Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    Wobbie said:
    I fucking hate the runner on second to start the 10th. :angry:

maybe in the 12th, but not the 10th.
    I hate it too but if they insist on doing the runner on base thing to make it easier for the offense to score, why not put the runner on the 1st? At least the defense can get the runner out with a double play ball. 
    You oughtta be the Commissioner.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

I hate it too but if they insist on doing the runner on base thing to make it easier for the offense to score, why not put the runner on the 1st? At least the defense can get the runner out with a double play ball. 
    Manfred has really lowered the bar
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

Manfred has really lowered the bar
    lower than Bud? not easy to do.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    poo holes back to the cards.

FWIW - NO ONE has had a higher OBP since bonds’ last year but no one would even give him the minimum. meanwhile, poo holes can compile a little more.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Wobbie said:
    poo holes back to the cards.

FWIW - NO ONE has had a higher OBP since bonds’ last year but no one would even give him the minimum. meanwhile, poo holes can compile a little more.
    His WAR has been abysmal.  He hit 40HR one year and only had a 3WAR.  If he hits and doesn't have to run, great.  If he is on 1st consider any grounder an easy DP.  Need him to score from 1st on a hit?  As long as it goes over the fence, sure.

Pujols has been a shell of himself since coming to the Halos.  But I am glad he gets to go home in a Cards Uniform and maybe get that 700th HR. 
  • Options
    Oh good, the fucking dodgers picked up another guy I’ve always hated.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I thought it was an April Fools prank but DeGrom has tightness in his shoulder.

That dude is friggin amazing when he is healthy.  Sucks he has been in and out of the DL.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I thought it was an April Fools prank but DeGrom has tightness in his shoulder.

That dude is friggin amazing when he is healthy.  Sucks he has been in and out of the DL.
    Just read that. Not good.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    No 100 win teams and Halos look shitty again.

Mazeltov!
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Yay! Opening Day. Yippee! Listening to baseball is great background noise while I work. I bought the MLB audio subscription and I was listening to a few spring training games over the past week or so. It was awesome! I love baseball season! It's my knitting time. I knit December holiday gifts while I listen to baseball. Best six months of the year. Hurray!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,506
    What a great year to be an Oakland A's fan. They are going into a knife fight with a dull popsicle stick. Should be fun.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited April 2022
    Reds are undefeated and in 1st place in MLB standings!!! Home field throughout playoffs is looking great.

:lol:

Gonna be a long season, I suspect.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    What a great year to be an Oakland A's fan. They are going into a knife fight with a dull popsicle stick. Should be fun.
    NoMoneyBall
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    NoMoneyBall
    Ha! My Aunt goes to a bunch of games every year. I am going to share that with her, maybe she can have a shirt made to wear to the games. They have been doing versions of this for so long that I should be used to it, but this year seems really extreme. For a team that supposedly wants to stay in Oakland, this seems a lot like Major League to me. If their Howard Terminal stadium deal falls apart, they will no longer be "rooted in Oakland" and will be moving to whatever city throws them the biggest check.  
  • Options
    So excited that baseball is back. Yesterday was a good day for a lot of reasons, but Opening Day made it even better.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    mfc2006 said:
    So excited that baseball is back. Yesterday was a good day for a lot of reasons, but Opening Day made it even better.
    Damn skippy! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Lol, Garrit Cole is getting mauled
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Poncier said:
    NoMoneyBall
    Ha! My Aunt goes to a bunch of games every year. I am going to share that with her, maybe she can have a shirt made to wear to the games. They have been doing versions of this for so long that I should be used to it, but this year seems really extreme. For a team that supposedly wants to stay in Oakland, this seems a lot like Major League to me. If their Howard Terminal stadium deal falls apart, they will no longer be "rooted in Oakland" and will be moving to whatever city throws them the biggest check.  
    Lots of folks think they'll eventually follow the Raiders to Vegas, AKA the Oakland of the desert.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    NoMoneyBall
    Lots of folks think they'll eventually follow the Raiders to Vegas, AKA the Oakland of the desert.
    I have heard those rumors too. I hope they can figure out the Howard Terminal site, but they need to get through a vote in June by some port authority oversite group first. They should have been able to move to San Jose years ago when they had the site picked out and had a agreement with the city. MLB should have released the Giants territorial claim to San Jose after they chose to stay in San Francisco. 
  • Options
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    He’s not worth over either of them.  He is good though .
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    He’s not worth over either of them.  He is good though .
    I agree---not sure what he's looking for if he's turning those down.

I felt the same way about Correa. Did I want him to stay? Yes. Did I want the Astros to sell the farm in order to keep him? No. (Springer leaving stung quite a bit more for me)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Hahaha.  What a douche.  Bat flip is OK when you do the job.
    When you don't, you look like a total asshat.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    I know it's not MLB but thought I'd Posy here:

Sasaki dominated Orix hitters using a wide array of pitches, including a fastball routinely topping 100 mph, a devastating splitter, and his signature forkball. He needed just 105 pitches to complete the masterpiece, which also included a run of 13 consecutive strikeouts.

• Options
    Good series by Jeremy Pena. Hoping that he can keep it rolling.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com