Options

Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    They are willing to risk everything because they have nothing at home except corruption and death , it’s easy to sit here on our computers stating everything is fine as long as you come here through the front door that’s been shut in their faces ! These are desperate people who have nothing left to loose except their lives ..
    Not one of you know what it feels like to be that desperate where you have to leave the place you love ! So don’t talk like you know what these folks feel ..
    no one is claiming they know what these people are going through, jose. but you can't just let anyone come in as they please. that would cause utter chaos. unfortunately there isn't a perfect solution. and at best this current admin is fucking it up every step of the way.  
    But I’m not saying to let them all in as they please ! The posters above said they should use the front door I just posted that the front door has been slammed shut am I wrong ?
    So Jose since you yourself came here illegally many years ago and understand what these people are going through in your opinion what should the United States do about illegal immigration?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    They are willing to risk everything because they have nothing at home except corruption and death , it’s easy to sit here on our computers stating everything is fine as long as you come here through the front door that’s been shut in their faces ! These are desperate people who have nothing left to loose except their lives ..
    Not one of you know what it feels like to be that desperate where you have to leave the place you love ! So don’t talk like you know what these folks feel ..
    no one is claiming they know what these people are going through, jose. but you can't just let anyone come in as they please. that would cause utter chaos. unfortunately there isn't a perfect solution. and at best this current admin is fucking it up every step of the way.  
    But I’m not saying to let them all in as they please ! The posters above said they should use the front door I just posted that the front door has been slammed shut am I wrong ?
    I was commenting on your previous post. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    mcgruff10 said:
    So Jose since you yourself came here illegally many years ago and understand what these people are going through in your opinion what should the United States do about illegal immigration?
    Yes I was brought here by my parents at the tender age of 10 I’m now 59 , the problem is with the countries that these folks are escaping from , we should be able to guide them on some level as to how to fix their current situations not monetary and here we should be able to get more judges and processing centers to accommodate the influx of such large numbers at the borders or how about give these immigrants incentives? You wanna live here here’s what you need to do etc etc , I’m probably not smart enough to figure it all out ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Jason P said:
    Seattle could use some more authentic Mexican restaurants to counterbalance all the Thai and teriyaki joints
    There is a much larger asian population than hispanic population.... good luck finding a soul food joint lol
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes I was brought here by my parents at the tender age of 10 I’m now 59 , the problem is with the countries that these folks are escaping from , we should be able to guide them on some level as to how to fix their current situations not monetary and here we should be able to get more judges and processing centers to accommodate the influx of such large numbers at the borders or how about give these immigrants incentives? You wanna live here here’s what you need to do etc etc , I’m probably not smart enough to figure it all out ..
    I have no problem with any of that. Jose for Congress!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Jason P said:
    Seattle could use some more authentic Mexican restaurants to counterbalance all the Thai and teriyaki joints
    There is a much larger asian population than hispanic population.... good luck finding a soul food joint lol
    lol and here in NY the immigrants are the ones making the pizza go figure ..
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    Jason P said:
    lol and here in NY the immigrants are the ones making the pizza go figure ..
    No doubt, immigrants are the backbone of the restaurant industry for the entire country
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    PJPOWER said:
    riotgrl said:
    PJPOWER said:
    riotgrl said:
    PJPOWER said:
    riotgrl said:
    PJPOWER said:
    riotgrl said:
    PJPOWER said:
    riotgrl said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Havent read this thread but giving the illegals to sanctuary cities is a genius idea.  Border towns are shitholes, spread the gift to all the places that have been begging for them.  
    Why wouldn’t they want to all be sent to sanctuary cities?  They seem more accommodating...then we can build a wall around the sanctuary cities, lol
    Does that mean that all the sanctuary cities can retain all the tax revenue generated in their cities?  I know that here in Louisville, KY we'd love to keep our money for our local citizens rather than sending it out to the rest of the state that drains all our tax dollars all the while bitching about what happens here.
    Yes, as long as it means you use no state or federal tax dollars in your city :)
    Deal.  Louisville alone generates about 70% of all revenue for the ENTIRE state so I'd say the rest of the state is screwed.  You're ok with that, right?

I’m more than fine with that, but then again, I really don’t give a shit about KY, lol. KY does produce some good bourbon and fried chicken, though...and lube...or is that a different “KY”?
    Maybe we should apply this to every sanctuary city and their corresponding state.  My comment may be about KY but you can apply similar logic to all the other sanctuary cities throughout the US and the corresponding revenue that would be generated.  I'm more than happy to host migrants here and I'll give up the citizens of the rest of my state and they can be taken care of by others just like them.  But then again, its generally the 'libtard' cities that are taking care of the rest of 'real' America.
    Wow, such a libertarian you are.  Trying to wrap my head around this.  You are saying that you are cool with everyone fending for themselves except for those that are in your state and other states illegally?  Does that about sum it up?  And everyone seems cool with sanctuary cities carrying the burden, so what are you even complaining about?
    I’m thinking a majority of your cities taxes would be gobbled up with free housing and other costs related to the major influx of a homeless population, though...

In reality?  No, I would never advocate for not taking care of anyone but I get beyond frustrated with people stating that they won't take care of others then waving their flag of morality around as if they are somehow better than these immigrants, legal or otherwise.  I've long wondered where people's compassion and humanity have disappeared.  I live in a solidly red state that continually vilifies those of us living in cities and advocating for those less fortunate, whether that is immigrants or the people of Appalachia or LGBTQ.  It often feels as if people are continually blaming others rather than seeking a real solution.  When I read your comment it seemed cavalier and one-sided.  What I really want is not the same as the immense frustration that I feel about what has been happening in this country for a very long time now.  It would be nice to see some level of compromise from everyone.  I am a liberal surrounded by conservatives so I've had numerous conversations with real-life conservatives and at the end of the day not one conversation has ended in any sort of compromise from conservatives because they seem to believe they hold the high ground on almost every issue.  These conversations have ranged from the most studied historians to ones who know very little about American history.  I'm frustrated hearing that and then seeing those ideas perpetuated here.  Doesn't mean any of these people, including you, aren't good people but it seems that over the course of the last 30 years that compromise seems to be viewed as weakness.
    How is allowing illegal immigrants to reside only in sanctuary cities not a compromise?  No compromise=“build the wall” and let no one illegally immigrate.

Explain the logistics of this compromise.  Will they be processed through facilities at the border?  Moved at whose expense, the sanctuary cities?  But, as stated previously, these cities are also responsible for sending many of their tax dollars to the state level and not allowed to keep their dollars at home which could benefit immigrants, the homeless, AND other citizens.   The reality is that many of these people are asking for asylum and I think we agree that not all would qualify to enter the US but many of them would.  And what about the responsibility of the US in Latin America?  The US has never had a problem intervening in Latin America when it suited its purposes and has never shied away from supporting questionable leaders as long as they were supportive of the US.  Real compromise then starts to look at changing our immigration laws to better fit our needs.  But I dare say we'd disagree there as well then we're back to a circular conversation.  No one wants to address the realities of compromise.  Immigrants need to be vetted at the borders THEN moved to sanctuary cities.  But that means more money for border detention facilities and more border agents not more money for some silly wall that will never keep anyone out.  At the end of the day, many conservatives that I've had conversations with seem more worried about keeping out immigrants even though it has been well documented that they often make far greater positive contributions than they do negative ones.  Why are so many afraid of allowing immigrants into the US?  Despite Trump's nonsense arguments about being full we really aren't.  What about the part of the Constitution that proclaims the common good?  When did we forget that part?
    There it is again.  No one that I’ve seen “fears allowing immigrants into the US”.  Any conservative I have ever talked to is okay with legal immigration where they are vetted and given an ID.  If they were processed appropriately at the border, there would be no “need” for sanctuary cities as they would just be normal legal citizens at that point.  The concern with sanctuary cities is that they invite and encourage illegal immigration.  And you are right to ask “at the expense of who?”.  Of course the methods for vetting these thousand of asylum seekers needing to be vetted, but how are you going to do that with open borders (which is essentially what it is now).
    And yet, they know next to nothing about how our immigration system works.  We place value on family reunification then highly skilled workers.  Very few spots are open for the people most in need of coming here.  And there we go again with open borders which is complete garbage.  No liberal has ever said that and yet every conservative keeps throwing it out there.  Comprehensive immigration reform is necessary and probably our best chance of compromise but all we are getting is a discussion about a wall.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I have no problem with any of that. Jose for Congress!!
    lol I’m a clown but thanks for listening..
  • Options
    I was commenting on your previous post. 
    Correct I should of stated that !
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    mace1229 said:
    I don't get the argument about sanctuary cities noythaving to share taxes with state and federal government.
    If there is a complaint about sharing tax dollars that the illegals would bring in, then first the sanctuary cities need to stop accepting state and federal tax. But then don't expect free schools. Schools get about $10,000 per student from taxes. You think an illegal student brings in more than that $10,000 in taxes? I imagine sanctuary cities would still benefit greatly for sharing their tax revenue in exchange for school funding. Many of these schools, particulary in areas like South-Central LA, are made up of mostly illegal residents, there wouldn't even be a school if it wasn't state and federally funded, but just locally funded instead. 
    A district with 100 illegal students gets a million $ from government. Many districts have far more than that, and literally receive tens of millions in state and federal funding.
    Its estimated that 65,000 undocumented students graduate high school every year. That doesn't account for the other 12 grades or those who dropped out, but 65,000 who graduate (26,000 in California alone) (https://irle.ucla.edu/old/publications/documents/Undocumented-Students.pdf). Its a massive strain on education to fund this. Also the main reason I don't understand why so many don't recognize the financial cost everyone, including immigrants, is. 
    Without state and federal funding (taxes), where is that $10,000 per student to fund education going to come from? Does an undocumented family living in a sanctuary city with 3 school-aged kids really bring in $30,000/year in taxes?

I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to be educated, I'm just saying lets at least recognize the cost and the fact that our system is already underfunded.
    mace1229 said:
    I don't get the argument about sanctuary cities noythaving to share taxes with state and federal government.
    If there is a complaint about sharing tax dollars that the illegals would bring in, then first the sanctuary cities need to stop accepting state and federal tax. But then don't expect free schools. Schools get about $10,000 per student from taxes. You think an illegal student brings in more than that $10,000 in taxes? I imagine sanctuary cities would still benefit greatly for sharing their tax revenue in exchange for school funding. Many of these schools, particulary in areas like South-Central LA, are made up of mostly illegal residents, there wouldn't even be a school if it wasn't state and federally funded, but just locally funded instead. 
    A district with 100 illegal students gets a million $ from government. Many districts have far more than that, and literally receive tens of millions in state and federal funding.
    Its estimated that 65,000 undocumented students graduate high school every year. That doesn't account for the other 12 grades or those who dropped out, but 65,000 who graduate (26,000 in California alone) (https://irle.ucla.edu/old/publications/documents/Undocumented-Students.pdf). Its a massive strain on education to fund this. Also the main reason I don't understand why so many don't recognize the financial cost everyone, including immigrants, is. 
    Without state and federal funding (taxes), where is that $10,000 per student to fund education going to come from? Does an undocumented family living in a sanctuary city with 3 school-aged kids really bring in $30,000/year in taxes?

I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to be educated, I'm just saying lets at least recognize the cost and the fact that our system is already underfunded.
    Except I never said they shouldn't share their tax dollars.  Rather I was using the sharing of tax dollars to make the point that most cities are the revenue generators within a state.  And the states then complain about where those dollars go yet they provide very little of the revenue in the state, as compared to the cities.  My point was that maybe the areas generating the largest tax dollars should direct where that money goes.  Now, reality for me, would say share and take care of everyone but my level of frustration is at an all-time high because people say they're willing to compromise but when they throw out a suggestion, they continue to argue about how they offered a compromise but the other side isn't willing to accept it.  Trump does that on a regular basis when in reality his compromise is 'my way or the highway'.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I stand by my comment.  Use the the proper entrances into a country, if not and when caught the illegals should be banned for life with no opportunity to re-apply to enter.  And if folks are risking their families to enter illegally, then that’s the risk they will need to learn to live.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/aclu/status/1118331619268616192?s=21
    Hey look the front door just got slammed shut ! So take your front door argument somewhere else ! 
    Meltdown you mean this front door ? 
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/farai/status/1119192964981579782?s=21
    Hey guys this is the Baffoon’s new immigration force making sure those Mexicans get accosted !
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
      A member of an armed group detaining migrants at the border has been arrested by the FBI
      https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/20/us/border-militia-arrests/index.html
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
      A member of an armed group detaining migrants at the border has been arrested by the FBI
      https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/20/us/border-militia-arrests/index.html
    What a bunch of nutters.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,600
    So why wouldn't you want more here? Seems they do okay and are3n't all drug dealers and murderers? Build the wall, shut them out. WTF? From the White House Daily Email by the way.

Boom: Hispanics Lead Housing, Income Surge, Poverty at Record Low

“Latinos are finding their economic legs under the Trump administration, leading the surge in home ownership and income growth and record low poverty rates, according to two comprehensive new surveys,” Paul Bedard reports in the Washington Examiner.

Hispanics “have seen their third consecutive year of income growth and have a higher workplace participation rate . . . Within the next five years, Hispanic median income will triple,” according to the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    So why wouldn't you want more here? Seems they do okay and are3n't all drug dealers and murderers? Build the wall, shut them out. WTF? From the White House Daily Email by the way.

Boom: Hispanics Lead Housing, Income Surge, Poverty at Record Low

“Latinos are finding their economic legs under the Trump administration, leading the surge in home ownership and income growth and record low poverty rates, according to two comprehensive new surveys,” Paul Bedard reports in the Washington Examiner.

Hispanics “have seen their third consecutive year of income growth and have a higher workplace participation rate . . . Within the next five years, Hispanic median income will triple,” according to the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals.

Nah they are animals rapist and they just wanna suck on the government tit , no ?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Lara Trump: Merkel admitting migrants 'one of the worst things that ever happened to Germany'

Riigghhhhtt. Aiding refugees is right up there with that little Hitler/Nazi problem they had. Definitely one of the worst. lol.
    Who is Lara Trump? I mean, other than marrying into an organized crime family, what are her credentials?

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

Lara Trump: Merkel admitting migrants 'one of the worst things that ever happened to Germany'

Riigghhhhtt. Aiding refugees is right up there with that little Hitler/Nazi problem they had. Definitely one of the worst. lol.
    Who is Lara Trump? I mean, other than marrying into an organized crime family, what are her credentials?

Jeesh...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    This should result in an interesting tweetstorm.....

• Options
    It must be guilt money the pope is coughing up...I do not care how much these evil bastards donate.   The cartels also give money to poor people in Mexico...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    jeffbr said:

She's tall and blonde, those are all the credentials you need for a valid opinion on FOX News it seems.

What an ignorant thing to say (obviously her not you).
  • Options

• Options

Saw this too lol ain’t no stinking wall gonna keep me from crossing..
  • Options
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hamedaleaziz/unaccompanied-immigrant-boy-dies-us-custody
    Another kid dies in American custody, maybe start a tally ..yet we have a president that would call this kid an animal..

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hamedaleaziz/unaccompanied-immigrant-boy-dies-us-custody
    Another kid dies in American custody, maybe start a tally ..yet we have a president that would call this kid an animal..

Would it have been more humane to let him wander in the streets and die there instead instead of trying to administer medical attention and save him?
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Would it have been more humane to let him wander in the streets and die there instead instead of trying to administer medical attention and save him?
    I think it would of been more humane if he could of been processed and been in a proper facility or maybe just maybe in someone’s care that actually cared for the kid ..

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Jason P said:

I think it would of been more humane if he could of been processed and been in a proper facility or maybe just maybe in someone’s care that actually cared for the kid ..

The article said he was in a children's hospital.