Options

Vapouriser

Fred MosquitoFred Mosquito Posts: 69
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Thinking of getting a vapouriser for smoking herb, dont know alot about em but interested to find out more:

Is using a vapourisor less harmful than smoking a joint (I dont use tobacco)?

Is it a different kind of high?

Can anyone recommend a good one & what will I need to spend?

I know there's one or two herbalists on here so hope someone can help me out with this.

Fred
buy the ticket, take the ride.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    It's the least harmful way to inhale. Eating your weed is the least harmful, but most unpredictable in my opinion.

Joints don't have tobacco in them, the smoke is harsher from a joint than other forms of smoking.

If you want a Vaporizer get the Volcano and call it a day. The only problem is that it's $500
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Joints don't have tobacco in them, the smoke is harsher from a joint than other forms of smoking.

thanks for that, I'm in the UK where most people put tobacco in their joints, I dont, but thanks for clearing up what a joint is ;) .
    If you want a Vaporizer get the Volcano and call it a day. The only problem is that it's $500

Holy fuck $500, is it worth it?
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    It's the least harmful way to inhale. Eating your weed is the least harmful, but most unpredictable in my opinion.

Why is it most unpredictable? I wanna eat space food when I got to Netherlands for PJ.
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:

Why is it most unpredictable? I wanna eat space food when I got to Netherlands for PJ.
    You just never know how strong someone made them ;)

I'd think in the Netherlands it would be more consistent.
    NERDS!
  • Options

Holy fuck $500, is it worth it?

My buddy has one and it's the best and smoothest thing I've ever used, and it's super easy. There are some cheaper handheld ones that look OK for about $150 but I've never tried them.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    You just never know how strong someone made them

Look up a coffee shop called abraxus & get some of their hash brownies, best I've ever had, pretty strong though so be careful.
  • Options

Look up a coffee shop called abraxus & get some of their hash brownies, best I've ever had, pretty strong though so be careful.

I've only ever had a few toke of a spliff before and nothing else so how much to eat is advised?
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:

I've only ever had a few toke of a spliff before and nothing else so how much to eat is advised?
    Eat one and wait about 45 min then decide from there.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Eat one and wait about 45 min then decide from there.

what he said.

The grass muffins are more mellow but those brownies are awesome.
  • Options
    Cool thanks a lot!

Any idea how much this stuff costs?

How long does a trip last for if it goes wrong?
  • Options
    Cool thanks a lot!

Last time I was there the brownies were about 10 euro's for 3 small ones. The effects last a good few hours but the intensity starts to decrease after a coupla hours I'd say. That said everyone is different so just try a small amount first, if you make it to abraxas the staff are great, eplain to them that you dont have lots of smoking experience & they will advise you.

Fuck I wanna go to Amsterdam now.
  • Options
    Cool thanks a lot!

Last time I was there the brownies were about 10 euro's for 3 small ones. The effects last a good few hours but the intensity starts to decrease after a coupla hours I'd say. That said everyone is different so just try a small amount first, if you make it to abraxas the staff are great, eplain to them that you dont have lots of smoking experience & they will advise you.

Fuck I wanna go to Amsterdam now.

Thanks so much man for your help!

What shows you doing this summer? (you're from Europe right?)
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I have a vaporizer made by a brand called Hot Box. Not bad, I spent about $150 on it, $200 if you throw in the grinder.

I like it...not as harsh as smoking a bowl...I never smoke joints, unless I'm at a concert and a friend has rolled one for the occasion.

At first, the high was a bit more intense, but after using it more I have just become used to it...it also has reduced my intake of pot, as I don't need that much to get stoned to begin with, but this thing really decreased the amount I needed. My herb lasts longer, and the stuff that you vaporize can be used for re-burn if you're having a dry spell, mind you it's not as great but it gets the job done as opposed to scraping your glass.

If you can afford the investment though, go for the Volcano...it is hands down the way to get torn. If you're a self medicating individual like myself, it'll be worth the $$$.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Brisk,
    It's always a fun experiment to buy a bag and bake your own batch and just play around with how much you wanna throw in. I've only done it once, and I felt I put in too much only for the reason that it felt like I was biting into a bud...which isn't my thing as I don't think pot is extremely palatable (eating wise). Just make sure you have nothing planned for the rest of the night. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Brisk,
    It's always a fun experiment to buy a bag and bake your own batch and just play around with how much you wanna throw in. I've only done it once, and I felt I put in too much only for the reason that it felt like I was biting into a bud...which isn't my thing as I don't think pot is extremely palatable (eating wise). Just make sure you have nothing planned for the rest of the night. 8-)

Thanks! I'm seeing Satriani in October, should bake some for that!

But yeah...People make it sound like eating weed is way more efficient and stronger than smoking it? Is this the case but I figure socially smoking it is better than keeping a brownie in your pocket or something :lol:
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Brisk,

Thanks! I'm seeing Satriani in October, should bake some for that!

But yeah...People make it sound like eating weed is way more efficient and stronger than smoking it? Is this the case but I figure socially smoking it is better than keeping a brownie in your pocket or something :lol:

Eating is no doubt healthier, less obvious, and I felt it was more potent. Scarf down 2-4 of those bad boys before the Satch show and prepare for a great time. 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options

Europe, yeah I'm just up the M1 from you in Leeds!

Going to Dublin & Belfast next week, on my last nightshift now then happy days, cant fuckin wait. What shows you doin?
  • Options

Europe, yeah I'm just up the M1 from you in Leeds!

Going to Dublin & Belfast next week, on my last nightshift now then happy days, cant fuckin wait. What shows you doin?

Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen, Berlin, Arras and Venice.
  • Options

Hardcore, well done. Wanna try meet up for a guinness in Dublin?
  • Options

Hardcore, well done. Wanna try meet up for a guinness in Dublin?

Umm I arrive on the 21st about 9am so sure. But i'm a super poor student and Dublin + Guinness = $$$$ :( :( :cry:
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    edited June 2010
    eating is healthier and you don't have to worry about irritating your lungs with smoke. vaporizers give you more of a cleaner hit because you're not burning anything, the intense dry heat vaporizes the thc. i had a roommate that had one, forgot the name but it was decent. if your skilled enough you can make your own with a potpourri burner and some kind of glass. the best kind i've ever used was a volcano but like someone else said they are a bit expensive. i think they have 2 or 3 models now and i'd imagine the prices have got to come down eventually to a more reasonable rate.

sweet jeebus, i just looked at the volcano's site, they have the volcano classic for $539 and a digital one for $669! :o :shock: if you have that kind of money to drop on a smoking device i'd say get a volcano, if not get some other brand vaporizer for 1/5 that or more and wait for the prices to drop or a competitor to pop up
    Post edited by Pepe Silvia on
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    also, with cooking it it's better to infuse the herb into butter or something. or a quick way is to get a grinder or one of those mortar and pestle like this
    VictorieInc.MortarPestle.jpg

and grind a little bit up, then take some cookie mix and work it into a single cookie, that way you don't have to worry about using a lot,
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I'm normally a pulling buckets kinda girl but I tried a vapouriser last tour in NZ at my best mate's house! Mmmmm! It smelled delicious....like baking brownies! Nice high too!

He seemed to put a fair bit of weed in though (I think...from memory). More than what I'd need normally to get that stoned. I think. But it's the least harmful way to smoke (besides eating) so it'd be worth it.

I'm def going to invest in one in the future. Not smoking much right now so will wait until I'm in the full swing of things again.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone, better get saving for that volcano!

Fred
  • Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I read a study and it said that eatting it hurts the kidnies and liver. They have a hard time breaking it down and can cause kidney and liver damage. I'm smoking one now. I have no desire to eat it unless it a big nugget and I'll take a small bite. Iv smoked out of a vaporizer 2 times. It smells bad and taste bad. I wish I had 1 hit of acid. Paper, gel tab, sugar cube, or liquid. Just one hit would be nice. Watch avatar or toy story 3 in 3d lol.
    I'll be back
  • Options
    Also has anyone ever mailordered mj? I'm looking at sites that say they do. All of them of course are not In the US. But a few say they mail to the US. Iv checked some reviews and some are scams some are not but I don't have balls to do it.
    I'll be back
  • Options
    Also has anyone ever mailordered mj? I'm looking at sites that say they do. All of them of course are not In the US. But a few say they mail to the US. Iv checked some reviews and some are scams some are not but I don't have balls to do it.

I've mailed to two people, on one occasion I think it went to the wrong house...so you know they got an awesome surprise. A quarter sized one.

I've also, on 3 occasions taken joints with me to out of state PJ concerts via airliner. :shh: :shifty:

As far as a site not based in the US mailing you herb...seems kind of sketchy to me. I don't think I'd do it. Can you not just buy a bag from a local?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

I've mailed to two people, on one occasion I think it went to the wrong house...so you know they got an awesome surprise. A quarter sized one.

I've also, on 3 occasions taken joints with me to out of state PJ concerts via airliner. :shh: :shifty:

As far as a site not based in the US mailing you herb...seems kind of sketchy to me. I don't think I'd do it. Can you not just buy a bag from a local?

I can buy local, it's not the good quality but it's good for what it is.
    I'll be back
  • Options

I can buy local, it's not the good quality but it's good for what it is.

I hear ya. I wish I could get the dankest, but...I too have to settle for what's available.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    You crazy kids...
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925