Options

Sirius - 24 Hour Pearl Jam channel??

LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
edited May 2010 in The Porch
This would be amazing. Archived boots 4 times a day, live feeds for the 2010 tour and rare interviews.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    More info? Sirius XM has had "single artist channels" on a temporary basis, and their E-Street and Elvis channels are more of a permanent thing.

They have had Pearl Jam in "heavy play" on Lithium a few times...there used to be a thread here "New Sirius channel to play more Pearl Jam" but I think it was deleted.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    This would be awesome. I still listen to the 24hr Pearl Jam channel on AOL.com. Lots of great cuts on there.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    VA173623VA173623 Posts: 2
    Agree 100%!!!
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,413
    Sirius does artist channels a lot...

The Who was most recent a couple months ago...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    Disco PortlandDisco Portland Posts: 1,034
    It's not Sirius...but you could always go here:

http://music.aol.com/radioguide/all-pearl-jam-radio
    1996: Seattle, WA.
    1997: Oakland, CA - (Rolling Stones)
    1998: Portland, OR. & Seattle, WA.
    2009: Portland, OR.
    2011: East Troy, WI. 1 & 2 - PJ20 & Portland, OR. - Ed Solo
    2012: Dallas, TX. - Ed Solo
    2013: Dallas, TX. Oklahoma City, OK. & Portland, OR.
    2014: Tulsa, OK
    2015: Seattle WA. - Mad Season
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Miami, FL. & Chicago, IL - Wrigley 1
    2017: Dana Point - Ohana Fest - Ed Solo
    2018: Seattle WA. 1 & 2 - Safeco
    2021: Dana Point - Ohana Fest 1st Weekend & Night 1 & 2 - Ed Solo,
    2022: Louisville, St Louis
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    It would be much better than the current Buffet/Mettalica/Deadhead channels. Ive always wanted this but it wont happen...
  • Options
    It's not Sirius...but you could always go here:

http://music.aol.com/radioguide/all-pearl-jam-radio

too repetative.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    how much does siruis cost per month again?i would consider it.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    KO282453 wrote:

$14.99
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    KO282453 wrote:
    Everyone on this board would consider it. Even the euros who can access it online.
  • Options
    JL19851JL19851 Posts: 209
    Not only would I consider getting a subscription, I'd f***in' happily work there for that. I could run a hell of a Pearl Jam channel. I am sure just about everyone here feels that way, but I could. Not to toot my own horn, but I feel like I'm the perfect mix between the spoiled fan that wants to hear a live version of "goat" and the fan that really appreciates a rockin' "Alive".
  • Options
    Sirius is something every person should own. At one time Lithium was all Pearl Jam for the week leading up to back spacer I believe, could be wrong? Played bootlegs and everything if i remember correctly. Would be great if they would come up with something like this, I'm sure they would get everyone of us on the board to buy a subscription
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • Options
    JL19851 wrote:
    Not only would I consider getting a subscription, I'd f***in' happily work there for that. I could run a hell of a Pearl Jam channel. I am sure just about everyone here feels that way, but I could. Not to toot my own horn, but I feel like I'm the perfect mix between the spoiled fan that wants to hear a live version of "goat" and the fan that really appreciates a rockin' "Alive".

please put together a set list of the best live shit. 20-25 songs pleaSe
  • Options
    mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472
    JL19851 wrote:

Hey man, every once and a while, I like getting some unnecessary album "goat" version on. I love it, and my brother and I can't listen to it without bursting into laughter.
  • Options
    JL19851JL19851 Posts: 209
    c'mon. So many ideas I can't even keep them straight.

Imagine an hour or 2 dedicated to the best of a venue...be it MSG, the Spectrum, Great Woods, etc.

Or a covers show...or a show dedicated to best of single tours.

But as far as some live versions, here are some ideas without researching it hardcore:

Release (MSG 9/11/98) - all proper shows begin with Release and this is still the best version I have heard
    Breakerfall (Showbox 12/6/02) - super intense after 4 slow songs, you can just feel the small club energy
    Whipping (Atlanta 4/3/94) - still obsessed over this version 16 years after I first heard it
    Red Mosquito (LA 3 10/6/09) w/Ben Harper - the TotD reunion is what's talked about, but this jam is nasty
    Once (Rotterdam 3/6/92) - so long as it includes the speech about people's heads falling off, still cracks me up
    Nothing As It Seems (10/31/99) - the initial version with the layering of Stone's acoustic with Mike's killer solos, thought it was the greatest thing I'd ever heard at the time
    Not For You (Soldier Field 7/11/95) - the joke's on them, cause it's not for them
    Even Flow (Randall's Island 9/28/96) w/John Popper - the harmonica solo was badass
    Present Tense (MSG 6/24/08) - crowd picks up where EV lost the lyrics, just one of those moments you don't forget
    Maggot Brain/Little Wing (Milwaukee 7/9/95) - the definitive live pearl jam moment. ever.
    Black (Saratoga 8/27/00) - the '00 tour was great for versions of Black. Just my personal favorite.
    Daughter/It's Okay (Virginia Beach 8/3/00) - very emotional moment, even from the CD
    Everyday (Lubbock, TX 10/18/00) - One of two really fun covers that year...and the other...
    Can't Help Falling in Love (Memphis 8/15/00) - the start slow go punk version.
    Porch (Pinkpop 92) - almost too easy there
    Blood (Albany 4/29/03) - great great version
    Breath (MSG 9/11/98) - one of the real definitive moment of this band in the live setting
    Crown of Thorns (MSG 7/8/03) still gives me the chills
    Alive (7/9/03) - never seen anything like it before or since
    Rockin in the Free World (Pinkpop 92) - the slow reverb lead in is too cool to not include
    Yellow Ledbetter (any version that includes the Star Spangled Banner) cause that's the right way to end a show!

EDIT: With more time, I could find asome Corduroys, Animals, Hail Hails, and plenty of covers to make skins crawl...just saying it's something I could do without a sweat cause pearl jam rocks that much!!!
  • Options
    I love, love, love the Yellow Ledbetter at the Gorge in 2006 from the first night. They did Little Wing and then right into Star-Spangled Banner.

The version at State College (5/3/03) wasn't bad either...

"I'd like to wish this war away, and I tried but it just, just don't happen, don't happen that way/And my brother...they sent him off to fight for the flag, I just, I don't hope he comes home in a box or a bag", and "And I know that he's just following his path, as long, as long as it's not a box or a bag.

In 2000, it was more about a letter and knowing what the contents were without opening it. Right around 2003, when he started singing about his brother who went off to war, the song just got so much better.

In 2003 in Columbus (my first and only show to date), they ended the show like this:

Jeremy
    Encore Break (Ed introducing the band members)
    Fuckin' Up (He even says "Thank You! Good Night! Take care of yourselves! Peace!" at the end.)
    ...There's about 1:50 of crowd noise between the last bit of the song and the end of the track. The "peace!" is about a minute after "Thank You! Good Night"

During that time, my buddy was wanting to leave. I was like "no, we're not done yet." A ton of people WERE leaving. I was like "no..stay." A few moments later, it felt like 15 minutes, I thought I heard a guitar. I was like "uhhh..ok"

All of a sudden... :)

Third encore.. "You can thank Mr. Stone Gossard for this one."

Pearl Jam researches previous set lists from when they played in a venue/city. They played YL in Columbus in 2000 and even put a Van Halen "unchained" tag in the end.

It was obvious that YL wasn't part of the plan for 2003.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I love, love, love the Yellow Ledbetter at the Gorge in 2006 from the first night. They did Little Wing and then right into Star-Spangled Banner.

The version at State College (5/3/03) wasn't bad either...

"I'd like to wish this war away, and I tried but it just, just don't happen, don't happen that way/And my brother...they sent him off to fight for the flag, I just, I don't hope he comes home in a box or a bag", and "And I know that he's just following his path, as long, as long as it's not a box or a bag.

In 2000, it was more about a letter and knowing what the contents were without opening it. Right around 2003, when he started singing about his brother who went off to war, the song just got so much better.

In 2003 in Columbus (my first and only show to date), they ended the show like this:

Jeremy
    Encore Break (Ed introducing the band members)
    Fuckin' Up (He even says "Thank You! Good Night! Take care of yourselves! Peace!" at the end.)
    ...There's about 1:50 of crowd noise between the last bit of the song and the end of the track. The "peace!" is about a minute after "Thank You! Good Night"

During that time, my buddy was wanting to leave. I was like "no, we're not done yet." A ton of people WERE leaving. I was like "no..stay." A few moments later, it felt like 15 minutes, I thought I heard a guitar. I was like "uhhh..ok"

All of a sudden... :)

Third encore.. "You can thank Mr. Stone Gossard for this one."

Pearl Jam researches previous set lists from when they played in a venue/city. They played YL in Columbus in 2000 and even put a Van Halen "unchained" tag in the end.

It was obvious that YL wasn't part of the plan for 2003.

Thats cool, make security drag you out i always say.
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    JL19851 wrote:

EDIT: With more time, I could find asome Corduroys, Animals, Hail Hails, and plenty of covers to make skins crawl...just saying it's something I could do without a sweat cause pearl jam rocks that much!!!

thanks man. I'm gonna take look at these.
  • Options
    I love this idea. As mentioned some of you indicated those heavy play weekends. I believe the last one was called the "Pearl Jam B-sides themselve weekend" or something like that and they were claiming to be playing deeper, lesser known songs from the albums and live shows. This was some time ago though. A great concept for the casual fan because as we all know those on here have heard it all before....nothing deep or new to us. Great to have PJ available more often though and you know what I always say.......

"there is no such thing as too much PJ"!

Can't wait for Belfast and Dublin!!!!!!!
    Monkey Wrench

Molson Park, Barrie - Aug 92
    CNE, Toronto - Aug 93
    Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto - Sep 96
    Molson Park, Barrie - Aug 98
    Air Canada Center, Toronto - Oct 00
    Copps Collesium, Hamilton - Sep 05
    ACC, Toronto - Sep 05
    ACC - Toronto - Tour Launch - Show I - May 06
    Chicago, IL - August 2009
    East Troy WI - Sept 3 & 4 2011 - PJ TWENTY
    Toronto, Ontario - Sept 11, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland - June 2010
    Belfast, Ireland - June 2010
    Buffalo, NY - Oct 2013
    Toronto, Canada - May 2016
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    This would be awesome. I still listen to the 24hr Pearl Jam channel on AOL.com. Lots of great cuts on there.
    I listen to the AOL station a lot too. Its been around for a few years now. They play pretty much everything, but they will repeat their playlist at least a couple times a day. It does get repetitive. But awesome nonetheless. Besides, by now, everyone pretty much has every song they have ever done. Unlike yesteryear, the songs are pretty easy to get.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    A few minutes ago, I heard Elderly Woman on SiriusXM's Lithium channel.
  • Options
    http://shoutcast.com/shoutcast_player?stationid=527167&Genre=Grunge&ContentFlag=1&isCallInternal=&related=

This is what I listen to at work most days. They throw in quite a bit of live stuff and covers. My coworkers complained that I needed to lower the volume the other day.I normally wouldn't be embarrassed by this request, but I listen on headphones..in an office :oops:
    I'm still alive..
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,845
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:

$14.99

That's a lot more then what my bro was offered a month. He bought a new 2010 car & was given Siruis Radio free for 3 month's. Lithium - The Alternative station was one channel we liked but it was very repetitive. They gave him a call 3 month's later (after the free Siruris offer) & asked if he wanted to keep Siruis for 10 dollars Canadian a month. He said no. What for when you have an iPod you can fill up with hundreds of your favorite songs & play it through your car stereo system. Week later they called him back & wanted his business. He still said no.
  • Options
    I would really love to get an all PJ station going on live365 or shoutcast. Me thinks it could be easily done
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    [quote="demetrios"

That's a lot more then what my bro was offered a month. He bought a new 2010 car & was given Siruis Radio free for 3 month's. Lithium - The Alternative station was one channel we liked but it was very repetitive. They gave him a call 3 month's later (after the free Siruris offer) & asked if he wanted to keep Siruis for 10 dollars Canadian a month. He said no. What for when you have an iPod you can fill up with hundreds of your favorite songs & play it through your car stereo system. Week later they called him back & wanted his business. He still said no.[/quote]

Huh. I got Sirius for a YEAR free when I got a 2010 .
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,845
    Lizard wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

That's a lot more then what my bro was offered a month. He bought a new 2010 car & was given Siruis Radio free for 3 month's. Lithium - The Alternative station was one channel we liked but it was very repetitive. They gave him a call 3 month's later (after the free Siruris offer) & asked if he wanted to keep Siruis for 10 dollars Canadian a month. He said no. What for when you have an iPod you can fill up with hundreds of your favorite songs & play it through your car stereo system. Week later they called him back & wanted his business. He still said no.

Huh. I got Sirius for a YEAR free when I got a 2010 .

Which company? He got a Honda 2010 car & Sirius was only given to all Honda customer's who bought a new car 3 month's of service.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/elec ... -radio.htm

"If you’re shopping for a new car, you’ll find numerous models with optional satellite-capable radios, often with a starter subscription—from three months to a year—included in the car’s purchase price. But you may have little choice about which service you get. Most carmakers have partnered with either Sirius or XM and offer receivers designed to work only with one or the other. "

You must of payed the full year in your car's purchase price for a full year. If not, sweet score indeed.
  • Options
    AO JammaAO Jamma Posts: 53
    THIS IS SO NEEDED!!

I love my satellite radio but I've been wondering for a while now why there isn't a PJ station. I think they have a large enough library of songs. Plus boots, it would be easy to fill all the timeslots with different material. Also, like the GD station and the Buffet station you can throw in artists that either inspired PJ, like the Ramones, or if you still need material artists similar to PJ, like Temple of the Dog or STP.

I'd never change the station.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Been lucky to attend every show in New England since 1996.
  • Options
    Nuzpaper.Nuzpaper. Posts: 112
    SHOUTcast has a 24 hour PJ stream online. Iphone app also available
  • Options
    joebotjoebot Posts: 372
    I bought sirius for howard stern but a PJ channel would make me keep it after stern retires.