That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Back in the day, Vans were primarily a skate shoe and you could only really find them at skate/surf shops. Bought them for years at $15-$20 a pair. Now they have outlet stores and mall stores everywhere, and it's hard to find a decent pair that aren't slip-ons for under $50. Couldn't believe the last time I went into a Vans store and saw women's dress shoes, Hello Kitty shoes, purses, and color schemes that pretty much made me want to vomit. I still buy 'em from time to time - but only when I saw a pair I like on clearance for $30 or less. The outlet store here in Vegas has buy one, get one 1/2 off most of the time, so when my kids need a pair, I might pick one up as well.

Back in my day, there were only a few choices..the #95 were the actual blue skateboard shoes that came in low and high top...#44, the canvas slip-ons...and the canvas with laces. My dad was in the shoe business back then, so I was always trying to get him to barter with Van Doren!

Nice! Yeah, the 95's have always been my fave. Same thing happened to Airwalks - they had 3 styles - the 360 (lo-top), 540 (mids), and the 720 (hi-top) in a few color schemes. I guess it's cool to have choices and variety, but they changed from a shoe of FUNCTION to a shoe of FASHION.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    janvanderdamjanvanderdam Posts: 524
    Did anyone who ordered these receive them already?
  • Options
    dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    RKCNDY wrote:
    samjam wrote:

EDIT: Damn! The smallest size they offer is equivalent to a women's 8 :(

I have really tiny feet too...if they offered them in kids sizes I could buy a pair.

Same with me! The smallest women's size is an 8? that does not help me at all haha! I like the brighter ones better.
  • Options
    nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    Has anyone figured out how to get these internationally?
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Has anyone figured out how to get these internationally?
    I'm waiting for the 10C version, hopefully they'll ship here. Otherwise, I'll have to get a pair sent to my friend in the US.
  • Options
    Kiwi In OzKiwi In Oz Canberra Posts: 266
    Please 10c, let us know how we can get these in Oz?
    When I emailed Vans Australia, their reply was 'this is a US only style and not available in Australia.'
    :shock:
    1995 - Auckland, New Zealand
    1998 - Wellington + Auckland, New Zealand
    2000 - London, UK x 2
    2006 - Melbourne, Australia x 3
    2009 - Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland
    2010 - Newark, MSG x 2
    2011 - PJ20 & EV Brisbane 2, Canberra, Melbourne x 2, Adelaide 1, Perth 2
    2013 - San Diego, Los Angeles, Oakland, Portland, Vancouver, Seattle
    2014 - Auckland, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney & EV - Sydney x 2
    2015 - Mexico City
    2016 - Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Hampton, Fenway x 2
    2023 - Fort Worth x 2, Austin x 2
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Am I the only one that likes the green/yellow ones? Kinda reminds me of crazy '90s colors.
    i love em... but hey, sounds like they'll be around long enough for me to save up some $ based on public opinion :lol:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Didn't realize how many bands have done this....I like the Pixies ones. Really hope the 10C edition are better looking than the first batch....

My friend just picked these up....Suicidal Tendencies:

suicidal_tendencies_vansjpg.jpg?w=300&h=300

Mastodon:
    1_143985_FS.JPG

Bad Brains
    bad-brains-sk8-hi-1.jpg?t=1245168586

Slayer
    vans-slayer-spring-2009-01.jpg

Rob Zombie
    BGAMRZ23.JPG

Killswitch Engage
    vans_killswitch_engage.jpg

Pixies
    518-403x806.JPG

And of course, KISS has done pretty much every album cover - like 5 different pairs I've noticed so far :lol:
  • Options
    in eds treein eds tree Denver Posts: 539
    i <3 my pj vans hi tops :) i bought both styles (feel for ya ladies with tiny feet...but i have big ol' swamp jumpers with a size 9). i love that the vans box says "pj" and the tissue paper is a picture of pj playing live! so rad.
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    bazzer wrote:
    I'm waiting for the 10C version, hopefully they'll ship here.

I'm waiting too.
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    If they released nice PJ Converse then i'd be first in line to buy them :mrgreen: ...

I was thinking of filling in the dotted line on this pair of Converse that I own to make my own PJ shoes before I saw Ed in March, but decided to wear a different pair instead so I didn't fill in the dots!

Converse%20One.jpg
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    I'm waiting for the 10C version, hopefully they'll ship here.

I'm waiting too.
    Are they still coming, I wonder? I hope so, or shall I just get these other ones while the dollar is still good? Hmmm...
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I've been eyeing these for the last week. Should I buy?
  • Options
    I think I prefer the original to the 10C ones. That's a shame because vans.com won't ship to NZ.
  • Options
    DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 325
    You guys would buy anything they pimp. All this pj20 shit they keep comimg up with to sell has turned me off. Why In the hell I renewed my membership ill never know.
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    You guys would buy anything they pimp. All this pj20 shit they keep comimg up with to sell has turned me off. Why In the hell I renewed my membership ill never know.

Just so you have the privilege to shit on a whole bunch of people, of course! Next year, rethink the membership renewal.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    I actually quite like the flannel vans regardless of if it has PJ on it. I guess you don't own any merch? Fair enough, no one is forcing you!
  • Options

Just so you have the privilege to shit on a whole bunch of people, of course! Next year, rethink the membership renewal.
    :thumbup:
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    i like the flannel slip ons the best but they look a bit too much like slippers for my liking, so i'll pass.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 325

No rethinking to it. Elvis is leaving the building...
  • Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318

yes, it is a lot, but isn't it also getting harder for bands to make $$ these days with downloading and shit? don't they have to get more creative in order to bring in more $$? just my opinion, am i wrong? idk...

i don't buy everything...i can't. i love vans, i already own 5 pairs...they are shoes, a necessity, so i bought some. and i will wear them...other bands have done the same thing, so pj is not the first.

i think of all the merch as trying to have a wide selection of stuff so we can have a decent choice. some peeps collect stickers, posters, whatever...

i renew my membership every year so i can have access to 10c ticket sales. the merch is icing on the cake, and gifts that i buy for myself. no one else in my life will buy me what i really want (pj merch), so i buy it myself :D
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    These are fucking ugly.

Can these be made available at the PJ20 merch stand so I won't have to pay for shipping?
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    yes, it is a lot, but isn't it also getting harder for bands to make $$ these days with downloading and shit? don't they have to get more creative in order to bring in more $$? just my opinion, am i wrong? idk...

that's debatable. i don't think bands ever really made alot of money from record sales, i think the big winner there is the record company. i think legal downloading would be more profitable for a band if they cut out the record label, as it would cost them alot less to produce then a physical product. although i believe you can never stop illegal downloading there has been discussion of late that most early leaks come from the cd production companies. the main one was the new Kanye/Jay Z album which is an itunes exclusive, no physical cd and it did not leak early. and alot of albums that have been legally made available before a physical release have also not leaked before their release date.

but i guess all this is a whole other topic. shoes, how good are shoes.

wish there was some PJ Air Force 1s.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    Wanna know how far I've gone to secure me a pair of these bad boys?

I live in Australia...Vans.com only ships to the U.S. I'm coming over for PJ20 next week.

I emailed my hotel and told them about the situation and asked if I could have two pairs shipped to the hotel under my name (one pair for wearing, one pair for keeping). They said yes. I ordered them immediately and they have now been waiting at my hotel for about 3 weeks now and will be waiting another week until I get there.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

...actually, it's not that miraculous at all. Just imagine I described the whole scenario in a really exciting manner and that sweeping strings were playing while you were reading it.
  • Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    Wanna know how far I've gone to secure me a pair of these bad boys?

I live in Australia...Vans.com only ships to the U.S. I'm coming over for PJ20 next week.

I emailed my hotel and told them about the situation and asked if I could have two pairs shipped to the hotel under my name (one pair for wearing, one pair for keeping). They said yes. I ordered them immediately and they have now been waiting at my hotel for about 3 weeks now and will be waiting another week until I get there.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

...actually, it's not that miraculous at all. Just imagine I described the whole scenario in a really exciting manner and that sweeping strings were playing while you were reading it.

:thumbup: :clap:

nice!
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    The 10C high tops are the best looking of the bunch. Mostly because they are Blazers colors. RIP Sonics.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,603
    size 13 is gone, at least I don't have to think about whether I should buy them now, lol.
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    Hinn wrote:
    Can these be made available at the PJ20 merch stand so I won't have to pay for shipping?

+1
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Jeff sure does make the shoes look hot...or is it just him? :lol:

http://offthewall.tv/video/vans_x_pearl_jam
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless