Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Congrats Ted Simmons!!

Suck it Donnie!! LOL
    That sucks. Mattingly is a way better player than Simmons
    Nah, maybe a bit better but Simmons is among the handful of best at his position and Mattinglys never sniffed that conversation. I’m surprised he got in but always good to see the home team get one in.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Congrats Ted Simmons!!

Suck it Donnie!! LOL
    Nah, maybe a bit better but Simmons is among the handful of best at his position and Mattinglys never sniffed that conversation. I’m surprised he got in but always good to see the home team get one in.
    What do you mean never was in that conversation? The fact he stayed on the main ballot longer than Simmons( Sinmons was out after 1 year). And was a candidate these past couple of years. Shows he's still in that conversation.
    I miss igotid88
    I would've been fine with if Garvey or Murphy got in
    I miss igotid88
    Only Mattingly and Murphy are not in the Hall

I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 said:

Murphy should probably get in at some point. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Congrats Ted Simmons!!

Suck it Donnie!! LOL
    What do you mean never was in that conversation? The fact he stayed on the main ballot longer than Simmons( Sinmons was out after 1 year). And was a candidate these past couple of years. Shows he's still in that conversation.
    Best at the position. 
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Congrats Ted Simmons!!

Suck it Donnie!! LOL
    Best at the position. 
    I know what you meant. He is considered one of the best 1st basemen.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Congrats Ted Simmons!!

Suck it Donnie!! LOL
    Best at the position. 

• igotid88 said:

What homer made this list?  This must have been a fan vote.  Whenever Nolan Ryan gets mentioned as the best I get cautious.

I would have put up Stieb and Quisinberry before Ryan.  Ryan was the most exciting to watch though, I'll admit to that. 
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Congrats Ted Simmons!!

Suck it Donnie!! LOL
    Best at the position. 

A first baseman that can hit for average and power and can field. Is still getting consideration for the Hall. Has never been in the conversation?
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Congrats Ted Simmons!!

Suck it Donnie!! LOL
    Best at the position. 

A first baseman that can hit for average and power and can field. Is still getting consideration for the Hall. Has never been in the conversation?
    Mattingly was the best from 84-88 with 89 being a solid season.  After that he fell off the rails.
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Congrats Ted Simmons!!

Suck it Donnie!! LOL
    Best at the position. 

Mattingly was the best from 84-88 with 89 being a solid season.  After that he fell off the rails.
    Because of his back. He was still a good hitter and fielder. The power was just gone. Also he didn't play 20 years. So if he had played another 6 years. He would have gotten the numbers.
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Congrats Ted Simmons!!

Suck it Donnie!! LOL
    Best at the position. 

Because of his back. He was still a good hitter and fielder. The power was just gone. Also he didn't play 20 years. So if he had played another 6 years. He would have gotten the numbers.
    Unfortunately longevity has played a factor in hall of fame voting for.....literally ever.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Holy shit balls, Cole is gonna get paid.

Good work Strasburg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

Good work Strasburg
    Will he get 8 years? over $250 MILL?
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Up to 7 yrs/245 I'm seeing now. Cole is gonna come up just shy of $300M. Jesus.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    cutz said:

Good work Strasburg
    He might get 9!  Would take him through the same age as the Strasburg contract, I think.
  • igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Congrats Ted Simmons!!

Suck it Donnie!! LOL
    Best at the position. 

I remember very clearly it was his back.

He could still field which I thought was odd though.  No pop in the bat but still was winning Gold Gloves.

I still say he needs better stats to get in.  The days of a player like Ozzie Smith getting in are gone sans Omar Vizquel.  I think he should get in for his glove alone.
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Congrats Ted Simmons!!

Suck it Donnie!! LOL
    Best at the position. 

He could still field which I thought was odd though.  No pop in the bat but still was winning Gold Gloves.

I still say he needs better stats to get in.  The days of a player like Ozzie Smith getting in are gone sans Omar Vizquel.  I think he should get in for his glove alone.
    His numbers are way better than Ozzie's. Thought Visquel should go in.
    I miss igotid88
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    Seems like the most logical thread for this: RIP Pete Frates.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/1204134758688514048

HA. This fucking team loves deferrals.
  • igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Congrats Ted Simmons!!

Suck it Donnie!! LOL
    Best at the position. 

Oz didn't get in for his bat, that's for sure.

Yeah Vizquel should get in and this Molina catcher should get in too but we shall see.
  • igotid88 said:
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    So the Nats pulled it together.  Is this because Bryce Harper is gone?  Says a lot about him and the talent that the Phillies had and couldn't reach the playoffs.

igotid88 said:
    Dave Martinez was probably a few more losses earlier in the season from being fired. Now they're this close to a WS appearance
    The team had injuries early and the team really wasn't hitting.

Robles didn't hit all that great in the begining, Rendon turned it on later, Turner was hurt.

The whole team finally came around and started to play.  I would expect the team to do much better next year.

Turner, Robles, Soto and Kieboom should be fun to watch next year w Rendon.
    When has injuries and team not hitting save a manager's job. Rarely. Especially when he missed the playoffs with a playoff team.

You think they re-sign Rendon and Strasburg(When he opts out)?
    Why on earth would you let the pitcher you drafted, played all his life for your team and will get in the HOF go when he's pitching great?

Same goes for Rendon.

I'd sign them both for another 5 years.

$$$  Rendon is going to get upwards of $200 million.  Be interesting to see what Strasburg pulls in
    They aren't paying Harper and if they lock in Rendon for another 5 years they still have Soto and Turner on the cheap for a few more too so it shouldn't be that bad.

Strasburg might get more than Rendon, lol.
    Lol rendon is getting a whole lot more than 5 years 
    He'll be 31 come starting next season not 21.

He might get 7 but no way he gets offered 10. Those days are over for 30 YO's now.
    Both Strasburg and Rendon are over 30. 
    He will get 5 to 7 years too.  He's not 21.

Again, no one gets 10 year deals in their 30's... I haven't changed my position on age and contracts.

He got 7...
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited December 2019
    cutz said:

Good work Strasburg
    He might get 9!  Would take him through the same age as the Strasburg contract, I think.
    And if Feinsand report is true he'll get that 8 or 9 years and closer to $300 MILL?

Others are reporting the $245 MILL
    Post edited by cutz on
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Congrats Ted Simmons!!

Suck it Donnie!! LOL
    Best at the position. 

Ozzie is the greatest defensive player of all
    time.