Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    This Indians team is amazing. Straight up dominating 3 straight very very good teams
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,463
    so, Kipnis is swinging a SAM (i.e. Bonds) bat? it was my understanding they haven't made those in years.....
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    surprised Verizon is still airing the bryce harper commercial.....

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Wobbie said:

surprised Verizon is still airing the bryce harper commercial.....

That commercial bugs me. That kid can't make eye contact. He's always looking off into space during his lines. Typical of kids these days.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    edited October 2016
    can someone explain to me why the Cleveland catcher throws the ball down to first on every 3rd out strikeout even if there is no dropped ball? it's kind of annoying.

and i'll probably get a bit of shit for this but I think the Cubs fans have been kind of lame. when your team is scuffling on offense make your presence felt and make more fucking noise. i know they are nervous and expecting bad things but at bats like Zobrist's in the 3rd tonight down 3-1 with 2 runs on you have to be on your feet going ape shit to rattle the pitcher a bit. they seemed to stand and cheer a lot more for their pitcher than for their hitters. make a difference Cubs fans. just my observation from tv although i don't think the tv captures the full feel of the stadium. i remember when the Phillies were in the playoffs it was much crazier in the ballpark than what showed on tv.

Cleveland is what now 10-2 in the playoffs? crazy how good they have been in every aspect. they don't make many mistakes.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    edited October 2016
    BLAH!
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    pjhawks said:

can someone explain to me why the Cleveland catcher throws the ball down to first on every 3rd out strikeout even if there is no dropped ball? it's kind of annoying.

and i'll probably get a bit of shit for this but I think the Cubs fans have been kind of lame. when your team is scuffling on offense make your presence felt and make more fucking noise. i know they are nervous and expecting bad things but at bats like Zobrist's in the 3rd tonight down 3-1 with 2 runs on you have to be on your feet going ape shit to rattle the pitcher a bit. they seemed to stand and cheer a lot more for their pitcher than for their hitters. make a difference Cubs fans. just my observation from tv although i don't think the tv captures the full feel of the stadium. i remember when the Phillies were in the playoffs it was much crazier in the ballpark than what showed on tv.

Cleveland is what now 10-2 in the playoffs? crazy how good they have been in every aspect. they don't make many mistakes.

I've watched him all year and I still don't know why Perez does that. Maybe he just likes to get one more throw in, regardless if it's a drop. I agree it's unusual but considering how friggin' awesome he has been behind the plate, I'm not criticizing. Look at the way he 'frames' a pitch vs. Contreras. Wilson moves it like 4 inches, super obvious. Perez rotates his wrist so when he catches it, the glove moves towards the plate. The guy has super subtle skills. We just need a little more bat from him.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

just read an article on what you're saying. One big factor is how ticket prices have lead to a more (for lack of a better word) corporate crowd.

plus, Cleveland shut everything down last night.....cubs had the lead for all of a half inning.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    edited October 2016

Tribe in 5

Not a chance. Who wants to place a wager or two?
    i will take that wager :wink::lol:

although i would rather see it go to a game 6. have the home team win is usually fun.
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Jose Canseco
    Jose Canseco – ‏@JoseCanseco

It's all about BALL COMPRESSION . Nobody is teaching ball compression ! Death of the dinger. Smh iconically.....
    1:24 AM - 29 Oct 2016
    25 RETWEETS43 LIKES
    "Let's all listen to the juicer who let a home run ball bounce off his head!" said no one ever.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    The inconsistency with balls/strikes during this entire series has been embarrassing for MLB. Bring on the robot umpires!
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    Removing Lester early last time didn't work.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    igotid88 said:

Removing Lester early last time didn't work.

Yeah, i don't get that move either. These are the games, and the reason why, you signed a pitcher like Lester.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Eddie on the mike singing Take me out to ball game. That said let's go INDIANS.

PEACE
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    edited October 2016
    Cubs win
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Alright alright alright
  • Options
    Welp. Looks like I can get a good nights sleep tonight
  • Options
    Fucking jinxed . I said at the beginning of the series that Cleveland owes a debt after the 3-1 comeback by the Cavaliers. We are going to have to pay that debt.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Joe West is the worst. Get your fat ass down behind the catcher. He's practically shoulder to shoulder with the lefties.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878

Tribe in 5

Not a chance. Who wants to place a wager or two?
    i will take that wager :wink::lol:

although i would rather see it go to a game 6. have the home team win is usually fun.
    then again what do i know

Nothing better than a game 7 finals.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited November 2016
    Game 7....how exciting and maddening for fans of these teams and baseball in general.

Go Tribe

Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Game 7....how exciting and maddening for fans of these teams and baseball in general.

Go Tribe

So glad it went to 7! Nothing is stopping this cubs train!
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    should be fun. as a neutral observer hope it's a close game. I think the Cubs have to get to Kluber to win as i'd expect Miller fairly early tonight.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    What a fun series this has been. Looking forward to tonight.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744

It has been great. I can't even imagine watching my team in game 7 of the world series....pretty sure I would have a panic attack.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

it's been so much fun to watch. hoping that my team makes it back there soon in the next few years
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    making baseball great again
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305

It has been great. I can't even imagine watching my team in game 7 of the world series....pretty sure I would have a panic attack.
    Having watched mine come so close then lose it all in game 6 (2011), I was a total wreck for game 7. Still painful to think about. I'm not sure the Rangers will make it to the WS again in my lifetime, lol.

But a series like this one--damn, I love baseball.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    So what do you guys think about using Chapman last night? I don't get it myself. The tying run was never close to coming to the plate so I would have kept Arrietta in for longer and try to bypass Chapman. The Cubs had already got to the second tier of the Tribe's pen, so it was likely they could tack on another run or two. 60 some pitches in the last two days could bite the Cubs

Naquin is out tonight, rightfully, with Davis coming in. This goes against the lineup used all year but the shakiness out in center was terrible. Ironically Naquin had been really solid in center all year, as his bat went cold starting in later August.