MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options

A wrinkle in his jersey?

Burn him at the stake!

It's not a wire...
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    Now this is a cheating scandal. Holy shit. Every time I've checked twitter this week it seems something new has come out.

Jack McDowell trying to blow everything from the 80's up now??

People tossing grenades all over the place.

Time to fold MLB and make the NFL year round.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,191

A wrinkle in his jersey?

Burn him at the stake!

It's not a wire...
    Wait are Astro’s fans now officially becoming like patriots fans?

and I’m not sure what it is but it sure as shit looks to me like something is under that shirt
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    Jason P said:
    ^ He looks like a henchman that would be disposed of early in a 90's action film.  
    Yeah he does... but I love guy.  He has dynamite stuff and a workhorse.  He’ll throw 120 pitches without blinking,
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    Damn... Clev laid into them, and he was dead on.  He’s not talking about the integrity of the game, but really gets it from the struggling players view.  I officially love Clev more than I did 5 minutes ago.  And of course he’s getting a new tat...
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    mrussel1 said:
    Damn... Clev laid into them, and he was dead on.  He’s not talking about the integrity of the game, but really gets it from the struggling players view.  I officially love Clev more than I did 5 minutes ago.  And of course he’s getting a new tat...
    Yeah I was kind of wondering if he was actually getting a tattoo or if that was for show.   As someone with no tattoo experience, I would think that the rules of conduct that apply to getting a haircut also apply to getting a tattoo burned onto your forearm.  Yes?  No?  If I try to look at down at my watch during a haircut and I get yelled at. 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

A wrinkle in his jersey?

Burn him at the stake!

It's not a wire...

and I’m not sure what it is but it sure as shit looks to me like something is under that shirt
    I'm a Halos fan, thanks for playing!

A wrinkle in a persons jersey is just that.

Now lets just back up a second w  this pic.

If you look at the whole picture he is wearing an underarmour shirt.  If you are wearing that and you want to have a wire touching your skin are you
    A) wearing it outside of the underarmour shirt and may not feel the vibration or 
    B) Wearing this wire closer to your skin so you can feel it?

The correct answer is B.  So if it is underneath his underarmour shirt how does it make an impression to the outside of his jersey?

It doesn't.  Why?  Because it's just a wrinkle in the jersey...
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,191
    pjhawks said:

A wrinkle in his jersey?

Burn him at the stake!

It's not a wire...

If you look at the whole picture he is wearing an underarmour shirt.  If you are wearing that and you want to have a wire touching your skin are you
    A) wearing it outside of the underarmour shirt and may not feel the vibration or 

The correct answer is B.  So if it is underneath his underarmour shirt how does it make an impression to the outside of his jersey?

so you are buying the 'i'm shy' defense for not wanting to have his jersey ripped off by his teammates?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    I’m glad they cleaned house and got rid of AJ & Luhnow. I’m glad they signed George & hope they can sign him long term. This may be one of the toughest seasons to be an Astros fan, but I will stand by my team. That being said, I’m not an idiot and it’s clear that this investigation was warranted. I’m still looking forward to our first ST down in Florida. But yeah, it’s a terrible look and this off-season has been brutal. I’ve been a fan of this team since I was little & I will remain a fan. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

A wrinkle in his jersey?

Burn him at the stake!

It's not a wire...

so you are buying the 'i'm shy' defense for not wanting to have his jersey ripped off by his teammates?
    He may not have wanted his jersey ripped?  I don't know.  I'm not buying that the pic above is a wire for my reasons explained.
  • Options
    The twiitersphere is going crazy w pics and theories and players nieces supposedly dropping dimes now, cmon.  Stop it.

Let the reporters report and dig stuff up.  

I still can't believe a player outed the team like that.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412

A wrinkle in his jersey?

Burn him at the stake!

It's not a wire...
    Except it doesn’t really look the same as the rest of the wrinkling. 

Now I’ve heard 3 different excuses from him for  not wanting his jersey ripped, 1)jealous Latina wife 2)saving for daughter and 3) he’s shy

why’d he leave the field almost immediately? When there’s already a raging fire, and you see a little smoke nearby, it’s likely another fire. 

Wasn’t answered earlier, but why is Lunhow such a focus?
  • Options

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    The twiitersphere is going crazy w pics and theories and players nieces supposedly dropping dimes now, cmon.  Stop it.

Now you have a problem with a dude outing players for cheating?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    edited January 2020
    I don't know what to think about Altuve...fucking guy looks guilty as hell after that home run off chapman.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    edited January 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't know what to think about Altuve...fucking guy looks guilty as hell after that home run off chapman.
    Yeah he does. And how about his excuse for not wanting his shirt ripped off by his teammates? He's shy and doesn't want his shirt ripped off. Of course, this led to fans on Twitter finding dozens of public photos with his shirt off: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/01/houston-astros-cheating-buzzers-jose-altuve-shy-jersey-twitter

And for some more circumstantial evidence:

These guys are worst than the Black Sox, Pete Rose, any old-school "spit-ballers", and the PED guys combined. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

Now you have a problem with a dude outing players for cheating?
    Putting words in peoples mouths again?

That isn't what I said.  In meaning it looks like he may shoot himself in the foot if other players think he will blast out everything that happens on a team.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah he does. And how about his excuse for not wanting his shirt ripped off by his teammates? He's shy and doesn't want his shirt ripped off. Of course, this led to fans on Twitter finding dozens of public photos with his shirt off: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/01/houston-astros-cheating-buzzers-jose-altuve-shy-jersey-twitter

These guys are worst than the Black Sox, Pete Rose, any old-school "spit-ballers", and the PED guys combined. 
    wow.  that is crazy!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I wouldn’t say worse than Black Sox or Pete Rose but definitely the others. Did the Black Sox basically get paid to lose? People tend to forget the level of shit baggery that Rose has been a part of since he was banned.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I wouldn’t say worse than Black Sox or Pete Rose but definitely the others. Did the Black Sox basically get paid to lose? People tend to forget the level of shit baggery that Rose has been a part of since he was banned.
    But with the Black Sox, they cheated nobody but themselves and gamblers. As for Rose, if his claim that he only betted on games that he wasn't managing, that's bad, but not as bad as actually effecting results. I think the Astros cheating so egregiously in the WORLD SERIES is way worse than any of that, to me anyway. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    mcgruff10 said:

But with the Black Sox, they cheated nobody but themselves and gamblers. As for Rose, if his claim that he only betted on games that he wasn't managing, that's bad, but not as bad as actually effecting results. I think the Astros cheating so egregiously in the WORLD SERIES is way worse than any of that, to me anyway. 
    Cardinal rule of Baseball is No betting on Baseball which the Sox and Rose both did.  People are always going to cheat or gain an advantage but what they did to me is not worse.

This is a fun debate though.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    DewieCox said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Black Sox also cheated the fans of their team.

And it was proven Rose bet on his team on countless occasions. Now some would argue "at least he never bet against his team", but when he bets on his team 2 games in a row, then chooses not to bet on them on night 3, what do you think that signals to a bookie? Plus he also would over-manage and tax his bullpen in the games he bet on them thus hurting their chances the next day.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Cardinal rule of Baseball is No betting on Baseball which the Sox and Rose both did.  People are always going to cheat or gain an advantage but what they did to me is not worse.

It's a "cardinal rule of baseball" though because gambling was around for the entire existence of baseball. Something so unfair as actually knowing what pitch the pitcher is going to throw would be unfathomable for a baseball player or fan back in 1919 because there wasn't the technology. If you asked Cy Young, "Hey Cy, what do you think about the Black Sox scandal?", he'd probably be shocked and appalled. What a disgrace to baseball. But if you asked him what's worse, that or knowing what pitch the opposing pitcher is going to throw, which do you think he's going to choose? 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1218586556262506498?s=21

Few things. This is so fucking soft and weak. That fucking smugness is gone. He is shook. If he continues with this approach he’s gonna have a bruised body 
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    mcgruff10 said:

It's a "cardinal rule of baseball" though because gambling was around for the entire existence of baseball. Something so unfair as actually knowing what pitch the pitcher is going to throw would be unfathomable for a baseball player or fan back in 1919 because there wasn't the technology. If you asked Cy Young, "Hey Cy, what do you think about the Black Sox scandal?", he'd probably be shocked and appalled. What a disgrace to baseball. But if you asked him what's worse, that or knowing what pitch the opposing pitcher is going to throw, which do you think he's going to choose? 
    The Cylcone himself isn't around to chat with so I don't know.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    DewieCox said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You know the answer. Anyone who's ever played baseball knows the answer. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Few things. This is so fucking soft and weak. That fucking smugness is gone. He is shook. If he continues with this approach he’s gonna have a bruised body 
    Why does everyone think opposing pitchers are going to constantly bean these guys now?

That's not how it works...

Even in the comments people keep mentioning beaning.  I guess the mob gets a crazy idea and the rest run with it?
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    edited January 2020
    DewieCox said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Yeah he's admitting defeat with that answer. He's in a tough spot. He appears to be an Astros fan and this whole thing has to be a mindfuck. Removed of any bias, I can't imagine how any baseball player or fan can't think this is a HUGE deal. In my opinion, it's the most unfair advantage I've ever seen anyone get over an opponent in the four sports I watch (NBA, NFL, MLB, PGA). Perpetuated by the team itself that is. Not counting bad or biased officiating, etc. But while we can sit here and preach to Tempo about how they're cheaters and their championship is tainted, imagine Juggler if this exact same thing happened to us. It's 2010, and a report comes out that Chase Utley had a buzzer under his jersey during the 2008 playoffs, Victorino banged on trashcans to inform Howard of breaking balls ("He would have missed them anyway!" ---The Fixer), Charlie Manuel wanted to stop it, but didn't. Who the hell knows how we would react?
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

Why does everyone think opposing pitchers are going to constantly bean these guys now?

That's not how it works...

Even in the comments people keep mentioning beaning.  I guess the mob gets a crazy idea and the rest run with it?
    Beacause clevenger already said he is. Why do you insist on playing devils advocate to troll? You can’t possibly believe this shit 
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Yeah he's admitting defeat with that answer. He's in a tough spot. He appears to be an Astros fan and this whole thing has to be a mindfuck. Removed of any bias, I can't imagine how any baseball player or fan can't think this is a HUGE deal. In my opinion, it's the most unfair advantage I've ever seen anyone get over an opponent in the four sports I watch (NBA, NFL, MLB, PGA). Perpetuated by the team itself that is. Not counting bad or biased officiating, etc. But while we can sit here and preach to Tempo about how they're cheaters and their championship is tainted, imagine Juggler if this exact same thing happened to us. It's 2010, and a report comes out that Chase Utley had a buzzer under his jersey during the 2008 playoffs, Victorino banged on trashcans to inform Howard of breaking balls ("He would have missed them anyway!" ---The Fixer), Charlie Manuel wanted to stop it, but didn't. Who the hell knows how we would react?
    You guys don't read on here huh?  I'm a HALOS fan.  The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim... We have the best player in the world and can't do shit with him...

There is no buzzer.  That has not been proved.  Even if they do it doesn't matter to me because we already know that they cheated.  How they did it is irrelevant now.  They will have this shadow over them until they win without doing this which I see as achievable w the talent that they have.

yes it's a big deal but MLB made their bed already by NOT punishing the players, so be angry at the league more than the team.  When Steroids was going on I knew, hell we all knew.  If you didn't then you lived under a rock.  When writers felt like they were holier than thou and started to ostricize the players I thought that was weak because they all knew.

I am mad at the commissioner for taking such a weak stance.  I don't think players should be banned but they should be losing some playing time for sure as well as some fines.

I mentioned before that the MLB did some very good damage control on this.  It will be forgotten for the most part in a few years.

Also I mentioned that the reporters should dig deeper.  Find out just how far this went.  If they dig up more evidence I might be inclined to step away from the game for a year or two like I did after the 94 season.