Options

I named my Elephant Eddie Vedder

spatspat Posts: 644
edited February 2010 in The Porch
I asked my mom to adopt me an elephant for christmas from the World Animal Foundation, idunno, I just like elephants. So they sent me this whole packet and with a card I can return to name him. I pondered and pondered, figured I'd name him something Pearl Jam related, not because I'm obsessed or anything ;) Should I name him PJ? Boomer? Lukin? nahhh fuck it... He's Eddie Vedder! I think the real Eddie would be proud.

P1030024.jpg
My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    :lol::lol::lol: oh boy
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    Ways this elephant is not like the real Eddie Vedder:

1. Elephant Eddie Vedder would never forget lyrics, because elephants never forget...

number two, anyone?
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    2. Real Eddie Vedder's politics have a liberal bent while Elephant Eddie Vedder is most obviously a Republican.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    spat wrote:
    I asked my mom to adopt me an elephant for christmas from the World Animal Foundation, idunno, I just like elephants. So they sent me this whole packet and with a card I can return to name him. I pondered and pondered, figured I'd name him something Pearl Jam related, not because I'm obsessed or anything ;) Should I name him PJ? Boomer? Lukin? nahhh fuck it... He's Eddie Vedder! I think the real Eddie would be proud.

P1030024.jpg

can you adopt hippo's? U CAN!!! i shall name him BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    3. Elephant Eddie Vedder uses his trunk to assist with eating and to swat at bat-like things. Real Eddie Vedder uses his trunk to store bat wings.
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Now Eddie and Republicans have one thing in common.

:lol:
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    Ways this elephant is not like the real Eddie Vedder:

1. Elephant Eddie Vedder would never forget lyrics, because elephants never forget...

number two, anyone?

:mrgreen:

i think it's awesome that there is an elephant out there named eddie vedder.
    well done spat.
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    PNuttyJam wrote:
    3. Elephant Eddie Vedder uses his trunk to assist with eating and to swat at bat-like things. Real Eddie Vedder uses his trunk to store bat wings.
    Haha. Well done.
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    PNuttyJam wrote:

That is great :D
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    4. Elephant Eddie Vedder is huge yet is still terribly afraid of very small things such as the read Ed Ved himself.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    5. Elephant Eddie Vedder likes to play in the South*, real Eddie Vedder not-so-much...

* Southern Africa
  • Options
    How funny~ :lol:
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    spat wrote:

P1030024.jpg
    this is really nice- I do think Eddie would be proud
    Elephants are so sweet just like Eddie- powerful and sweet at the same time