Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    A's jerseys look great.  They doing retro colors?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    I want Oakland because they have the best chance of beating Houston, but god these fans are brutal. Stop acting like you show up to 81 other games 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    I want Oakland because they have the best chance of beating Houston, but god these fans are brutal. Stop acting like you show up to 81 other games 

I hear ya, but they probably go to more games than TB’s fans. Then again, who would want to go to the trop?

loving the fact that marlins man is relegated to the third row :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    praise the lord! it looks like this is the only postseason game that espn got.

I hope. :prayer:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I think Braun's crowning achievement was getting a drug tester shitcanned.  This is a person who decided to make a living by collecting stranger's piss in hopes of getting them fired. 

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,380
    So pumped for the series to start tomorrow. Bummed that I’ll miss game 1, but I’ll be able to catch a bit here & there at work. Let’s go Astros!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Wobbie said:
    praise the lord! it looks like this is the only postseason game that espn got.

I hope. :prayer:

Thankfully they had an alternate broadcast on ESPN2 with different announcers.  That announce team on ESPN is a tough listen....
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Jason P said:
    I think Braun's crowning achievement was getting a drug tester shitcanned.  This is a person who decided to make a living by collecting stranger's piss in hopes of getting them fired. 

At best, a distant second to him showing what a massive douche bag/ass clown Aaron Rodgers is.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Wobbie said:
    Thank god I don't have to look at Counsell's sunken in face or Braun's stupid bug-eyed head anymore this year.

I love your brewer hatred. it’s (almost) as intense as my hatred for the motherfucking, cocksucking dodgers.
    The Cubs biggest rival is the Cardinals, so you'd think I'd hate them more, or maybe even the White Sox.  I have respect for the Cards organization.  Sox don't bother me because I didn't grow up in Chicago.  I'll still talk shit about both, and I dislike them, but I don't loathe them like I do the Beershits.  Ugly ass uniforms.  An ugly ass cheater who gets away with cheating & making innocent people lose their jobs. Fans that love to run their mouths about "108 years" or "108 more years" when they've never won shit and weren't even alive for their only WS appearance.  The Brewers/Beershits can straight up fuck off.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Fuck Braun and fuck him for getting someone fired because HE FUCKING CHEATED.  I would not be heartbroken if he took a fastball between the eyes and joined the Ray Chapman club. I'd call him a piece of shit, but that's an insult to turds.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Fuck Braun and fuck him for getting someone fired because HE FUCKING CHEATED.  I would not be heartbroken if he took a fastball between the eyes and joined the Ray Chapman club. I'd call him a piece of shit, but that's an insult to turds.
    A little harsh bruh.

Go Dodgers, Go Stros and Yanks.

In the WS go Dodgers.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    Jason P said:

A little harsh bruh.

In the WS go Dodgers.
    like most of the rest of the free world ill say anyone but the Yankees
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:

A little harsh bruh.

In the WS go Dodgers.
    like most of the rest of the free world ill say anyone but the Yankees
    HA!  If the Stros are still Bros then it'll be LA and Houston.

LA has got to do this.
  • Options
    Go Braves, Nats, Rays, & Twins! Don't care what happens after that.  Nats & Rays would be cool, someone would get to win their first WS. I picked Nats & Astros, with Astros winning. Verlander/Alvarez Co-MVPs.
  • Options
    Go Braves, Nats, Rays, & Twins! Don't care what happens after that.  Nats & Rays would be cool, someone would get to win their first WS. I picked Nats & Astros, with Astros winning. Verlander/Alvarez Co-MVPs.
    Nats and Rays would be watched by very few.

I'd love to watch it though.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Nats and Rays would be watched by very few.

I'd love to watch it though.
    Same. It's a Catch-22.  No one wants to watch the Red Sox, Yankees, & Dodgers every year.* But when you catch a break with some less popular teams, no one watches because they aren't familiar.
    *EDIT: Except those fans, of course
  • Options
    Players I want to see play...

Juan Soto
    AJ Puk, I'll have to wait for next year now...
    Victor Robles
    Gleyber Torres
    Gavin Lux
    Cody Bellinger
    Corey Seager
    Kershaw
    Scherzer
    Strausberg
    Fernando Rodney, yes I like him, lol.
    Andrew Miller and see if he still has some magic.
    Everyone's favorite Molina
    Altuve
    Albies
    Acuna Jr
    Bregman
    Freeman
    Swanson
    Buehler
    Meadows
    Glasnow
    Verlander
    And that kid Alvarez

Play em and I'll watch.  Gavin Lux is the one I'm curious the most about though.

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,317
    Heard this on the Michael Kay Show. The 8 remaining teams in the playoffs have an average of 13 people in their analytics team. The rest of the mlb teams not in, have an average of 6.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Players I want to see play...

Juan Soto
    AJ Puk, I'll have to wait for next year now...
    Victor Robles
    Gleyber Torres
    Gavin Lux
    Cody Bellinger
    Corey Seager
    Kershaw
    Scherzer
    Strausberg
    Fernando Rodney, yes I like him, lol.
    Andrew Miller and see if he still has some magic.
    Altuve
    Albies
    Acuna Jr
    Bregman
    Freeman
    Swanson
    Buehler
    Meadows
    Glasnow
    Verlander
    And that kid Alvarez

Play em and I'll watch.  Gavin Lux is the one I'm curious the most about though.

Keep an eye on Flaherty and Dejong too. 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:

A little harsh bruh.

In the WS go Dodgers.
    like most of the rest of the free world ill say anyone but the Yankees d**gers.
    fixed.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Jason P said:

A little harsh bruh.

In the WS go Dodgers.
    like most of the rest of the free world ill say anyone but the Yankees d**gers.
    fixed.
    Yep
  • Options
    Players I want to see shit the bed...

Cody Bellinger
    Corey Seager
    Kershaw
    Buehler
    Gavin Lux 

fixed.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    edited October 2019
    Dick punch of a loss for Atlanta 
  • Options

Melancon! thank you ATL for taking that turd and his salary :triumph:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    edited October 2019
    I haven’t watch much Braves baseball this year so I have no idea what kind of relationship Acuna Jr has with his teammates, but they seemed more then willing to throw him under the bus for the loss for not hustling out a hit in the 7th. Seems like a very strange thing to do after a Game 1 loss ....

Even the Brewers were willing to give a rookie who directly lost them a game the benefit of simply making a mistake.  

• Options
    edited October 2019
    No doubt. Must be pretty strongly disliked in the locker room and their reasoning was  pretty dumb since Acuna was the reason it was a one run game in the first place. Should’ve thrown Melancon under then bus for giving up 4 runs and Snitker for letting the game get out of reach.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Players I want to see shit the bed...

Cody Bellinger
    Corey Seager
    Kershaw
    Buehler
    Gavin Lux 

fixed.
    Everyone's favorite Molina is a Cardinal though, not a Dodger?
  • Options
    Howie Kendrick did a FANTASTIC rendition of the Buckner WS play.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    Ugh. Sucks trading for a guy to shore up the bullpen just to have him fall apart in the playoffs. Got a hill to climb with potentially seeing Flaherty 2 times this series.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    Jason P said:
    I haven’t watch much Braves baseball this year so I have no idea what kind of relationship Acuna Jr has with his teammates, but they seemed more then willing to throw him under the bus for the loss for not hustling out a hit in the 7th. Seems like a very strange thing to do after a Game 1 loss ....

Even the Brewers were willing to give a rookie who directly lost them a game the benefit of simply making a mistake.  

Acuña has previously had questions about his lack of hustle. He was benched in a game earlier this year for doing the same thing. On the one hand, that's just kind of who Acuña is as a player. On the other hand, not running it probably cost the Braves a run, which is huge in the postseason.