MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• JojoRice said:
    pjhawks said:
    Hate the Braves and the damn chop but happy for Freddie Freeman.  Great dude and player
    People are still making a deal out of the chop.  That will never go away.  Baseball needs to find a way to embrace it or come up w a new rallying cry because the people will always mimic and do it.
    I don't understand why all the hate for the chop.  I'm part Native American (Cherokee) and I love it.  
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Hate the Braves and the damn chop but happy for Freddie Freeman.  Great dude and player
    People are still making a deal out of the chop.  That will never go away.  Baseball needs to find a way to embrace it or come up w a new rallying cry because the people will always mimic and do it.
    they NEED to make it go away…it’s an embarrassment. Manfred says something like the “local tribes are OK with it.” guess what? there ARE NO “local tribes” in GA anymore…..the white man drove them all out.
    I don't have thin skin about a lot of things and this one is not even on my radar...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    they NEED to make it go away…it’s an embarrassment. Manfred says something like the “local tribes are OK with it.” guess what? there ARE NO “local tribes” in GA anymore…..the white man drove them all out.

Agree that it is going to go away at some point, at least from an official perspective, where the team engages the crowd to participate in some good old fashioned cultural appropriation --- people said the same thing about the Redskins and the Indians. 

Congrats to the baseball team, though, that is really impressive.  I did not think they had a shot and they showed they were the best club.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Big congrats to the Braves & their fans. They played an awesome series and simply played better baseball.

It definitely stings, but I'm really happy with how the Astros responded this year. I'm looking forward to watching them play down in Florida next February.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    mfc2006 said:
    Big congrats to the Braves & their fans. They played an awesome series and simply played better baseball.

It definitely stings, but I'm really happy with how the Astros responded this year. I'm looking forward to watching them play down in Florida next February.
    You're a classy fan! 

It was a great series.  Both teams will be in contention again next year.  
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    mfc2006 said:

You're a classy fan! 

Thanks---you can't win them all, right?

I think you're right---both teams will be in the thick of it again next year. I imagine that their rosters may look a little different, but there's nothing any of us can do about that.

I always hate the end of the baseball season. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Food for thopught.

Atlanta was not a 500% team until August.

Let that sink in...
  • Food for thopught.

Let that sink in...
    Dude, up until the last week of the season, I was holding out hope that the Phillies could overtake them and win the division.

I think Buck mentioned during the World Series that they were just the 3rd or 4th team to ever reach the World Series after being below .500 at the All-Star break. Hey, good for them. Better off starting slow and finishing strong than starting strong and tapering off. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Food for thopught.

Let that sink in...
    Dude, up until the last week of the season, I was holding out hope that the Phillies could overtake them and win the division.

I think Buck mentioned during the World Series that they were just the 3rd or 4th team to ever reach the World Series after being below .500 at the All-Star break. Hey, good for them. Better off starting slow and finishing strong than starting strong and tapering off. 
    I like it too but the overall favorites like the Blue Jays and Dodgers were chock full of young stars that everyone wanted to see.  Acuna being out I gave zero chance to AtL...

The end of the season was a wild one and I enjoyed that too.  So many teams still w a chance to make it w like 4 games left to play.
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Go Braves! Really happy that Freddie gets a ring. It may not be a "smart" move re-signing him to a big contract, but damn he deserves it. I hope he's an Atl lifer.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Pretty non-descript and forgettable world series though.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Go Braves! Really happy that Freddie gets a ring. It may not be a "smart" move re-signing him to a big contract, but damn he deserves it. I hope he's an Atl lifer.
    I think they'll get it done.  He's the "Chipper Jones" of this era of Braves baseball.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    JojoRice said:
    Been an Atlanta area resident my entire life.  The city of Atlanta/state of Georgia really needed this one.  We've had our hearts broken so many times previously.  

CHOP ON!!!!!
    Yep...enjoy it!  All the Braves heartbreak over the years, 28-3 and UGA in the national championship....finally something good happened for Atlanta!!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I find it amazing that all those years, teams, pitchers, Division titles/Pennants.... etc.  That they only won one in 1995 (only because they played a cursed team)... and now this team matches the past 31 years.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:

You're a classy fan! 

I think you're right---both teams will be in the thick of it again next year. I imagine that their rosters may look a little different, but there's nothing any of us can do about that.

I don't see the Brave repeating...it was just a magical season where the stars aligned.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:

You're a classy fan! 

I don't see the Brave repeating...it was just a magical season where the stars aligned.
    Not sure if they will or not, but they'll definitely be in the thick of it.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Wobbie said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:

You're a classy fan! 

mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:

You're a classy fan! 

Having a Healthy Acuna in the lineup helps a lot of things.
    Wobbie said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:

You're a classy fan! 

mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:

You're a classy fan! 

Having a Healthy Acuna in the lineup helps a lot of things.
    No doubt. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Question for mfc: I don’t dislike your astros, but bregman strikes me as a dick. am I wrong?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Atlanta area schools have cancelled classes on Friday for the Braves parade! One happy teacher right here!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Wobbie said:
    Question for mfc: I don’t dislike your astros, but bregman strikes me as a dick. am I wrong?
    You are not. They all are
    Wobbie said:
    and aroldis chapman is a sweetheart!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    JojoRice said:
    I think they'll get it done.  He's the "Chipper Jones" of this era of Braves baseball.  
    They should and I hope they do. You just never know with front offices valuing youth, team control, and not overpaying players.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    JojoRice said:
    Atlanta area schools have cancelled classes on Friday for the Braves parade! One happy teacher right here!
    In that case, come on Rockies!
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Posey retiring. Many say he's a HOF. But if Thurman's not in. I don't get why he's a lock?
    I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    He's better?
    Everything doesn't have to be about Yankees players.
    Posey is a dunk.  He will not have to wait too long.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    He's better?
    Has nothing to do about the Yankees. Munson was a great player who died before he could retire on his own. And their numbers are comparable 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    He's better?
    Has nothing to do about the Yankees. Munson was a great player who died before he could retire on his own. And their numbers are comparable 
    Munson’s numbers ARE similar. in Thurman’s time, you had to be an absolute stud to make the HOF. these days, you can be harold baines. :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:
    He's better?
    Munson’s numbers ARE similar. in Thurman’s time, you had to be an absolute stud to make the HOF. these days, you can be harold baines. :angry:
    Munsons numbers are better.

Posey is well liked and won a few chips so I get why he gets in.

Munson should be in.

Want to see interesting stats?  Look up Joe Dimaggio's career stats.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    MayDay10 said:
    Not for Braves fans lol 

Game 4 was incredible. 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    Wobbie said:
    He's not. He does a ton of charity work and is very approachable with fans. He chatted with my wife and I for 10-15 minutes at Spring Training and he certainly didn't have to do that.

Wobbie said:
    See my reply above. Sure, some athletes are straight-up assholes. He is definitely not one of them.

MayDay10 said:
    Not for Braves and Astros fans. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com