Options

Peace Shirt

LexorLexor Posts: 69
edited November 2012 in The Porch
Does anyone know where I can get a peace-sign shirt like the one Ed's always wearing? Lol
"I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks." -Stone
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I am wondering and wanting the same thing.. anyone know ??
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    The closest I have ever seen is at cafe press...not same colors though.

http://shop.cafepress.com/peace-sign?page=5 (scroll down a bit)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I love it too! I wonder if he has multiples or if it's the same one he's been wearing. I think he wears it at every other show I've been to. I'm still convinced he has like 3 Ts, 2 shirts and 2 pairs of pants :lol::lol::lol:

But I think he bought the red/green flannel especially for PJ 20
  • Options
    i thought stillhere had made some

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=187913

?
  • Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    JLintonJLinton Posts: 21
    Dang. Still no luck on the shirt. Anyone?? Pls help.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564

She got a warning from the band's lawyers I thought. I may be wrong though.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    Nope...maybe check with the admins. I'm sure they know as much as anyone, and then some.
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Options
    FitPearlFitPearl Posts: 744
    isnt this model? The first one.

http://www.google.ca/search?gcx=w&q=ved ... 24&bih=653

I think you better bring the design in a store that can make it custom!
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    I was almost positive that I saw it available at www.anonymousvenice.com

can't find it now....
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    JLintonJLinton Posts: 21
    Still no luck. Thx all. If I find it I will post it.
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 682
    Suziemay wrote:
    I'm still convinced he has like 3 Ts, 2 shirts and 2 pairs of pants :lol::lol::lol:

That's what I've always thought too :D
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Staceb10 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    I'm still convinced he has like 3 Ts, 2 shirts and 2 pairs of pants :lol::lol::lol:

I remember once when I saw PJ live and they were doing "Do The Evolution", when Ed sang, "admire my clothes", he pulled on his clothing and yelled, "Thrift store! Thrift store!" :lol:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    i thought stillhere had made some

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=187913

?

She got a warning from the band's lawyers I thought. I may be wrong though.

yep, sure did... but i think some folks ended up with one anyway
    don't ask me how ;)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I too love that t-shirt & have wondered if it's possible to get one. Sux they go all 'copyright' on it. Ed got it from somewhere + isn't it a great image to promote? I'm sure Ed would want as many people as poss to wear it.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    I too love that t-shirt & have wondered if it's possible to get one. Sux they go all 'copyright' on it. Ed got it from somewhere + isn't it a great image to promote? I'm sure Ed would want as many people as poss to wear it.

i sure don't understand it
    it doesn't have the words or symbols for PJ or EV on it
    its a peace sign
    i made my design with my own hands from scratch
    yes it resembles the ones ed wears
    but that's it
    but ....no go

i have one and wear it proudly as an expression of my convictions
    and of course, it was inspired by ed's
    many things are

i make jewelry inspired by pearl jam...as do many of us
    and that seems to be just fine

anyway.....

its a cool shirt for sure
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    StillHere wrote:
    morello wrote:

i sure don't understand it. it doesn't have the words or symbols for PJ or EV on it. its a peace sign. i made my design with my own hands from scratch. yes it resembles the ones ed wears but that's it but ....no go

i have one and wear it proudly as an expression of my convictions and of course, it was inspired by ed's
    many things are

i make jewelry inspired by pearl jam...as do many of us and that seems to be just fine

anyway..... its a cool shirt for sure
    So strange they stopped you doing. It It's not their image + it's something they should promote. Like you said there's no PJ or EV on it so what the hell copyright do they have over it?
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,505
    Lexor wrote:
    Does anyone know where I can get a peace-sign shirt like the one Ed's always wearing? Lol

The tee shirt was made by Quicksilver and has since been discontinued,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Lexor wrote:

The tee shirt was made by Quicksilver and has since been discontinued,...
    Ah thank-you. The final word on the actual t-shirt & damn. :(
    <hr>
  • Options
    ralral Posts: 13
    StillHere wrote:
    morello wrote:

its a peace sign
    but that's it
    but ....no go

many things are

anyway.....

Did you hear from the band's lawyers or Quicksilver's lawyers? If the band's lawyer/management are behind this, it's pretty funny given the abundance of "tribute" designs they've used in recent years. Off the top of my head, they've had a ton of sports logo shirts, the Molson shirt last year, and the Built to Last logo that bears a strong resemblance to the Independent Trucks logo.
  • Options
    SxDx1982SxDx1982 Posts: 124
    iamica wrote:
    Staceb10 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

I remember once when I saw PJ live and they were doing "Do The Evolution", when Ed sang, "admire my clothes", he pulled on his clothing and yelled, "Thrift store! Thrift store!" :lol:

This story made me smile. :D
    I'm still out here waiting
    Watching reruns of my life
  • Options
    ral wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    morello wrote:

its a peace sign
    but that's it
    but ....no go

many things are

anyway.....

Did you hear from the band's lawyers or Quicksilver's lawyers? If the band's lawyer/management are behind this, it's pretty funny given the abundance of "tribute" designs they've used in recent years. Off the top of my head, they've had a ton of sports logo shirts, the Molson shirt last year, and the Built to Last logo that bears a strong resemblance to the Independent Trucks logo.

it was actually quite vague just who's legal representation they were, if you get right down to the nitty gritty, as in, they didn't specifically name their client(s), but they definitely did warn me that i was violating the copyright privileges of the collective artists known as "Pearl Jam"

i think its a bunch of crap unless ed made this design through quicksilver (i think they do custom work)
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    SxDx1982 wrote:
    iamica wrote:
    Staceb10 wrote:

This story made me smile. :D

me too :D:D

i remember him telling a few stories about how he bought all his shirts for 50 cents each at goodwill or the thrift store

i find that very endearing...rather than the star-studded rock stars that are so many
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    BerasapjBerasapj Posts: 292
    This is the most similar thing I've found

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+stencil_pea ... ,184098366
    Manchester 1&2 2012

Waiting for the next PJ euro Tour

Hoping not to get drown in the wave of life
  • Options
    Berasapj wrote:
    This is the most similar thing I've found

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+stencil_pea ... ,184098366

nice one!
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    ral wrote:

don't agree with the peace shirt dispute, but it's silly to compare that to pearl jam using sports logos, beer logos for their concert apparel. only because i am sure they paid a pretty penny to use those images.
  • Options
    I looked through Quicksilvers website & started sending them a message but couldn't find a pic of Ed wearing the shirt so gave up. If we message them they might still have some somewhere??
    <hr>
  • Options
    BerasapjBerasapj Posts: 292
    There is a pic of Eddie's T in the live section of the forum from the night 2 of the bridge school, if I'm not mistaken
    Manchester 1&2 2012

Waiting for the next PJ euro Tour

Hoping not to get drown in the wave of life
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Berasapj wrote:
    There is a pic of Eddie's T in the live section of the forum from the night 2 of the bridge school, if I'm not mistaken
    Ah cool. I googled Ed at Bridge School & found this pic so I'll send Quicksilver a message.
    http://www.grammy.com/photos/eddie-vedder-0

e.t.a. Message to Quicksilver sent. I'll let you know if I get a reply.
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Ed must have a stash of these, can't be the same shirt can it? He's had it on for at least 3 of the last 6 PJ shows I've been to LoL