MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• mrussel1 said:
    Blake Snell is a filthy pitcher.  He might no hit the Indians today.  
    I think he's the AL Cy Young award winner, which is funny since the Rays went to the opener so many times this year.
    Him or Verlander.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    mrussel1 said:
    I think he's the AL Cy Young award winner, which is funny since the Rays went to the opener so many times this year.
    Him or Verlander.
    `Very close, I think if you measure where a team would be without him, Snell might edge Verlander for it.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    edited September 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    I'm sorry, what? 

You want to make a wager?
    Sure, what odds are you giving me?
    Read the post again if you didn't hear me.  
    Too late.. he gave up a solo shot in the 7th.  Still, he has been nasty...  98 mph heater and then drops a curveball consistently at 81.  
  • mrussel1 said:
    Too late.. he gave up a solo shot in the 7th.  Still, he has been nasty...  98 mph heater and then drops a curveball consistently at 81.  
    Great pitcher.  Should be on a better team.

Also the Indians are starting to wake up a little bit.

How about them A's?!?  Man are they doing good!!!
    mrussel1 said:

They are good.  I'm glad the Indians probably won't have to play them.  I actually feel slightly better about the Astros in the divisional vs the A's.  
    And the Indians are meh right now.  Fortunately Miller is back, Donaldson is in the lineup and hopefully Bauer will be ready to go in the next week.  At that point, we need to amp up the intensity.  
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

They are good.  I'm glad the Indians probably won't have to play them.  I actually feel slightly better about the Astros in the divisional vs the A's.  
    And the Indians are meh right now.  Fortunately Miller is back, Donaldson is in the lineup and hopefully Bauer will be ready to go in the next week.  At that point, we need to amp up the intensity.  
    Crazy talk.  I am 90% sure the A's are gonna beat the Yanks, but no way you can prefer the Astros over them with the A's pitching injuries and Verlander/Cole/Morton/Keuchel.
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Crazy talk.  I am 90% sure the A's are gonna beat the Yanks, but no way you can prefer the Astros over them with the A's pitching injuries and Verlander/Cole/Morton/Keuchel.
    The Indians Bullpen is getting healthy again too!

The A's just keep on winning no matter what happens, Astros too even with Keuchel and his up and downs.
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

The A's just keep on winning no matter what happens, Astros too even with Keuchel and his up and downs.
    The A's do keep winning regardless, but you're crazy to take the defending champs with those 4 pitchers over the A's and their depleted staff in a short series.
    Sometimes you just play better against certain teams.  I don't like the way the Indians have played against the A's at all this year.  We were a bit better against the Stros.  Plus, we know Verlander inside and out and have an excellent record against him.  
    Although I had forgotten about the Manaea injury.  
    mrussel1 said:
    Sometimes you just play better against certain teams.  I don't like the way the Indians have played against the A's at all this year.  We were a bit better against the Stros.  Plus, we know Verlander inside and out and have an excellent record against him.  
    Although I had forgotten about the Manaea injury.  
    Fair....i guess.  He's out next year too.  Brutal.
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

The A's do keep winning regardless, but you're crazy to take the defending champs with those 4 pitchers over the A's and their depleted staff in a short series.
    You've already conceded the wildcard game to the A's then?

I know I have.

The A's would play Boston when they win though, right?  It's WC winner vs the #1 seed?
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You've already conceded the wildcard game to the A's then?

I know I have.

The A's would play Boston when they win though, right?  It's WC winner vs the #1 seed?
    Yeah, I think the A's win.  Yanks are playing their worst ball at the worst time.  Pitching has been generally solid, so you never know, but bats are ice cold and I have no confidence in Judge coming back healthy.

But yeah, the winner goes to Boston.
  • David Wright FINALLY retires.

About 5 years overdue.

He was good when he was healthy though.

Anyone think that the Mets will retire his number?  They are really stingy with that sort of thing.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    David Wright FINALLY retires.

About 5 years overdue.

He was good when he was healthy though.

Anyone think that the Mets will retire his number?  They are really stingy with that sort of thing.
    Yes, i think they will retire his number.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Fuck. the. d**gers.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Anybody watching the Indians/Bosox game?

GREAT call by the ump at first.  That is A+ officiating!

Cora couldn't go to replay cause the ump nailed it.
    Anybody watching the Indians/Bosox game?

Yes I'm watching.  Nice job by Bauer in his short start.  
  • mrussel1 said:

34 pitches!
    mrussel1 said:

34 pitches!
    Sale on a pitch count too.
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

34 pitches!
    Sale on a pitch count too.
    Yes 5 innings was the goal though he didn't make it.
  • Soto or Acuna for Rookie of the Year?

Has this been discussed?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Red Sox tie franchise season win total which they should easily break. That is saying something given they been around for 117 years. Now if they don't win the whole thing, it won't mean squat.
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Soto or Acuna for Rookie of the Year?

Has this been discussed?
    I would go with Acuna, but I fully acknowledge my Atl bias.

Their numbers are pretty similar though, so I could see either one getting it.
    Jimmy124 said:
    Red Sox tie franchise season win total which they should easily break. That is saying something given they been around for 117 years. Now if they don't win the whole thing, it won't mean squat.
    The pen has questions.  I also question their starters in a long series.  I feel like they have to outslug you when Sale isn't out there. 
  • Soto or Acuna for Rookie of the Year?

Has this been discussed?
    I think Acuna gets it too.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Acuna hits 4 homers tomorrow to seal it
    (I need homers!)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    most desired to least desired WS outcome:

indians OR astros....”my” two AL teams
    A’s
    braves
    brew crew (altho I’d not love seeing braun win anything)
    cards
    yanks
    sox
    cubs
    d**gers
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I think Acuna gets it too; however, I think both rookies are big time talents.

Soto is a hitting machine and Acuna is a premium athlete.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Indians or Braves would be tops, to me.
    Sox and Cards, last.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved