wow, Stanton to the Yankees!
    Whoa
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Wobbie said:
    wow, Stanton to the Yankees!
    the "lovable" yankees were a one year thing.
    Definitely not lovable, but gonna be a fun team. Stanton is not arod
    He is now.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    I know the Marlins might trade Castro. But I'd keep him. Unless they can get a top notch starter for him.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    I know the Marlins might trade Castro. But I'd keep him. Unless they can get a top notch starter for him.
    Marlins will deal Castro away.  They will be bad for a while  and they are cleaning house.
    igotid88 said:
    Marlins will deal Castro away.  They will be bad for a while  and they are cleaning house.
    Will be interesting to see what team they will put out there? They weren't getting good attendance when they were in the playoff race a year ago and with Stanton going for 60 this season.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Will be interesting to see what team they will put out there? They weren't getting good attendance when they were in the playoff race a year ago and with Stanton going for 60 this season.
    Some places aren't meant to have sports teams and Miami is one that shouldn't have a baseball team just like LA shouldn't have a football team yet alone two...
    edited December 2017
    Jack Morris and Alan Trammell getting inducted in the Baseball Hall of Fame. I still think Don Mattingly is more deserving than Trammell.

"With 12 votes required for entry, former catcher Ted Simmons received 11 votes, former MLB Players Association leader Marvin Miller received seven and Steve Garvey, Tommy John, Don Mattingly, Dale Murphy, Dave Parker and Luis Tiant each received fewer than seven votes (the Hall did not reveal their exact tallies)."
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    Jack Morris and Alan Trammell getting inducted in the Baseball Hall of Fame. I still think Don Mattingly is more deserving than Trammell.

"With 12 votes required for entry, former catcher Ted Simmons received 11 votes, former MLB Players Association leader Marvin Miller received seven and Steve Garvey, Tommy John, Don Mattingly, Dale Murphy, Dave Parker and Luis Tiant each received fewer than seven votes (the Hall did not reveal their exact tallies)."
    The Hall of Good...
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Jack Morris and Alan Trammell...  but there is still no Barry Bonds or Pete Rose. :angry:
  • Jack Morris and Alan Trammell...  but there is still no Barry Bonds or Pete Rose. :angry:
    Or Clemens or Palmiero...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Some places aren't meant to have sports teams and Miami is one that shouldn't have a baseball team just like LA shouldn't have a football team yet alone two...
    The fact that the Marlins have two titles in the last 20 years and a brand new (albeit ugly as fuck) stadium is revolting. 

Move them to Montreal. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Jack Morris and Alan Trammell...  but there is still no Barry Bonds or Pete Rose. :angry:
    Indeed.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I wonder why MLB allowed a group to buy the Marlins that could not afford them?  Imagine being one of the few Marlins fans that had a glimmer of hope that Loria was going to sell the team to this.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Jason P said:
    I wonder why MLB allowed a group to buy the Marlins that could not afford them?  Imagine being one of the few Marlins fans that had a glimmer of hope that Loria was going to sell the team to this.
    Kinda this, but they also bought a team with $400 million of debt.
  • Jason P said:
    They were that far in the hole?  That's Stantons full contract, no?
    Jason P said:
    They were that far in the hole?  That's Stantons full contract, no?
    From what I read over the weekend, yeah.  Pretty much.
  • So.  Ohtani to the Angels!

I'm still excited about this.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Jason P said:
    All the more reason this team should've been moved to another city. Montreal? Mexico City? Portland?
    Stanton went after the Marlins in his press conference. Message to fans "Hang in there. If you're going to watch maybe watch from afar"

Yikes.
  • Stanton went after the Marlins in his press conference. Message to fans "Hang in there. If you're going to watch maybe watch from afar"

Yikes.
    The fans don't go to the damn games anyways!
    Stanton went after the Marlins in his press conference. Message to fans "Hang in there. If you're going to watch maybe watch from afar"

Yikes.
    From what I hear Jeter never spoke to him.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Yikes.
    He said they did have a meeting and they disagreed on the direction of the team so he said he didn't want to be part of it.
  • igotid88 said:

Yikes.
    He said they did have a meeting and they disagreed on the direction of the team so he said he didn't want to be part of it.
    I never heard this.  Always heard that the two never met, but it doesn't matter now, lol.
    igotid88 said:

Yikes.
    I never heard this.  Always heard that the two never met, but it doesn't matter now, lol.
    Same. I had read they never spoke too, but that is what Stanton said today.  They all met and he said he thinks they have a good lineup and they should move forward to get better pitching and the team said no and that they were going to start over again. He then told them he wanted out.
    igotid88 said:

Yikes.
    Same. I had read they never spoke too, but that is what Stanton said today.  They all met and he said he thinks they have a good lineup and they should move forward to get better pitching and the team said no and that they were going to start over again. He then told them he wanted out.
    i think when the Marlins were sold to Jeter's team and the talk of trading him started. There was no initial contact.
    I miss igotid88
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    igotid88 said:

Yikes.

Jeter’s always been a slimey dude. :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

I don’t think palmiero EVER gets in.....besides actually failing a test, he always struck me as a guy content to just put up numbers on shitty teams in no pressure environments. He also mostly either played the easiest position or DH’ed.

I do give him props for screwing ryne sandberg’s old lady.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    i'm cool with this. :clap:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Wobbie said:

I don’t think palmiero EVER gets in.....besides actually failing a test, he always struck me as a guy content to just put up numbers on shitty teams in no pressure environments. He also mostly either played the easiest position or DH’ed.

hahahahahahahaah!!!  I never knew that!!!!  That's great!
    Wobbie said:

hahahahahahahaah!!!  I never knew that!!!!  That's great!

it’s why the cubs traded him.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14