MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Well, regardless, there's a relationship there - and I'd say if Jeter reveres anyone it's Torre.
    I wish she would have been hired by the Halos...
    Like I said, same for the Phils. We're getting lapped in the NL East right now.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    So awesome that she was hired. 

Completely unrelated...
    I have a feeling that Springer is leaving Houston. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think Crane is going to put up the $ that he needs to. To be honest, this contract should have been done before Spring Training of this season. Ugh.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    He’s definitely leaving 
  • mfc2006 said:

Completely unrelated...
    I have a feeling that Springer is leaving Houston. I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think Crane is going to put up the $ that he needs to. To be honest, this contract should have been done before Spring Training of this season. Ugh.
    You don't need him.

Correa stays healthy and your team is golden.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    More trash can.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Theo will be an owner soon.  That's all he has left right?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Theo will be an owner soon.  That's all he has left right?

Cleveland?  Can he take a 3rd team that had not won in forever and win?
    (Tough to equate Indians to Sox and Cubs, but on the timeline w/o a championship that is the next team up...)

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Theo will be an owner soon.  That's all he has left right?

Cleveland?  Can he take a 3rd team that had not won in forever and win?
    (Tough to equate Indians to Sox and Cubs, but on the timeline w/o a championship that is the next team up...)

or a team that has NEVER won a WS ? Padres? Mariners? or he won't do a Small Market?

Will be interesting where he'll end up at ? 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I don't see why he goes to a small market team where the purse strings can be tightened instantly. He's won where he's been able to build a good system while being able to not worry about money.

C'moooon, Middleton, give him whatever he wants with the Phils - basically a stake in ownership and calling the shots on everything. It just makes too much sense.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    edited November 2020
    He likely already has a deal lined up somewhere I think, or at least a strong vision/path toward what he wants to do.

It would be awesome, but unlikely the Indians.  I cant see the Dolans shelling out huge money to Epstein.  Their drafting/development has also been really great over the years.  Likewise, I cant see Epstein jump at the chance to go to Cleveland with all sorts of budgetary restrictions.

I think both the Phillies and the Mets would be great fits both ways.  It just seems strange that he would leave the Cubs post for what is kind of a lateral move with a bit of heavy lifting in a few brutal sports media markets.

Maybe he wants a year or 2 off to assess things and see what opportunities arise?  Maybe he will play hardball and get ownership stake and a ton of $?  Or maybe waiting for expansion or another huge reclamation project that interests him.

Or he has something bigger in mind?  Like the administration of MLB or jump to another sport?
    edited November 2020
    I don't think he has much in mind honestly. He is a first ballot executive and baseball ops has run its course for the time being. I think he's going to take his time...probably make some money consulting, maybe write a book or something, then get back into whatever he wants to do next. Assuming he end up back in baseball, his title is going to start with a C though.

I disagree on the Mets.  He'd be reporting to Sandy.  Theo isn't going to be reporting to anyone but an owner or his partners next.

I'd be significantly more surprised if he's working in baseball next year over some shit like working with Ken Burns on some baseball documentary or something.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Nooooooooo, Robbie.
    shocking.  haha
    Yeah, that is unsurprising news.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Nooooooooo, Robbie.

i had to go to ESPN to see what you were talking about. LOL
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Nooooooooo, Robbie.

I’m sure he’s not the only one.....and he was willing to risk $24M by doing so.....just goes to show you...
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mfc2006 said:

Completely unrelated...
    You don't need him.

Correa stays healthy and your team is golden.
    They’ll still be good without him, but not the same. He’s also my favorite player on that team, but I’ll keep rooting for him if he moves on. Stand up guy and it was fun getting a chance to talk to him at ST this year.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    You gotta think that Seattle will be back in the west before long.  The angels might be better than mediocre any year now.  The Rangers have a few bluechip prospects as well.  The A's are just the A's and perpetually good.  

Window is still wide open for the Astros though with or without Springer (and Brantley?).  
  • MayDay10 said:
    You gotta think that Seattle will be back in the west before long.  The angels might be better than mediocre any year now.  The Rangers have a few bluechip prospects as well.  The A's are just the A's and perpetually good.  

Window is still wide open for the Astros though with or without Springer (and Brantley?).  
    The Halos have some awesome prospects in the pipes.  Help is coming to Trout soon!
  • So, Cano is out.  Yanks won't pay DJ so he's gone.   Mets picking him would seem like a novel idea and the most Mets thing that team could do.
    MayDay10 said:

seattle seems like a perennial disappointment.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    MayDay10 said:

seattle seems like a perennial disappointment.
    They have Jarred Kelenic and Julio Rodriguez in the pipes.  Bring them up to play w Seager and Lewis and you've got something cooking.

Don't sleep on them.
    if the motherfucking d**gers get arenado, I’m gonna lose it! :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    The Cleveland Indians will change their name tomorrow
    I miss igotid88
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Watch them pick Cleveland Redskins.

Actually Cleveland Steamers would be great.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Who gives a shit.  I do get why people are up in arms but I do not care...
    I'm an Indians fan and I'm fine with it. 

Without chief wahoo, their team branding is nonexistent.   The block c logo is awful.  Colors boring.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I hope it's "The Cleveland Baseball Team"
  • MayDay10 said:
    I'm an Indians fan and I'm fine with it. 

Without chief wahoo, their team branding is nonexistent.   The block c logo is awful.  Colors boring.
    Are there really that many people crying foul about the name?  It's not something I come across to be honest w you.