Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1218586556262506498?s=21

Few things. This is so fucking soft and weak. That fucking smugness is gone. He is shook. If he continues with this approach he’s gonna have a bruised body 
    Why does everyone think opposing pitchers are going to constantly bean these guys now?

That's not how it works...

Even in the comments people keep mentioning beaning.  I guess the mob gets a crazy idea and the rest run with it?
    Beacause clevenger already said he is. Why do you insist on playing devils advocate to troll? You can’t possibly believe this shit 
    Believe what?

I don't think that every pitcher is going to bean them.  One pitcher said it but there are comments in the Bregman video that have ZERO to do with what Clev said.

What do you think I believe?  No I'm not trolling I don't understand the question.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    DewieCox said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't know what to think about Altuve...fucking guy looks guilty as hell after that home run off chapman.
    Yeah he does. And how about his excuse for not wanting his shirt ripped off by his teammates? He's shy and doesn't want his shirt ripped off. Of course, this led to fans on Twitter finding dozens of public photos with his shirt off: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/01/houston-astros-cheating-buzzers-jose-altuve-shy-jersey-twitter

And for some more circumstantial evidence:

These guys are worst than the Black Sox, Pete Rose, any old-school "spit-ballers", and the PED guys combined. 
    I wouldn’t say worse than Black Sox or Pete Rose but definitely the others. Did the Black Sox basically get paid to lose? People tend to forget the level of shit baggery that Rose has been a part of since he was banned.
    But with the Black Sox, they cheated nobody but themselves and gamblers. As for Rose, if his claim that he only betted on games that he wasn't managing, that's bad, but not as bad as actually effecting results. I think the Astros cheating so egregiously in the WORLD SERIES is way worse than any of that, to me anyway. 
    I think the way Rose has tried to white wash what he did and his pedo tendencies are worse. Pretty sure he did bet on games he managed but supposedly only bet on his team. Just an all around piece of shit human being.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't know what to think about Altuve...fucking guy looks guilty as hell after that home run off chapman.
    Yeah he does. And how about his excuse for not wanting his shirt ripped off by his teammates? He's shy and doesn't want his shirt ripped off. Of course, this led to fans on Twitter finding dozens of public photos with his shirt off: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/01/houston-astros-cheating-buzzers-jose-altuve-shy-jersey-twitter

These guys are worst than the Black Sox, Pete Rose, any old-school "spit-ballers", and the PED guys combined. 
    I wouldn’t say worse than Black Sox or Pete Rose but definitely the others. Did the Black Sox basically get paid to lose? People tend to forget the level of shit baggery that Rose has been a part of since he was banned.
    But with the Black Sox, they cheated nobody but themselves and gamblers. As for Rose, if his claim that he only betted on games that he wasn't managing, that's bad, but not as bad as actually effecting results. I think the Astros cheating so egregiously in the WORLD SERIES is way worse than any of that, to me anyway. 
    I think the way Rose has tried to white wash what he did and his pedo tendencies are worse. Pretty sure he did bet on games he managed but supposedly only bet on his team. Just an all around piece of shit human being.
    I think so too. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Cardinal rule of Baseball is No betting on Baseball which the Sox and Rose both did.  People are always going to cheat or gain an advantage but what they did to me is not worse.

This is a fun debate though.
    It's a "cardinal rule of baseball" though because gambling was around for the entire existence of baseball. Something so unfair as actually knowing what pitch the pitcher is going to throw would be unfathomable for a baseball player or fan back in 1919 because there wasn't the technology. If you asked Cy Young, "Hey Cy, what do you think about the Black Sox scandal?", he'd probably be shocked and appalled. What a disgrace to baseball. But if you asked him what's worse, that or knowing what pitch the opposing pitcher is going to throw, which do you think he's going to choose? 
    The Cylcone himself isn't around to chat with so I don't know.
    You know the answer. Anyone who's ever played baseball knows the answer. 
    Yeah he's admitting defeat with that answer. He's in a tough spot. He appears to be an Astros fan and this whole thing has to be a mindfuck. Removed of any bias, I can't imagine how any baseball player or fan can't think this is a HUGE deal. In my opinion, it's the most unfair advantage I've ever seen anyone get over an opponent in the four sports I watch (NBA, NFL, MLB, PGA). Perpetuated by the team itself that is. Not counting bad or biased officiating, etc. But while we can sit here and preach to Tempo about how they're cheaters and their championship is tainted, imagine Juggler if this exact same thing happened to us. It's 2010, and a report comes out that Chase Utley had a buzzer under his jersey during the 2008 playoffs, Victorino banged on trashcans to inform Howard of breaking balls ("He would have missed them anyway!" ---The Fixer), Charlie Manuel wanted to stop it, but didn't. Who the hell knows how we would react?
    You guys don't read on here huh?  I'm a HALOS fan.  The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim... We have the best player in the world and can't do shit with him...

There is no buzzer.  That has not been proved.  Even if they do it doesn't matter to me because we already know that they cheated.  How they did it is irrelevant now.  They will have this shadow over them until they win without doing this which I see as achievable w the talent that they have.

yes it's a big deal but MLB made their bed already by NOT punishing the players, so be angry at the league more than the team.  When Steroids was going on I knew, hell we all knew.  If you didn't then you lived under a rock.  When writers felt like they were holier than thou and started to ostricize the players I thought that was weak because they all knew.

I am mad at the commissioner for taking such a weak stance.  I don't think players should be banned but they should be losing some playing time for sure as well as some fines.

I mentioned before that the MLB did some very good damage control on this.  It will be forgotten for the most part in a few years.

Also I mentioned that the reporters should dig deeper.  Find out just how far this went.  If they dig up more evidence I might be inclined to step away from the game for a year or two like I did after the 94 season.
    My bad. Just figured you were Astros fan based on defending them. I don’t read here much. In fact I think I kept my baseball talk confined to the Phillies thread until this Astros scandal. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,459
    I can't imagine how pissed I'd be if I was a Dodgers fan. 

fuck the dodgers :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mcgruff10 said:

That’s for damn sure. Thanks for the laugh! He was easily one of the best.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

That’s for damn sure. Thanks for the laugh! He was easily one of the best.
    Not one of, he was the best.

I took him for granted...
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    DewieCox said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Cardinal rule of Baseball is No betting on Baseball which the Sox and Rose both did.  People are always going to cheat or gain an advantage but what they did to me is not worse.

This is a fun debate though.
    It's a "cardinal rule of baseball" though because gambling was around for the entire existence of baseball. Something so unfair as actually knowing what pitch the pitcher is going to throw would be unfathomable for a baseball player or fan back in 1919 because there wasn't the technology. If you asked Cy Young, "Hey Cy, what do you think about the Black Sox scandal?", he'd probably be shocked and appalled. What a disgrace to baseball. But if you asked him what's worse, that or knowing what pitch the opposing pitcher is going to throw, which do you think he's going to choose? 
    The Cylcone himself isn't around to chat with so I don't know.
    You know the answer. Anyone who's ever played baseball knows the answer. 
    Yeah he's admitting defeat with that answer. He's in a tough spot. He appears to be an Astros fan and this whole thing has to be a mindfuck. Removed of any bias, I can't imagine how any baseball player or fan can't think this is a HUGE deal. In my opinion, it's the most unfair advantage I've ever seen anyone get over an opponent in the four sports I watch (NBA, NFL, MLB, PGA). Perpetuated by the team itself that is. Not counting bad or biased officiating, etc. But while we can sit here and preach to Tempo about how they're cheaters and their championship is tainted, imagine Juggler if this exact same thing happened to us. It's 2010, and a report comes out that Chase Utley had a buzzer under his jersey during the 2008 playoffs, Victorino banged on trashcans to inform Howard of breaking balls ("He would have missed them anyway!" ---The Fixer), Charlie Manuel wanted to stop it, but didn't. Who the hell knows how we would react?
    Haha....Howard and breaking balls from lefty relievers are the fist thing I thought of when the news of this came out.

I agree. When you have such a small amount of time to make a decision about whether to swing or not, knowing what pitch is coming is AN ENORMOUS advantage.Gotta be the biggest unfair advantage I can think of for all sports, yeah definitely. 

It would be like the defense hacking into the qb/offensive coordinator's headsets so they know which play is being called...every single play. Unreal advantage and the home and away numbers are quite telling. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    I am sure I won't be alone rooting like crazy for anyone playing the Astros next year.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I am sure I won't be alone rooting like crazy for anyone playing the Astros next year.  
    I am with you.  I also think Altuve is a big pos after seeing the video again. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    No proof but I find the whole shirt thing after the Homer to be damning.  F that guy.
    Also, I am in the camp of folks thinking this is much worse than Pete Rose.  
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,459
    some pitcher for the d**gers said he’d rather face a guy on steroids than a guy who knew what pitch was coming.

on a side note, pretty sure my giants haven’t known pitches in at least the last three years.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    Wobbie said:
    some pitcher for the d**gers said he’d rather face a guy on steroids than a guy who knew what pitch was coming.

on a side note, pretty sure my giants haven’t known pitches in at least the last three years.
    There's no doubt that knowing the pitch is an exponential advantage vs roids..
  • Options
    Ha.  Yeah, the Reds don't cheat, or they are awful at it if they do 
  • Options

Few things. This is so fucking soft and weak. That fucking smugness is gone. He is shook. If he continues with this approach he’s gonna have a bruised body 
    Why does everyone think opposing pitchers are going to constantly bean these guys now?

Even in the comments people keep mentioning beaning.  I guess the mob gets a crazy idea and the rest run with it?
    Beacause clevenger already said he is. Why do you insist on playing devils advocate to troll? You can’t possibly believe this shit 
    Believe what?

I don't think that every pitcher is going to bean them.  One pitcher said it but there are comments in the Bregman video that have ZERO to do with what Clev said.

What do you think I believe?  No I'm not trolling I don't understand the question.
    Still waiting @Cliffy6745
  • Options

Believe what?

Did Clev say that? I don't recall hearing that in the video.  I don't think pitchers will be head hunting,  but I think there Stros will be booed mercilessly, and you might get some reactions from pitchers after Ks
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Believe what?

Did Clev say that? I don't recall hearing that in the video.  I don't think pitchers will be head hunting,  but I think there Stros will be booed mercilessly, and you might get some reactions from pitchers after Ks
    Clevinger mentions it yes.  

The twitter trolls see one person say it then it becomes the only thing they have to go off of and makes it sound like EVERY pitcher will be throwing at these guys.

I think it's a case of the "telephone game" and just spreads and peoples opinions get mistaken for facts...I guess we will see come next year.

I also noticed that Bauer is getting a TON of press lately.  He will get a ban hammer on twitter soon if he hasn't already.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601

Believe what?

Got nothing man. Don’t care that much. You’re playing devils advocate on everything here for the sake of doing so it seems to me
  • Options
    I think the idea of pitchers being pissed and beaning these cheaters makes sense.  That stated, I think that being upset about the Astros being a bunch of cheaters should not mean that someone's career could be ended.  No head hunting.  Period.  I think if your problem with someone is so bad that you are willing to throw at their head you should just meet them in the tunnel before the game and duke it out.
  • Options
    will Jeter get 100% of the vote?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    He should... but probably won't.  I don't like him,  but he's the second greatest SS ever... behind Omar Vizquel obviously. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    He should... but probably won't.  I don't like him,  but he's the second greatest SS ever... behind Omar Vizquel obviously. 
    Jeter is my favorite player but he was not the best SS.  Rodriguez was a better SS than he was.

What he was great at was being in the right place with instinct, think of "the flip" and was a fantastic presence in the clubhouse and being a captain.

He was voted year after year to be the player to build a team around.

I would love to see him unanimously voted in but I don't think the writers do that.
  • Options

Believe what?

Got nothing man. Don’t care that much. You’re playing devils advocate on everything here for the sake of doing so it seems to me
    Not agreeing w you makes me devils advocate?

Got it!
  • Options
    Someone will vote against out of Yankee hate.  Dude clearly is one of the best ever to play SS.  Did everything well other than power...and really, he hit 260 bombs so he wasn't bad at that.  Could barrel it up when he wanted to.  His defense wasn't always great but his intangibles are among the best I ever saw. 
    As much of a shoe-in for the hall call as there ever will be.
  • Options
    Any chance for clemens or bonds?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Any chance for clemens or bonds?
    Wishful thinking.

I wonder if Alex Rodriguez or Palmiero ever see the inside of the hall?  They both got popped twice and to me that is a death bell but I would still vote them in.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Jeter doesn’t deserve to be unanimous outside of the fact that he’s a no brainer. If we’re reserving unanimous for guys that are even more special than a typical HoF, I just don’t think he has “it”. 
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    Jeter doesn’t deserve to be unanimous outside of the fact that he’s a no brainer. If we’re reserving unanimous for guys that are even more special than a typical HoF, I just don’t think he has “it”. 

Have you ever looked at his stats next to other great SSs?  Then you add in the magic bullshit the dude pulled so many times and being a captain on all time great teams, and never being beaten up in the press for anything other than having a magic cock?

I'm not a yanks guy but he is pretty special, even next to other HoF-ers. 
    Just my opinion.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,241
    They wouldn't even give Maddux or Griffey 100% so no way Jeter gets it. He'll be at like 98%. It's almost like there's a secret pact where they agree one of them will make sure they don't vote the no-brainer, best player at their position in a generation in at 100%.
    It's a hopeless situation...