Options

*** EV Tour London 1 Fanviews Here 7/30/12 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,922
edited August 2012 in Given To Fly (live)
Eddie Vedder
Hammersmith Apollo
London, UK
July 30, 2012
Show One Set List

01. Walking The Cow-(Daniel Johnston)
(Ed starts "Trouble" but stops immediately. He talks about a prank he used to pull that involved flashlights and smacking a friend with a pillow. He says that all the flashes from cameras feel like that prank is being pulled on him. He offers to make all the faces he is going to make for five seconds while people take pictures in the hopes that the flashes will stop after that.)
02. Trouble-(Yusuf Islam)
03. Can't Keep
04. Sleeping By Myself
05. Without You
(Ed talks about the venue and all the great bands that have played here and how he never imagined he would see the place let alone play it. He has the lighting mixer turn up the house lights so he can see it better. He remarks that with all of the flags in the audience it looks a lot like The Olympics, except the seats are full here)
06. More Than You Know-(Rose, Eliscu, Youmans)
(A very young girl brings out a Ukulele for Ed. He comments that child labor laws in England must be lax. He then thanks Harper for bringing him the instrument)
07. Broken Heart (played on an old electric ukulele)
08. I Am Mine
09. Brain Damage-(Waters)
10. Dead Man
(Ed tells a story about an older gentleman that worked at tiny grocery on a small island. Lester would be gone from the grocery for several weeks and when Ed asked him where he had been Lester would say he had been to Switzerland or some other distant place. Ed later found out that "Lester the Traveller" hadn't left the island in 30 years. Ed would still ask Lester where he had been traveling.)
11. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
12. Setting Forth
13. Far Behind
14. Guaranteed
15. Rise
16. Long Nights w/ Glen Hansard
17. Good Woman-(Chan Marshall)
(Ed's other daughter Olivia brings out a guitar for him. He jokes that if another young girl brings out a guitar he is going to be confused because he only has two daughters)
18. Better Man (high string version)
(Ed talks about being asked to perform this song for "I Am Sam". He describes how he went about investigating the song and what he learned about how it may have been written)
19. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
20. Lukin
21. Porch
Encore Break 1
(Ed tells a story that ranges from him reading an article about corn communicating with other plants with audible clicks, to a friend that liked to make hallucinogenic tea that would make you think plants had eyes, could see and communicate with you. This eventually leads to Ed living on a small island alone and naming plants and trying to communicate with them. When a palm tree drops a coconut at his feet he likes to think the tree was offering him sustenance but admits it could have been trying to kill him)
22. Unthought Known
23. Society w/ Glen Hansard-(Jerry Hannan)
24. Sleepless Nights w/ Glen Hansard-(Boudleaux Bryant, Felice Bryant) [played at the edge of the stage with no mics or PA)
25. Falling Slowly w/ Glen Hansard-(Hansard, Irglová)
26. Open All Night-(Bruce Springsteen)
27. The End
28. Arc
Encore Break 2
29. Hard Sun w/ Glen Hansard-(Peterson)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)

Glen Hansard Set List
01. Say It To Me Now
(Glen talks about meeting Bob Dylan and that leading to The Frames opening for Bob at this venue)
02. Low Rising/Sexual Healing-(Brown, Gaye, Ritz)
03. I was Born To Hold You In These Arms
04. Love Don't Leave Me Waiting/Respect-(Redding)
05. Come Away To The Water
06. Bird Of Sorrow
07. Drive All Night-(Springsteen)/Feels Like Rain-(Hiatt)
08. The Song Of Good Hope
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Thanks Sea. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Looks like a great show!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    I can t wait for Vegas !!!!!!
    good woman,brain damage and open all night 8-):):D
    ajb
  • Options
    bnewman19bnewman19 Posts: 74
    Great Show, Falling Slowly was amazing
  • Options
    StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    Am I reading that right? He played both versions of Betterman?
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    JollyJolly Posts: 100
    Um not that I recall he didn't???
  • Options
    JustynaJustyna Posts: 132
    It was my very first Ed show and it was beyond amazing. Absolutely fantastic. So many kids in various age, the youngest one I have met was 12 months old. Tomorrow I am taking my nearly 13 months Little Monster too.
    The only sad thing was that some people have problem with understanding no picture policy and even ignored Eddie when he clearly asked to stop.
    Spodek 2000, Roskilde 2000, O2 2009, Belfast 2010, Hyde Park 2010, Wuhlheide 2010, Open'er 2010, Manchester 1&2 2012 , Amsterdam 1&2 2014, Wuhlheide 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Open'er 2014, MK 2014, Amsterdam 1&2 2018, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018, Barcelona 2018, London 1&2 2018
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Justyna wrote:
    The only sad thing was that some people have problem with understanding no picture policy and even ignored Eddie when he clearly asked to stop.

It's pretty disrespectful to the artist if they actually request this and are still ignored. I can't imagine why you'd rather be taking taking photos or videos during an EV show than actually watching it? How many times will you experience that opportunity in a theatre? Still, I'm sure it was another great show. Manchester for me looked like one of the best Ed solo shows to date but there's plenty to drool over here and I'd love to get a chance to see him in this kind of setting. Was it a longer version of Brain Damage or just the usual one? How was Arc? I always thought that would be the perfect end to the show...
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    Again -Amazing show, it just gets better. Felt like a different vibe from Manchester but still awesome!!!! Met a few people who were obviously there for PJ songs only which I thought was weak.

Re Camera issues: it really feels like there are (way) too many people out there that are too busy trying to remember & they forget to actually experience the event. Suppose that's the way gigs are these days but still. Considering Manchester was like a paparazzi gathering - I thought tonight was slightly better.

CANNOT WAIT FOR TOMORROW!!!
    Reading Festival - Aug 27, 2006,Shepherd's Bush Empire - Aug 11, 2009, Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, O2 Arena - Aug 18, 2009, GM Place - Sep 25, 2009, Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010, Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010, Hyde Park - Jun 25, 2010, Wuhlheide - Jun 30, 2010,
  • Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Stinkfoot wrote:
    Am I reading that right? He played both versions of Betterman?

Sounds like hide your love away
  • Options
    Arc just built and built and built. Really incredible!

Loved the gig but hated the audience. Whats with the constant "whoops" during every single fucking song. Its so frustrating, you are trying to listen and then all around you are WOOOOOO, YEAH, WOOOOOOOOO. WOOOO for a song you never heard before, WOO for a song you know WOOO when he mentions your place of birth WOOOOO when he says hello.

I understand people are excited but it was like being at a spring break frat party at times tonight.

Sleepless nights was beautiful but almost ruined by the constant click click of someone taking photos behind me. It was light hearted him mentioning the cameras right at the start but it was serious and everyone just ignored that so they could take a shitty instagram photo on their crappy iphone which will be lost when they lose their phone and probably not shared with the world.

I'm very tired so apologies for the negatives.

Finally hearing all of the ITW stuff live was sublime, far behind was the song I was pumped to hear and the extended part before the middle 8 was so good.

Glen Hansard was also a lovely lovely man. Nice stories, nice songs and his vocals complimented EV perfectly on the duets. Hard Sun to finish was perfect.

Also Porch acoustic was a highlight.

Man of the hour tomorrow night purleeezz :D
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    CloudDog23CloudDog23 Posts: 147
    Amazing, special, personal, intimate, communual, powerful, emotional.

Even the ar$eholes who kept on using flash photography and those that mistake an acoustic, low-key gig as an excuse to shout and heckle in-between songs (why the fcuk would I pay £50 to hear your opinion on anything?) couldn't ruin a beautiful evening that will be cherished until the end of my days. Ed mentioned it was being recorded, I hope it becomes available, as that would be the icing on the cake.

2000/05/29 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2006/04/20 The Astoria, London, UK
    2006/08/29 Gelredome, Arnhem, Netherlands
    2007/06/18 Wembley Arena, London, UK
    2009/08/18 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2010/06/25 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2012/06/20 MEN Arena, Manchester, UK
    2012/07/30 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2013/02/10 O2 Academy Islington, UK (Brad)
    2013/09/19 O2 Academy Brixton, UK (Soundgarden)
    2014/07/08 first direct Arena, Leeds, UK
    2014/07/11 MK Bowl, Milton Keynes, UK
    2017/06/06 Hammersmith Odeon, UK (Eddie Vedder solo show)
    2018/07/17 O2 Arena, London, UK
    2022/07/08 Hyde Park, London, UK
    2022/07/09 Hyde Park, London, UK
  • Options
    JustynaJustyna Posts: 132
    Just have forgotten to mention Glen before. He is a great musician and very pleasant man. If you hadn't seen him before, do not miss his performance tonight. It's definitely worth seeing.
    Spodek 2000, Roskilde 2000, O2 2009, Belfast 2010, Hyde Park 2010, Wuhlheide 2010, Open'er 2010, Manchester 1&2 2012 , Amsterdam 1&2 2014, Wuhlheide 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Open'er 2014, MK 2014, Amsterdam 1&2 2018, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018, Barcelona 2018, London 1&2 2018
  • Options
    HipthrusterHipthruster London Posts: 34
    Ed did make a comment very early on about the photgraphy and he decided to give different poses and made it very funny. I think that was around the second song in. The rest of the show just kicked off and was brilliant. He mentioned about this being the first time playing in Hammersmith Apollo with references to the Who. The place went bananas. But we were all there to witness Eds first gig in London and he was sincere, brilliant, talented and deserved every single standing ovation he got even from the outset.
    I'll not forget tonights gig for a long time. Seen Pearl Jam 16 times including MSG (yeah that one) and Alpine Valley both nights. Its a beautiful experience seeing Ed solo and Glen is quite similar in style and compliments him. Glens voice is unbelievable and I still feel that he holds back. But man that boy can push it vocally.
    Its very different to seeing Pearl Jam, very different. You get to see Ed being Ed and it was really cute seeing Olivia bring out his Uke and he gave her a kiss.
    Cant wait to see him again tomorrow. Oh the song that he sang with Glen without mics was just unbelievable. You could hear a pin drop. Jesus they know how to put on a show. I had to try hold my breath so I wouldnt be noisy and everything for that song. Place went mental when it finished. Oh and for the woman who asked about Betterman. It was a new? uke version that I've never heard before. Different tones of singing too which was very interesting. Im a fan of the PJ one but it was lovely to hear it different. The Springsteen song was fuckin rocking. There should have been one more song though. Thats the only criticism I could give. The crowd wanted more. But its the first night so maybe tomorrow when they catch up on themselves from travelling we can rock out a bit more. Lukin was savage!
    Its a wild wish but SOLAT would be triumphant tomorrow.
    1996 - Cork 24th Oct, Dublin - 26th Oct
    2000 - London Wembley Arena - 30th May, Dublin - The Point 1st Jul
    2003 - New York MSG 1 - 8th Jul, New York, MSG 2 - 9th Jul
    2006 - London, Astoria - 20th Apr, Dublin - 23rd Aug, Reading Festival - 27th Aug, Berlin, Wuhlheide - 23rd Sept 06
    2007 - London, 02 - 18th Jun
    2010 - Dublin, 02 - 22nd Jun, Hyde Park, London - 24th Jun
    2011 - Alpine Valley, 3-4th Sept
  • Options
    porsche007porsche007 Posts: 40
    Guys - Eddie just came out and meet the fans outside the Apollo and I cannot tell you how surreal it was. Usual crowd waited outside from 11pm and a strong crew stayed (Circa 100) until around midnight and the rain began to fell. 12:20 came, no sign, 12:40, no sign, and 12:55 as the last 20 of us began to think about going on the last tube, still laughing and joking and trying to hope for a glimmer of light when security came out and said Eddie would come out but under strict rules......

Oh my god - we froze. Usual rules I guess of No pics, no sigs, no flash lights etc or he would be straight off....My legs began to shake and it was surreal. Then literally within 1min a Mercedes van pulled down and Eddie stepped out. He was a true gent, had his cap on, body-warmer and he said he had enjoyed a few drinks to celebrate the Apollo, but wow - what a guy. Walked from the top down, stopped, shook all hands and engaged in real conversations. My turn came, told him what a great show, how Pearl Jam just makes so many people including myself so happy, and that his work on the WM3 was a credit. He replied that he was so, so happy they got out, he still wants further justice for them and that he loves London. I then told him he has a lovely family and he said "thanks man - keep the peace".

Sorry for the girly message, sorry for not posting on here for years - but my dreams came true and the other few im sure. If you were there - well thank you for sharing that moment with me, I think we all felt at 12:50am in the rain it was time to go, but dreams do come true.

Concert was amazing, forget the camera people or the non-pearl jam people and just enjoy Eddie at his best, playing music and embracing his fans...

Night all - and wow, my dream is true. I shook the hand of the great man and he engaged with us how he wants it to be, peer-2-peer, man-2-man and just a normal guy with a remarkable gift.
    "Want you , In My, Rearviewmirror........."
  • Options
    love-boat-captainlove-boat-captain Essex. UK Posts: 476
    Great show!!!!!!!! Loved it, as always!!

however, i have to agree with some of the above comments... I don't wanna hear you sing betterman or anything else, or hear how much you love eddie or your constant whistling. it's a quiet show, we all know the words to the songs, we all love the guy too, but there's a time and place. I feel those people really spoil the vibe of what these shows are meant to be. You might not wanna hear the uke stuff and just wanna scream over betterman and Small Town, but I do.

And then, lol, go to the cinema and watch a film if you wanna bring in large bags of crisps and sit there chomping them and rustling the bag during Dead Man! Jeez, some people :roll:

U may think i'm being moany, but really... come on people, it's a bit creepy and very annoying.
    London 29-10-96, London 29/30-5-00, London 20-4-06, Reading 27-8-06, London 18-6-07, London 11-8-09, London 18-8-09, London 25-6-10, Berlin 30-6-10 / PJ20 3/4-9-11, Manchester 20-6-12, Amsterdam 26/27-6-12, EV-London 30/31-7-12, EV-Orlando 27-11-12
  • Options
    simonortonsimonorton Posts: 173
    Eddie Vedder and Glen Hansard. I couldn't have made that up in my wildest dreams years ago. But it's happened and wow. Manchester on Saturday was just electric, tonight was different. Not better or worse, just different.

Several good fanviews here already but wanted to add something to the phones / cameras / chatting / etc debate with a couple of links I've found quite interesting ...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2012/jul/27/jack-white-twitter-ban
    http://www.michaelanton.co.uk/2012/07/30/tweeting-gigs-captivating-or-capturing/

I think it's pretty telling that you don't hear a lot of people speaking up for these elements or saying how great it is to hear yelling drown out an artist or how having a glowing LED screen held in front of your face really adds to the concert going experience.

It's all summed up for me like this. On Saturday, someone yelled out the end of Ed's story about happiness. (Whoever you are, you're a dick) Tonight - and I can't remember which song it was - we had this glorious contribution ...

"KEY CHANGE!"

"If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    pacpac Posts: 85
    One of the best nights of my 23 years of life... that's all i'm able to say at the moment. Can't wait for the second show today.
  • Options
    Sappy113Sappy113 Posts: 178
    porsche007 wrote:
    Night all - and wow, my dream is true. I shook the hand of the great man and he engaged with us how he wants it to be, peer-2-peer, man-2-man and just a normal guy with a remarkable gift.

So awesome to hear, mate! Great story. I love it how obvious it is that Ed is "just a guy". No rock star tantrums, no bloated ego, just a great guy with a profound love of music.
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    Setting Forth and Open All Night :fp: you lucky guys!!!!
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    Absolutely spellbinding performance. Blown away. Agree with earlier comments that some people wouldn't let Eddie speak without whooping uncontrollably for no reason whatsoever. The camera rules were lax though as a guy standing on the wall next to my seat literally recorded the entire show on his camera with a security guard just in front of him, yet when they see a camera go off elsewhere, they may or may not have a word. Odd. But I am not letting these idiots spoil a night which was truly magical. Eddie got the songs spot on, Glen was a charming sidekick at times too. Porch, The End and Lurkin were PJ highlights, but I think the majority of the songs from Into The Wild and Ukelele Songs in a live capacity, especially Guaranteed, Society, Far Behind, Sleeping by Myself and the PA-less Sleepless Nights were major parts of this super show. Those who expect him to reel off nothing but Pearl Jam songs will be disappointed. Yes we got 10/29 and this was to be expected. But I still can't get over how good it was to hear his solo stuff away from the PJ arena. I actually think this was better than some PJ shows I have been to. Captivating stuff and I pray I get another opportunity to hear Ed in such a small setting again.
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • Options
    CrookedTomCrookedTom Posts: 252
    Just wonderful - His voice really puts you into a trance, and the whole show really brings home what a great singer/songwriter Eddie is. I must agree with the frustration regarding the idiots whooping and whistling over the quiet songs and when Eddie was trying to speak, really annoying. You have to respect the kind of show it is - Just listen to the music, and applaud at the end. Is it that hard? Some guys in front of me were high-fiving and jumping up and down when he went into any Pearl Jam songs - That's well & good at a PJ Gig but not at an intimate show like this.

Loved the setlist - I really think he could lose the Pearl Jam songs from the set, I thought the most spellbinding stuff was material from Into The Wild & Ukelele Songs + the cover songs. I didn't really need to hear Small Town & I Am Mine to be honest...Although saying that Lukin & Porch were terrific! It's just I would of traded them all for Don't Be Shy, I Won't Back Down, Picture In A Frame etc etc...

What a night...
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,930
    This is probably going to sound really insulting, which is not my intention at all, but I was actually amazed at how good Eddie is on his own. I've known for years that he has a fantastic voice and, despite two stunning solo albums under his belt, it really had to be seen to be believed. He is a wonderful guitar player and really great at telling stories that amble around and finish with a rewarding punchline. The story about communicating with the trees was genuinely funny and the intro to Small Town was the perfect setup. Loved every second, but the unplugged version of Sleepless Nights with Glen and witnessing Ed build Arc were magical highlights. Can't wait to take my wife along tonight.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    big mickbig mick Hull UK Posts: 773
    Great show!!!!!!! Loved every second! But and the but is big and there are 2, both audience issues.
    Flash photography, if the guy asks you to stop then please stop, it was off putting for the rest of us too and the other problem was the constant shouting and whooping, Ed tries and talking and gets shouted down, its wrong.

Let's talk music, WOW! All and way, way more than I wished for, old PJ, newer PJ, Into The Wild, Uke Songs and some covers! What a treat, come back soon.

Otherwise I'm coming to America for the rescheduled dates this Autumn!
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • Options
    Whoever is in front row tonight, I'll pay you to hold up a board saying

"NO WHOOPS
    NO CAMERAS"
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,956
    simonorton wrote:

It's all summed up for me like this. On Saturday, someone yelled out the end of Ed's story about happiness. (Whoever you are, you're a dick) Tonight - and I can't remember which song it was - we had this glorious contribution ...

"KEY CHANGE!"

This cracked me up :lol: Seriously!? The girl who shouted out at Manchester was sat a few row behind me, I honestly can't think why you would think it would be a good idea to shout out like this.

Anyway, sounds like it was another great show last night. Was hoping for Setting Forth at Manchester, and you also got an awesome glow in the dark poster.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    For the couple of negatives it was an incredible show.
    So glad we finally got some solo shows as sfter the 2/3 US tours and the Oz solo tour I didn't think we would ever get one.

For all the history in the Apollo I still think the gigs would have been better in the Union Chapel but I'm biased as thats on my side of London haha
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Amazing show, full of so many great moments. I loved the songs he did with Glen Hansard, their voices sounded incredible together, particularly on Falling Slowly, and Sleepless Nights from the front of the stage with no PA! And we got an amazing poster, the pictures that have been posted don't do justice to how good this bad boy looks in real life!

My one and only disappointment is that we didn't get Long Road, but I'm just nit-picking now.
  • Options
    simonortonsimonorton Posts: 173
    Whoever is in front row tonight, I'll pay you to hold up a board saying

"NO WHOOPS
    NO CAMERAS"

Am liking the idea. Just wish it wasn't needed. It doesn't work either ... I replied to someone last night who was tweeting the stream to say, hey rather than fiddling with your phone all night why not just - y'know - enjoy the gig ? It's a pain in the ass to others to be distracted by that all night.

The response ... ?

"Not my issue bud" A forwarding of the links above was later met with a 'Fuck off" -*sighs*-

That from someone who claims to be "An avid Pearl Jam follower". Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that partly about being cool to each other ?
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Ed did make a comment very early on about the photgraphy and he decided to give different poses and made it very funny. I think that was around the second song in. The rest of the show just kicked off and was brilliant. He mentioned about this being the first time playing in Hammersmith Apollo with references to the Who. The place went bananas. But we were all there to witness Eds first gig in London and he was sincere, brilliant, talented and deserved every single standing ovation he got even from the outset.
    I'll not forget tonights gig for a long time. Seen Pearl Jam 16 times including MSG (yeah that one) and Alpine Valley both nights. Its a beautiful experience seeing Ed solo and Glen is quite similar in style and compliments him. Glens voice is unbelievable and I still feel that he holds back. But man that boy can push it vocally.
    Its very different to seeing Pearl Jam, very different. You get to see Ed being Ed and it was really cute seeing Olivia bring out his Uke and he gave her a kiss.
    Cant wait to see him again tomorrow. Oh the song that he sang with Glen without mics was just unbelievable. You could hear a pin drop. Jesus they know how to put on a show. I had to try hold my breath so I wouldnt be noisy and everything for that song. Place went mental when it finished. Oh and for the woman who asked about Betterman. It was a new? uke version that I've never heard before. Different tones of singing too which was very interesting. Im a fan of the PJ one but it was lovely to hear it different. The Springsteen song was fuckin rocking. There should have been one more song though. Thats the only criticism I could give. The crowd wanted more. But its the first night so maybe tomorrow when they catch up on themselves from travelling we can rock out a bit more. Lukin was savage!
    Its a wild wish but SOLAT would be triumphant tomorrow.

Yeah, It´s the 'new' Betterman! He also played it in Amsterdam. I believe the first time they did this version was Bridge school 2010, am I right?

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)