Options

Kansas City Request/Story

PushinPaintPushinPaint Posts: 431
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Last summer, I went to Ed's solo show in Memphis. After waiting awhile outside the venue, Ed came out to shake everyones hand and thank us for coming. Well, as I waited in line I became more and more nervous, and when he got to me, he actually asked me a question. He said, "You look pretty young, how old are you?" All I could come up with was "I'm 22." Prior to that, I had been thinking what I would say.."Ed you're the greatest!", etc. What I really planned on doing was requesting "New Jeremy" for the Chicago show a few months later. No one before me in line had been hit with a question, so I was quite surprised and elated. But through all of that, I couldn't muster my question. I'm going to the Kansas City show, and now I will post a request to atone for my nerves in that situation. I would love to hear:

New Jeremy (slower version a la Red Rocks. I think it would fit great in the middle of the set).

My choice for opener would be Release, but I think that is too greedy. So if anyone in the band reads this, not necessarily Ed, i would love to hear New Jeremy. I know it probably won't happen (maybe out of luck, but I doubt the guys will see it) but I feel better after passing up on the opportunity before.

I'll see you all in Kansas City, thanks for reading.

Jon