Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Reds bully wastes two absolutely outstanding starts from Sat and Sun.

I miss baseball....even being outrageously frustrated
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,312
    Verlander either out for 2 weeks or the whole season 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    igotid88 said:
    Verlander either out for 2 weeks or the whole season 
    Sounds like next season to me too 
  • Options
    He’s out 
  • Options
    So it’s the Tanaka injury for a guy who throws gas. Will be interesting. Don’t see it 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    Nick Senzel felt sick.  Hope he doesn't have Covid.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    This season is gonna last 4 more minutes 
    First set of series wrapping up, lets have all the teams begin travelling now...I give it to August 3rd.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    8 more players and two coaches on the Marlins, their home opener cancelled. Aaaaaaany minute now...
  • Options
    8 more players and two coaches on the Marlins, their home opener cancelled. Aaaaaaany minute now...
    Well this season was fun while it lasted.

Highlights for everyone?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Dammit the Reds should be undefeated and be able to log their first undefeated season, ever!
    Lol.

Yeah, this is not a good thing.  Hopefully everyone ends up ok.
    Expect the Reds to have similar deal this week with 3 people suspected of having it.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    edited July 2020
    8 more Marlins and two coaches test positive. 

This makes me think they're not going to get through the season, and there isn't going to be an NFL season. It's been only three games and half of an entire team is positive. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    For any of these leagues to get through successfully is wishful thinking. Hopefully they'll all have their shit together for the 2021 seasons.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    Why anyone thought this would work is beyond reason. We just keep trying to act like everything won't be impacted.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Cant have nice things USA.  
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Well that happened a lot sooner than I thought it would.  MLB will be lucky to make it to the end of the week....brutal.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Poncier said:
    This season is gonna last 4 more minutes 
    First set of series wrapping up, lets have all the teams begin travelling now...I give it to August 3rd.
    I may have been too optimistic.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248

This makes me think they're not going to get through the season, and there isn't going to be an NFL season. It's been only three games and half of an entire team is positive. 
    This is why my enthusiasm level was way low for baseball. Haven't even thought about football much at all.

NBA and golf. Just get used to watching a ton of that for the next few months.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2020

This is why my enthusiasm level was way low for baseball. Haven't even thought about football much at all.

Which is a bummer because I don't really care that much about NBA, and really only follow the PGA majors. 

I'm the commissioner of my fantasy football league and the other day, I asked the others if we should even bother with having  a season this year. They all thought I was crazy to ask. "OF COURSE WE SHOULD!" Great. So I have to make the divisions, edit the schedules, and coordinate a draft time, and it'll likely all be for nothing. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Soccer too!
  • Options

Which is a bummer because I don't really care that much about NBA, and really only follow the PGA majors. 

I'm the commissioner of my fantasy football league and the other day, I asked the others if we should even bother with having  a season this year. They all thought I was crazy to ask. "OF COURSE WE SHOULD!" Great. So I have to make the divisions, edit the schedules, and coordinate a draft time, and it'll likely all be for nothing. 
    Football's even more unlikely than baseball was
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I know. There's no chance it works. Between players, coaches, and trainers, a team has at least 100 people that need to travel with the team. Plus, if a player tests positive for Covid, he has to sit out 3 weeks. So if an NFL team gets a Marlins-like outbreak, they'll have to forfeit three games. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    hahahha...well that was fast.
  • Options

I know. There's no chance it works. Between players, coaches, and trainers, a team has at least 100 people that need to travel with the team. Plus, if a player tests positive for Covid, he has to sit out 3 weeks. So if an NFL team gets a Marlins-like outbreak, they'll have to forfeit three games. 
    But schools must reopen. Hahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    There will be no school, sports or any gatherings of the like....

except BLM protests of course. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    Forget baseball, let's get those schools open!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736

I'm commissioner of my league as well and we are still doing our draft.  Even though this season likely won't finish, draft day is one of my favorite days of the year....probably the only day of the year all 12 of us get together and drink all day like assholes.  It's a great day!

Sounds like MLB games are going on as scheduled tonight besides the 2 games already cancelled....
  • Options

I'm commissioner of my league as well and we are still doing our draft.  Even though this season likely won't finish, draft day is one of my favorite days of the year....probably the only day of the year all 12 of us get together and drink all day like assholes.  It's a great day!
    Yeah that's my feeling too. It's worth doing the draft even if the season falls apart.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Hurray! I finally subscribed to MLB audio, as I'm done with following local teams. Instead I'm listening to Yankees, Tigers and Cardinals. Also, I would like Seattle to win the World Series as they are the only team that hasn't won a World Series.

give her a break....she's a girl. :wink:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14