Options

We LOVE Even Flow thread!!!!!

BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,933
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Ok, i know a lot of people out there are a little anti Even Flow because hey they play it at every show! (and i can understand)

However it has been my fave since day 1!!!!!!!

Anyone out there LOVE this song like me...surely there are a few of you who want it played every show like me?

The count in, the rhythm riff, mikes solo, crowd singing, lately Matts drum solo.

Just love it!

peace Brendan
Melbourne #1 '98
Melbourne #2 '03
Melbourne #3 '03
Melbourne #1 '06
Melbourne #3 '06
Melbourne '09
Melbourne '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Fu ManchuFu Manchu Posts: 168
    Great song but I was made up that they didn't play it at Wembley in 07.

I'd stop the drum solo nonsense and let Mike rip for longer instead.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    Count me in. It's everything the band used to be about... Stone's funkiness, a great bass groove, organic drumming (as opposed to current mathematical precision), Mike wailing, a song that rocks hard without having to race to the end... they let the tune breathe and unfold at its own pace. It's a stellar song and I love hearing it in the set still. There are plenty of other songs I'd see retire before this one.
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    yes indeed i do L O V E this song.
    so much so that i have 5 butterflies and the words "thoughts arrive" as a permanent part of my shoulder

and in honor of SENROCK!
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
    who has to be the biggest fan of this song i've ever met
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    The song that hooked me. Still love it. In my top 5 favorite PJ songs.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Still love the song. Still get excited everytime I hear the first note. But it is the song I will use the bathroom for if needed.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095

The count in, the rhythm riff, mikes solo, mikes solo ,mikes solo, crowd singing, lately Matts drum solo.

Just love it!

:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol:8-)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I look forward to hearing it in Chicago!
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I DISAGREE!!! PJ plays Even Flow as an obligation to casual fans. If you listen closely, Ed isn't really that into singing the song anymore and can you blame him?

IMO, Ed puts it on the setlist almost everynight to appease Mike. The song clearly allows Mike to rip some solos and each version is different from the next. Why don't they just skip to solo and add another song to the setlist???
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Ok, i know a lot of people out there are a little anti Even Flow because hey they play it at every show! (and i can understand)

However it has been my fave since day 1!!!!!!!

Anyone out there LOVE this song like me...surely there are a few of you who want it played every show like me?

The count in, the rhythm riff, mikes solo, crowd singing, lately Matts drum solo.

Just love it!

peace Brendan
    one of the best songs ever..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    NO MORE SPEEDY-FLOW. PLEASE BRING THE 'GROOOOVE' BACK THIS SONG ONCE HAD!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I DISAGREE!!! PJ plays Even Flow as an obligation to casual fans. If you listen closely, Ed isn't really that into singing the song anymore and can you blame him?

IMO, Ed puts it on the setlist almost everynight to appease Mike. The song clearly allows Mike to rip some solos and each version is different from the next. Why don't they just skip to solo and add another song to the setlist???

how do you so clearly know this? :?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I love the whole "casual fan" thing... like it's not a song that made us ALL fans of PJ...
  • Options
    NO MORE SPEEDY-FLOW. PLEASE BRING THE 'GROOOOVE' BACK THIS SONG ONCE HAD!
    QFT!!

It sounds SO much better when it's slow and groovy.
  • Options
    cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    That song never gets old... I've been listening to Ten for (holy crap has it REALLY been that long?) years, and the whole album still kicks ass. The remastered version was fantastic too - listen to Garden with some high end headphones and it'll send chills down your spine.

As for in concert... play it loud, play it funky, and play it every damn night. Let Mike do his thing and let rip with a solo that makes us guitarists in the crowd jealous as hell 8-)
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    THOUGHTS ARRIVE LIKE BUTTERFLIES....
    butterflies-6.gif

When they start playing...you can't help but get into it (I hope)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options

how do you so clearly know this? :?

Yeah i heard somewhere that Ed loved the song, and said something like it being the quintessential PJ song?! and of course Mike rates it as one of his faves to play!

The way Stone rocked on Conan even he will be ripping a massive groove for Even Flow this Tour!!!!!!!!!!

Love the drum count in to!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    count me in!
    even flows one of my favourite songs, i'll never complain if they play it at every show i go to!
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    from SENROCK! via pm
    SENROCK! wrote:
    YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!!!! :D I was reading the porch and seen this thread title and was like OH SNAP i wish i could post!!!!! This is why you are AwESOME!!!! Give my props to that thread please!!!! ALL HAIL THE EVENFLOW PSYCHOS!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    Even flow is great.
    Two days ago I found Mookie Blaylock demo. Even flow is just amazing there. I can't stop listening this version.
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i've been back into it since redux. the fast version on tour didn't feel as meaningful

i love listening when i'm running.
    i look insane everytime with a fist pump and a scream for the "YEAA!!....WHOO!!"
  • Options
    evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    I got really flattered, and then realized you're talking about the song...

I'm with the "I love this song live" camp. The recorded version is cool and all, but live, that's how EF should be experienced. Come to think of the same goes for me as well :D .
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • Options
    evenflow wrote:
    I got really flattered, and then realized you're talking about the song...

I'm with the "I love this song live" camp. The recorded version is cool and all, but live, that's how EF should be experienced. Come to think of the same goes for me as well :D .

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You rock Dude!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    I always say this and each time I do I mean it more - Pearl Jam could play nothing but Even Flow at a show and I would LOVE it!!! Wah!! :D:D:D
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    I always say this and each time I do I mean it more - Pearl Jam could play nothing but Even Flow at a show and I would LOVE it!!! Wah!! :D:D:D

Id love a front row seat at that show too!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    from SENROCK! via pm
    SENROCK! wrote:
    YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!!!! :D I was reading the porch and seen this thread title and was like OH SNAP i wish i could post!!!!! This is why you are AwESOME!!!! Give my props to that thread please!!!! ALL HAIL THE EVENFLOW PSYCHOS!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

see you soon SENROCK ;)

yes the song still kicks ass

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Great Rockin' song!!!...luv it live...always gets me going ;)
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Love it, it is in my username....
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796
    WAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    firecrotch23firecrotch23 Posts: 586
    love the song but i use it as my pee breaks at every show, i always make it back before the song is done :mrgreen:
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    bleh