Options

Thank you 10C

anakin_pdxanakin_pdx Posts: 387
edited July 2009 in The Porch
I just wanted to give a big thanks to the 10C for everything they do year in and year out. A lot of people seem to forget that being part of the 10C is a privilege. Sure we pay dues, but Pearl Jam doesn't need to sell the best tickets in the house to fan club members (cheaper than ticketmaster after their fees I might add). This band is so well loved that unfortunately demand far exceeds the supply for tickets (thanks to venues putting caps on the amount of tickets fan clubs can offer), and some people will miss out. You win some, and you loose some.

Just imagine how it would be if the 10C didn't exist, or offered tickets. You'd always have to battle scalpers across the country buying tickets on Ticketmaster to resell to you because you missed out. You'd never get good seats unless you could afford to pay scalpers $500 a ticket (or you were lucky to win tickets from a radio station).

Sure in a perfect world, PJ would play your city twice a year in 500 capacity venues and you could get in at the door just by flashing your 10C id card. But unfortunately this isn't a perfect world.

So for all the hard work they do, and the great benefits they give us even though they don't have to. Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    looks like someone scored tix today .....just kidding .....i whole heartedly agree!!!!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Thank you 10C.
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    +1
    X2

there, i finally did the "annoying" little math thingy :P
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    anakin_pdx wrote:
    I just wanted to give a big thanks to the 10C for everything they do year in and year out. A lot of people seem to forget that being part of the 10C is a privilege. Sure we pay dues, but Pearl Jam doesn't need to sell the best tickets in the house to fan club members (cheaper than ticketmaster after their fees I might add). This band is so well loved that unfortunately demand far exceeds the supply for tickets (thanks to venues putting caps on the amount of tickets fan clubs can offer), and some people will miss out. You win some, and you loose some.

Just imagine how it would be if the 10C didn't exist, or offered tickets. You'd always have to battle scalpers across the country buying tickets on Ticketmaster to resell to you because you missed out. You'd never get good seats unless you could afford to pay scalpers $500 a ticket (or you were lucky to win tickets from a radio station).

Sure in a perfect world, PJ would play your city twice a year in 500 capacity venues and you could get in at the door just by flashing your 10C id card. But unfortunately this isn't a perfect world.

So for all the hard work they do, and the great benefits they give us even though they don't have to. Thanks.

Word !!.. nothing more to say but thanks
  • Options
    Dirt Like MeDirt Like Me Posts: 204
    Best in the biz
    Let the ocean swell, dissolve 'way my past
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    anakin_pdx wrote:
    Sure we pay dues, but Pearl Jam doesn't need to sell the best tickets in the house to fan club members (cheaper than ticketmaster after their fees I might add).

Yes but if they did stop doing that, I think you would see about a 90% drop in memberships. No one would renew.