MLB 2024 Spring Training

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    jimed14 wrote:
    Kendry Morales winner of the 2010 MLB Bill Gramatica award for most idiotic injury during a celebration.

Breaks leg after a walk off grand slam. :thumbdown:

Just came here to post about this. Wow. Just wow.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    norm wrote:

Not before SWB handed him his first loss of his professional career and Jesus Montero had the winning hit though. Seriously, I can't wait to see this kid pitch.
    Austin fucking Jackson
    That is the worst fucking missed call I have ever seen
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Austin fucking Jackson

DEF. TOP 10 BEST CATCHES OF THE YEAR
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I feel for the pitcher, but the missed call in the 85 world series was larger.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I feel for the pitcher, but the missed call in the 85 world series was larger.

I hear you. Spur of the moment comment. The Mauer call against the Yanks in last years playoffs was worse as well, that was fair by a foot and a half.
    Draft day!! WOOHOO

Nationals are getting themselves some pretty hyped players these past 2 years.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Draft day!! WOOHOO

I love this shit too. bryce harper seems like a major douchebag. as a phils fan I hate him already
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Draft day!! WOOHOO

I love this shit too. bryce harper seems like a major douchebag. as a phils fan I hate him already

Yeah, he seems like a prick but I could only imagine how much of a prick I would have been if I were 17 and the most hyped prospect in the country and on the cover of SI at 16.

Between Heyward, Strausburg and Harper the Phillies are going to have some pretty legit players in that division for a while.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Draft day!! WOOHOO

Yeah, he seems like a prick but I could only imagine how much of a prick I would have been if I were 17 and the most hyped prospect in the country and on the cover of SI at 16.

Between Heyward, Strausburg and Harper the Phillies are going to have some pretty legit players in that division for a while.

true about harper. analysts are projecting to hit 500+ hrs if he stays healthy. that's crazy.

NL east is loaded...stanton and hanson are monsters too. luckily the mets don't have any young beasts on the horizon (don't hear about fernando martinez much anymore)
    The Fixer wrote:
    true about harper. analysts are projecting to hit 500+ hrs if he stays healthy. that's crazy.

NL east is loaded...stanton and hanson are monsters too. luckily the mets don't have any young beasts on the horizon (don't hear about fernando martinez much anymore)

Yeah, man. Those 2 are the real deal. I think Stanton is skipping Triple A, you guys might see him this week.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, man. Those 2 are the real deal. I think Stanton is skipping Triple A, you guys might see him this week.

yep, he's making his debut in philly tomorrow night. lot of k's and lots of power.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Draft day!! WOOHOO

They'll be a powerhouse in a few years.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Draft day!! WOOHOO

easy there big fella. It takes a lot more than 2 players to build a powerhouse.

so disappointed with the phils jesse biddle pick tonight. bunch of higher rated prospects slide, and they go with the guy that will sign for slot. they've been good at finding tough signs to grab in later rounds and get them signed...I'd just like to see them bust slot in the early rounds for once.

Red Sox just grabbed Ranaudo...could be steal of the draft
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Draft day!! WOOHOO

easy there big fella. It takes a lot more than 2 players to build a powerhouse.

so disappointed with the phils jesse biddle pick tonight. bunch of higher rated prospects slide, and they go with the guy that will sign for slot. they've been good at finding tough signs to grab in later rounds and get them signed...I'd just like to see them bust slot in the early rounds for once.

Red Sox just grabbed Ranaudo...could be steal of the draft

I didn't see the Phillies pick.

Yanks just took a high school shortstop from Rochester. Passed on Callastanos, very suprised at that.

I have read bad things about Ranaudo, lots of injuries.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,043
    pretty interesting story about culver:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/art ... n-baseball

also I love seeing the old players from the 1980s and 1990s representing their teams.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    pretty interesting story about culver:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/art ... n-baseball

also I love seeing the old players from the 1980s and 1990s representing their teams.

Thanks a lot, man. This is great. I just looked up a few things on him. Still suprised, will be interested to hear what the Yankees have to say about him. Should be a strong draft with Towers on staff.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yanks just took a high school shortstop from Rochester. Passed on Callastanos, very suprised at that.

apparently the yanks pick was a major reach in the first round (from what I've been reading).

Ranaudo has been dealing with forearm tightness...which usually means elbow problems. He lost some velocity, but his last start was back up in the mid 90s. I guess that is risky in round 1, but most kids that have tommy john recover and sometimes end up throwing harder after surgery.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

apparently the yanks pick was a major reach in the first round (from what I've been reading).

Ranaudo has been dealing with forearm tightness...which usually means elbow problems. He lost some velocity, but his last start was back up in the mid 90s. I guess that is risky in round 1, but most kids that have tommy john recover and sometimes end up throwing harder after surgery.

Yeah, I read it was a stretch. Will be interested to see what the Yankees have to say.

I can't remember exactly what I read about him but I do know it was a concern. Yankees have a few guys that are big prospects who have had Tommy John, Brackman for one.
    This is just awesome. Nice work Deadspin.

http://deadspin.com/5555714/this-is-pet ... corked-bat
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol::lol: that comment from theodore was hilarious! ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol::lol: that comment from theodore was hilarious! ...

haha, yeah, that is pretty funny.

Will be curious to see how much this gets picked up.
    I also will be curious to see how long it takes ESPN to pick it up since they absolutely despise Deadspin.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

so glad that piece of shit never made it to the HOF. the epitome of white trash
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

so glad that piece of shit never made it to the HOF. the epitome of white trash

Again, we are in total agreement. This sure is not going to help his case.
    draft is being streamed live on mlb.com. good stuff.

Red Sox just took Workman. damn, they are cleaning up. I'm still pissed the phils passed on Allie
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Tonight the night. Strasberg's debut. Hope he doesn't end up like mark prior
    Tonight the night. Strasberg's debut. Hope he doesn't end up like mark prior

I'm tired of hearing about him, but he is a monster. ball explodes out of his hand