Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Wobbie said:
    hey dewie - matheny in KC?

meh.
    I feel like that was announced a couple times already. 

He might start off decent but he’s a terrible match for the way they run that organization. Atrocious with young guys. 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,317
    I want an electronic zone to take jobs away from shit heads like Joe West and Angel Hernandez. F those guys
    They'll still need them to call it. And for plays at the plate
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    igotid88 said:
    I want an electronic zone to take jobs away from shit heads like Joe West and Angel Hernandez. F those guys
    And for plays at the plate

nah. sensors in the ball, unis and plate. :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Beltran new Met manager
    Smart baseball IQ and players listen to him.

Hope he does some good for that miserable team.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Beltran new Met manager
    Smart baseball IQ and players listen to him.

Hope he does some good for that miserable team.

I’m still mad the giants traded zach wheeler for him and we got two month, hurt beltran.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    in my mind, this is a more interesting FA crop than last year’s machado/harper bunch.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,380
    Wobbie said:
    in my mind, this is a more interesting FA crop than last year’s machado/harper bunch.
    I agree
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Wobbie said:
    I agree
    FA's and potential opt outs.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
  • Options
    My boy Rizzo with his 3rd Gold Glove!
    Very well could’ve been Goldschmidt for as decent as he made the StL infield look. Wong certainly wouldn’t have got it without Goldy.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    CONGRATULATIONS to the curly W's and I hope the team will bring the World Series trophy down here to West Palm Beach for Spring Training.

Peace 
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Post season awards.

AL

MVP - Trout  It might to go Bregman because Trout was hurt the final weeks but Trout's numbers are just so stupidly good.
    Cy Young - Tough but I give it to Cole for his season ending win streak.
    ROY - Yordan Alvarez, Vladamir who?!?
    Manager OTY - Who gives a shit...

Possibly an all Astros cast here.

NL

MVP - Bellinger
    Cy Young - Strasburg  He was great this year.
    ROY - Peter Alonso and those 53 dingers beats out his very well rounded teammate McNeil
    Manager oty -  WGAS

Who ya got?
    Strasburg has the year of his life and doesn't even crack the top 3?  Ryu has a meltdown of a second half and still gets considered?

Man, shit is rough out there...
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    Very well could’ve been Goldschmidt for as decent as he made the StL infield look. Wong certainly wouldn’t have got it without Goldy.
    Rizzo & Goldy (and throw Freeman in) are on another level.  No other 1B in baseball can touch those guys.  Maybe Votto but not this year.
  • Options
    Post season awards.

AL

MVP - Trout  It might to go Bregman because Trout was hurt the final weeks but Trout's numbers are just so stupidly good.

NL

MVP - Bellinger
    ROY - Peter Alonso and those 53 dingers beats out his very well rounded teammate McNeil
    Manager oty -  WGAS

Who ya got?
    Strasburg has the year of his life and doesn't even crack the top 3?  Ryu has a meltdown of a second half and still gets considered?

NL Manager of the Year finalists are baffling.  Fuck Counsell and Schildt. Played in the most dysfunctional division in baseball, seemed like no one wanted to win it when everyone was presenting it on a silver platter.  And they pick TWO managers from the NL Central?  Are you fucking kidding me?  If the Cubs won the Central, Joe Maddon wouldn't be a MOY candidate, so why the fuck are these two stooges?  And how the hell does Davey Martinez not crack top 3 when he took a 19-31 team and turned them around into a playoff spot, with only the best record in baseball since then.
    I know you don't care about MOY but of these three finalists, only one of them even deserves a mention.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:
    Rizzo & Goldy (and throw Freeman in) are on another level.  No other 1B in baseball can touch those guys.  Maybe Votto but not this year.
    Zimmerman?  No?
  • Options
    Post season awards.

AL

NL

MVP - Bellinger
    Manager oty -  WGAS

Who ya got?

NL Manager of the Year finalists are baffling.  Fuck Counsell and Schildt. Played in the most dysfunctional division in baseball, seemed like no one wanted to win it when everyone was presenting it on a silver platter.  And they pick TWO managers from the NL Central?  Are you fucking kidding me?  If the Cubs won the Central, Joe Maddon wouldn't be a MOY candidate, so why the fuck are these two stooges?  And how the hell does Davey Martinez not crack top 3 when he took a 19-31 team and turned them around into a playoff spot, with only the best record in baseball since then.
    I know you don't care about MOY but of these three finalists, only one of them even deserves a mention.
    Yeah if I had to pick a MOY from NL it would be Braves or Nats managers.  AL would have been for Stros because of their record.

With all the analytics involved I'm not so sure they should call it managing now, maybe Analyticing?  Or maybe "Analing"?
  • Options
    Post season awards.

AL

NL

MVP - Bellinger
    Manager oty -  WGAS

Who ya got?

I’d say Schildt earned a spot with some bonus points for their second half last year. 
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Counsell wins it for taking the Brewers with a 0.1% chance at postseason to 100% in a month ... without his MVP.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Pete Alonso NL ROY
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Pete Alonso NL ROY
    Alvarez NL ROY
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Screw the Astros
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Pete Alonso NL ROY
    Alvarez NL ROY
    He was AL
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Screw the Astros
    I like a lot of the players (not that pos osuna) but the mgmt seems like a bunch of total shit bags.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Pete Alonso NL ROY
    Alvarez NL ROY
    He was AL
    I know.  Freudian...  I still mistake them for an NL team from time to time.  I'll get over it soon.  Same thing w Brewers.  I mess that one up every now and again too.
  • Options
    So Astros caught stealing signs.  If they didn't win is this even a story?

This has to be rampant throughout the league.  no way only one team is doing it and the player that came forward, how bad did the team screw him over for him to say something?
  • Options
    So Astros caught stealing signs.  If they didn't win is this even a story?

This has to be rampant throughout the league.  no way only one team is doing it and the player that came forward, how bad did the team screw him over for him to say something?
    they've been accused before. this isn't the first time. this year there was the whistling 
    I miss igotid88