2 PARTY BUSES FROM DOWNTOWN MILWAUKEE TO ALPINE FOR SUNDAY!!

daneski70daneski70 Posts: 235
edited October 2013 in The Porch
Hello All,

My name is Peter and I'm local here in Milwaukee. I have 10 people that are going to the Sunday show at Alpine and we are thinking about renting a party bus to get there. I wanted to check with you guys and gals to see if anybody would be interested in joining us! This monster holds 50 people, has a 1500 watt stereo system with outdoor tower speakers for our tailgate party ,upper party deck(see pic below), and even a stripper pole! Here are a few pics of the bus with a link to additional photo's, it's AWESOME!

http://www.partridgefamilypartybus.com/ ... ction.html.

cool-bus-1.jpg

cool-bus-4.jpg

it's the bus at the bottom of the page called "Cool Bus". I spoke with the owner of the bus today his name is "Party Bus Donny" and he says the bus holds up to 50 people but to keep it comfortable and with all the coolers and gear people will be bringing for this all day event, Donny suggested we keep the number to no more than 40 people. With 40 people going, the price per person is $30 a piece. It's actually going to be $35 a piece with the BS $100 bus Alpine charges!

The bus would be leaving from the corner of Water Street and Juneau Ave in Downtown Milwaukee on Sunday the 4th between 9:00 and 10:00 in the morning or earlier.This is a great pick up and drop off location for any of you that are staying in downtown Milwaukee hotels. There's a Pick and Save Metro Market just 3 blocks away to load up on any food and drink you want to bring!

If there is enough interest, I will contact "Party Bus Donny" and put a deposit down to hold the bus for that Sunday. Like I mentioned above, I have ten people that are going, so there are 30 seats available. If your interested or have any questions, please let me know. I can also be reached via email at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:pdane70@yahoo.com">pdane70@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->

THE BUS #1 HAS BEEN FILLED! PM FOR A RESERVATION ON BUS #2

1) Peter/Milwaukee-PAID BBQ
2) Dan/Milwaukee-PAID BBQ
3) John/Milwaukee-PAID BBQ
4) Amanda/Milwaukee-PAID BBQ
5) Tom/Madison-PAID BBQ
6) Chris/Madison-PAID BBQ
7) Amber/Milwaukee-PAID BBQ
8) Brian/Indiana-PAID
9) Matt/ Indiana-PAID
10) Jon/ Arkansas-PAID
11) Luke/Arkansas-PAID
12) Kyle/Canada-PAID BBQ
13) Joel/Canada-PAID BBQ
14) Anthony/Canada-PAID BBQ
15) Darryel/Canada
16) Suzi/Los Angeles-PAID BBQ
17) Elana/NJ-PAID BBQ
18) Tim/NJ-PAID BBQ
19) Chris/Iowa-PAID
20) Jessica/Chicago-PAID
21) Dan/Chicago-PAID
22) JaneDoe/Chicago-PAID
23) Red/NY-PAID
24) Ryan/Massachusetts-PAID
25) Greg/Massachusetts-PAID
26) Aidan/Ireland-PAID BBQ
27) Pa/Ireland-PAID BBQ
28) Andy/Massachusetts-PAID
29) Nick/ Massachusetts-PAID
31) Jason/San Diego-PAID
32) Rebecca/San Diego-PAID
33) Jeff/Iowa-PAID
34) Mitch/Iowa-PAID
35) Phil/Iowa-PAID
36) Matt/Iowa-PAID
37) Red Mosqito/San Jose, CA-PAID
38) Patrick/Philadelphia-PAID
39) Laura/Chicago
40) Charlie/Pennsylvania-PAID BBQ
41) Lance/Milwaukee-PAIDBBQ
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• daneski70daneski70 Posts: 235
    party bus update. I have officially reserved the bus for the Sunday show!
    4 more seats have been reserved. 26 seats still available!
  • HoosierJamHoosierJam Posts: 104
    me and 3 others are staying in brookefield area but would maybe be willing to get in on this so we would have one night not having to keep a DD. It would be a stretch to ask you to stop and pick us up on the way, so would there be somewhere near the pick up spot that we could park for the day? I had checked out the bus a couple months ago thinking i could get a group together like this, but didnt get enough response to even start looking into it. so if theres a way for us to park near the pick up, we'd probably be interested. unless you wanna pick us up on the way! hahaha!
    nothing as it seems.....
    I actually chose this pick up location because there's a parking lot right on this corner that probably holds 1500 cars and is right off the highway. The lot is really only used on weekend nights because of the location to all the downtown bars. The lot is 99% empty on Sunday mornings with only a handful of cars that had been left there from people who had way to much to drink on Saturday night and did not drive.

On a Sunday morning, you guys are looking at a 15 to 20 minute ride max right to the parking lot. If you have any further questions, let me know.
    Update

There has been some interest in the party bus. There are a total of 16 seats that have been reserved so far leaving 24 seats still available. In order to keep the cost to $30 per person, we need to get 40 people on board. I put a reserve/hold on the bus until August 5th. If we don't get to 40 people, the reservation will be gone!

If you do want to climb aboard, please let me know before August 5th. We already have one group that has said they will bring the beer pong table!

any questions, let me know
    thanks! I would say count us in for 4 people
    nothing as it seems.....
    edited July 2011
    HoosierJam you have 4 seats reserved! Please add names of the people in your group and where your from to the list.

1) Peter/Milwaukee
    2) Dan/Milwaukee
    3) John/Milwaukee
    4) Amanda/Milwaukee
    5) Tom/Madison
    6) Chris/Madison
    7) Amber/Milwaukee
    8) Emily/Milwaukee
    9) Kara/Milwaukee
    10) Brian/Indiana
    11) Matt/ Indiana
    12) Jon/ Arkansas
    13) Luke/ Arkansas
    14) Canada
    15) Canada
    16) Canada
    17) Canada
    18) LA
    Post edited by daneski70 on
    22 seats still available!
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    That "dance pole" is worthless without strippers and a camera.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    I think once that bus is parked and the drinks start flowing and the music starts playing it won't take long at all for people to get dancing on that Pole!
    Brian- Indiana
    Matt- Indiana
    Jon- Arkansas
    Luke- Arkansas
    nothing as it seems.....
    Updated list

1) Peter/Milwaukee
    2) Dan/Milwaukee
    3) John/Milwaukee
    4) Amanda/Milwaukee
    5) Tom/Madison
    6) Chris/Madison
    7) Amber/Milwaukee
    8) Emily/Milwaukee
    9) Kara/Milwaukee
    10) Brian/Indiana
    11) Matt/Indiana
    12) Jon/Arkansas
    13) Luke/Arkansas
    14) Canada
    15) Canada
    16) Canada
    17) Canada
    18) LA
    Seating update

we are half way there! Only 20 seats left on the "Party Bus"

1) Peter/Milwaukee
    2) Dan/Milwaukee
    3) John/Milwaukee
    4) Amanda/Milwaukee
    5) Tom/Madison
    6) Chris/Madison
    7) Amber/Milwaukee
    8) Emily/Milwaukee
    9) Kara/Milwaukee
    10) Brian/Indiana
    11) Matt/ Indiana
    12) Jon/ Arkansas
    13) Luke/ Arkansas
    14) Canada
    15) Canada
    16) Canada
    17) Canada
    18) Suzi/ LA
    19) Elana
    20) Elana's husband
  • ChiTownTimChiTownTim Posts: 33
    maybe i missed it but do you have details such as how long it takes to get to get from Milwaukee to Alpine and what it departs from Alpine to Milwaukee?
    Tim

Never underestimate the power of music; it's a beautiful thing.
    Hi Tim,

we are looking at leaving Sunday morning between 9 and 10. I heard the the gates open between 10 and 11 with the first band going on at noon. Milwaukee to Alpine is about 44 miles and takes about 50 minutes to an hour to get there. If you've never been to Alpine, leaving is a whole different thing. It usually takes a good hour to get out of the parking lot. Most people will head back to there vehicles and chill with a beer or light there grill up again and wait for most of the traffic to move out.

I would say we will be out of the parking lot between 12:30 and 1:00 and arriving back in Milwaukee between 1:30 and 2:00. Hopefully with enough time to make last call on Waterstreet!
    Seating update

we are half way there! Only 20 seats left on the "Party Bus"

1) Peter/Milwaukee
    2) Dan/Milwaukee
    3) John/Milwaukee
    4) Amanda/Milwaukee
    5) Tom/Madison
    6) Chris/Madison
    7) Amber/Milwaukee
    8) Emily/Milwaukee
    9) Kara/Milwaukee
    10) Brian/Indiana
    11) Matt/ Indiana
    12) Jon/ Arkansas
    13) Luke/ Arkansas
    14) Canada
    15) Canada
    16) Canada
    17) Canada
    18) Suzi/ LA
    19) Elana/NJ
    20) Tim/NJ
    Does anybody know exactly what time the parking lot opens?
    Hello All!

I've had several email discussions regarding payment method for the bus. It seems the general consensus is to set up a Paypal account for payment. I did set up a Paypal account today to make it easy for all that are going to pay in advance. For those that have a Paypal account you know how it works. Once your logged in, search for <!-- e --><a href="mailto:pdane70@yahoo.com">pdane70@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->. For those of you that do not have a Paypal account, PM me with your email address and I will send you the link with instructions as well as my cell phone number if you have any questions.

Once you have made your $30 payment please email me what number or who you are on the list and how many people you paid for so I can put the word "paid" next to your name on the list. Like I said before, if anybody has any questions, please let me know.
    1) Peter/Milwaukee-PAID
    2) Dan/Milwaukee-PAID
    3) John/Milwaukee
    4) Amanda/Milwaukee
    5) Tom/Madison-PAID
    6) Chris/Madison
    7) Amber/Milwaukee
    8) Emily/Milwaukee-PAID
    9) Kara/Milwaukee-PAID
    10) Brian/Indiana
    11) Matt/ Indiana
    12) Jon/ Arkansas
    13) Luke/ Arkansas
    14) Canada
    15) Canada
    16) Canada
    17) Canada
    18) Suzi/ LA
    19) Elana/NJ
    20) Tim/NJ
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Between 9 and 10?? :o ....
    Do we need to be there right when the gates open? Could be a rough morning! I guess there's no way to make 40 people happy with the times....I honestly don't care either way.
    This is going to be such a blast :)
    I don't feel bad for you guys and gals that get to go to both nights and may be a bit tired! I'll bring the donuts and OJ Sunday morning!
    Here's a great youtube video of them playing Alpine 8-29-1992 for Lollapalooza! I hope they play this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb0nGG4- ... re=related
    here's another amazing song and video from that day as well! I doubt Eddie will be doing any climbing this time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWoh_DUu54g
    I sent an email to Alpine regarding what time the parking lot will open each day. There response, "the parking lot will open each day at 10 a.m. with the first band going on at noon"
    daneski70 wrote:
    I don't feel bad for you guys and gals that get to go to both nights and may be a bit tired! I'll bring the donuts and OJ Sunday morning!
    :lol:
    Ya, prob a bit much to ask for sympathy. I've sufferend thru worse ;)
    Glad to see HoosierJam's bringing 3 of the 4 evangelists, we might need to be saved by the end of this trip ;)

We need others to join the party - spread the word porch dwellers! I personally don't mind payin $60 for this thing if need be, but the more the merrier....
    daneski70 wrote:
    :lol:
    Ya, prob a bit much to ask for sympathy. I've sufferend thru worse ;)
    Glad to see HoosierJam's bringing 3 of the 4 evangelists, we might need to be saved by the end of this trip ;)

We need others to join the party - spread the word porch dwellers! I personally don't mind payin $60 for this thing if need be, but the more the merrier....

hahaha, that i will be! i will also be bringing a few cases of homebrew specially made, named, and labeled for our "special" weekend to hand out to all on the bus to partake in!
    nothing as it seems.....
    I'm really looking forward to that home brew as well as some fine Canadian imports HINT HINT! Just an FYI, I spoke with Party Bus Donny today to keep him in the loop. I asked him about the stereo on the bus and he told me it has a $4000 stereo system on it! Once we park he fires up a generator and weather permitting, has giant tower speakers he sets up outside.This is going to be a blast!!!!!!!!!!
    daneski70 wrote:
    I'm really looking forward to that home brew as well as some fine Canadian imports HINT HINT! Just an FYI, I spoke with Party Bus Donny today to keep him in the loop. I asked him about the stereo on the bus and he told me it has a $4000 stereo system on it! Once we park he fires up a generator and weather permitting, has giant tower speakers he sets up outside.This is going to be a blast!!!!!!!!!!
    :o
    NICE!
    We're gonna be the life of the party! I like the platform on top of the bus too!

HoosierJam - Special PJ20 beer???? Man, you're pulling out all the stops...think we picked the right bus to hop...
    I'll look into how it would work to bring some local micro's out there...I've never tried to travel with booze before, i've always bought it at the airport duty-free when going to the states...but I don't think they'd carry any micro-brews. If it's possible, we'll make it happen.
  • bump........NEED MORE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah we do!

COME ON PEARL JAM PARTY PEOPLE, WHERE YOU AT!!!!