    That’s exactly their stance if immigrants die it’s on them they shouldn’t of attempted to come here , it’s overcrowded to bad , they need beds fuck’em , towels fuck that let them just dry themselves with their clothes !!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946

That’s exactly their stance if immigrants die it’s on them they shouldn’t of attempted to come here , it’s overcrowded to bad , they need beds fuck’em , towels fuck that let them just dry themselves with their clothes !!
    Sick. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Sick. 
    It’s disheartening disgraceful disgusting as an immigrant myself I feel repulsed !
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,582
    Anyone going to watch the big round up tomorrow? Maybe head down to one of your local restaurants or minority majority neighborhoods and cheer ICE on? Anyone? Maybe they’ll raid the churches? Who’s going to church tomorrow?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©