Options

Dudes From Touring Van

Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,778
edited December 2009 in The Porch
So I watch this channel Current TV like a fiend.....and I saw these guys produce a piece about Iceland to make it to air. That is FUCKING AWESOME. Congrats to you guys! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjbizpjbiz Posts: 208
    So I watch this channel Current TV like a fiend.....and I saw these guys produce a piece about Iceland to make it to air. That is FUCKING AWESOME. Congrats to you guys! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks man. I'm going to be doing a piece on our Mount Everest Trek for them soon. Current TV rocks!

The Iceland video and my other stuff is on my blog:
    http://www.thisallencompassingtrip.com/ ... -projects/

Jason
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    pjbiz wrote:
    Thanks man. I'm going to be doing a piece on our Mount Everest Trek for them soon. Current TV rocks!

Jason

cool ... i was supposed to go last june but the cost really scared me ... is it as bad as i've been reading?
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,778
    polaris_x wrote:
    pjbiz wrote:

Jason

cool ... i was supposed to go last june but the cost really scared me ... is it as bad as i've been reading?

I did a research project/presentation last year for my econ class on Iceland. Yes, it is/was that bad. I don't know when these guys went there, but it's out of control. Such a gorgeous country though. Too bad too many other countries are invested(in the hole) in them.

Anyway, yeah, Jason - good shit. I just had it on the tube today....and boom....I was like, "wait a minute, I've seen these dudes before." Good shit.
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,001
    polaris_x wrote:
    pjbiz wrote:

Jason

I did a research project/presentation last year for my econ class on Iceland. Yes, it is/was that bad. I don't know when these guys went there, but it's out of control. Such a gorgeous country though. Too bad too many other countries are invested(in the hole) in them.

Anyway, yeah, Jason - good shit. I just had it on the tube today....and boom....I was like, "wait a minute, I've seen these dudes before." Good shit.

I went to iceland in May of this year. The cost isn't that bad at all. The country is basically bankrupt so the ISK is less than half of what is used to be.

I flew from Toronto on icelandair for ~$550 CDN roundtrip. Stayed in a great hotel (Centerhotel Thingholt) right in Rekjavik. Went on a whale watching tour, blue lagoon trip, lava tour horseback riding, all day jeep tour to see the glaciers, day tour to vik beach and surrounding area, another day tour to the gulfoss and a couple other stops. All in the trip was under $3000 for 2 people for 8 days. When you consider an all inclusive sun vacation is usually $1000 pp, the extra cost for the tours and to see an amazing country is well worth it.
  • Options
    pjbizpjbiz Posts: 208
    It was probably the most expensive country on earth when we went, that's why we lived out of a car. Now that it's near bankrupt, it's probably a bit cheaper, but i had a couple of friends that went just a few months ago and claimed it to be fairly expensive still.

Definitely worth the trip though, I'd say.

Oh and the extended version of that Iceland video is here
    http://fivedaysiniceland.com/lost-in-iceland.html

Although the audio of the last 2 parts have been removed from youtube due to stupid copyright issues.
    Jason
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    thanks for the info guys ... i hope to go in june ... might pm you guys when the time gets closer ...
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    That was fucking awesome, didn't have a chance to watch the whole thing, but what I did was AWESOME. What an exciting thing to do, just go and take it as it comes.

You guys surely know how to live. Thanks for sharing that.

oh and the thing about joining a new hockey team cracked me up too.

good stuff
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i love your work.too bad we didnt meet in person in Europe,i see u in a minute in Manchester thought to talk u but i loose in the crowd...to the next time. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”