~Breeders' GLORIOUS thread~

Comments

• PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,013
    i should listen to that album again. i havent listened to that one in so long. i think its about time some breeders news comes out. breeders first album was the best in my opinion and that was right on the heels of the pixies. so another breeders album that has kim still pixie-ish must work again.
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Same here. I am dying to hear of any Breeders news. I would think that is what she is doing w/her free time b/f touring w/the Pixies starting next month.

I like Pod a lot. It is very dark, and it showcases kim's songwriting abilities. Iris sends shivers down my spine. The beginning of the song, w/her struming on her acoustic guitar, and Tanya's striking, screching solos makes that song what it is.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
    i like the song doe, even if i do know what its about(thanks to the old breeders thread). once i got the cd i learned to play that song right away. kim needs to write more songs about things most people wouldnt write songs about.
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    Kim Deal ruined Guided by Voices. Seriously. Just around the time after she produced Under the Bushes, they broke up.

I'm blaming her.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
    i like the song doe, even if i do know what its about(thanks to the old breeders thread). once i got the cd i learned to play that song right away. kim needs to write more songs about things most people wouldnt write songs about.

i like that song too. what other songs did you learn to play?

I SO need to get a guitar so I could practice playing 'forunately gone' that by far is the easiest song ever. I could play the solo yeah!!

and I agree, Kim should write more songs like that, somewhere along the lines of Pod. "hellbound' is a PERFECT example, she had said that song is about 'a walking abortion' only kim can write like that. She is an inspiration to me.
    ~*~*~
    StoneG82, you mean you blame her for breaking up GBV? Don't blame Kim, Bob co-wrote "i am decided" w/her on the Amps album.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    only breeders tune i know and i have forgotten it already. i like the breeders and all but they really dont inspire me in the guitar area. now kim and bass thats a whole different story.

whats a walking abortion? thats a great name for a punk band though.
    the other day i saw a breeders b-side comp cd on ebay, one of those cheap cdrs. most of the songs listed ive heard or were just another version of a track i knew. but one i never heard of, fucking hostile. what is this? and is it good(dumb question) and where can i find it?
    the other day i saw a breeders b-side comp cd on ebay, one of those cheap cdrs. most of the songs listed ive heard or were just another version of a track i knew. but one i never heard of, fucking hostile. what is this? and is it good(dumb question) and where can i find it?

good question, I don't know. "fucking hostile"? hmmm. I wish I knew. Have you heard Live In Stockholm? It is pretty good. I had it downloaded on my computer, but of course, it crashed b/f I could burn it. :(
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    i have a few breeders shows i think thats one of them. the new album means new tour. i cant wait to see the breeders live. there was a breeders show posted at dimeadozen the other week. havent got around to listen to it yet.
    I am trying to find the article in which kim talks about some of the Breeders' songs, especially "Hellbound" I can't seem to find it:(
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    fucking hostile is a kelley deal song on a wm3 cd. i feel so smart. i had no idea kelley even had her own band.
    yep. she sure does. she has 2 solo albums:

-Go to the Sugar Altar
    -BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Her style is a little different from the Breeders, but I really dig it!:) At the Breeders' show, she did "Future Boy":) She was also a member of the Last Hard Men w/Sebastian Bach(i am NOT kidding!) and Jimmy Chamberlain, from the Smashing Pumpkins. They did a tripped out verison of "School's Out"

Do you know the name of the song she did for WM3? I want to download it
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    fucking hostile.
    remember awhile back i asked what that song was? well it turns out its a kelley song on the wm3 cd.

downloading? shame on you. the cd is used to raise money for those kids and youre gonna download it.
    i didn't download it. But I am still looking for the Last Hard Men...do you know how hard that cd is to find? Very!

She also did duets w/Supersuckers called 'hung over together' and w/Krist Kristofferson on the Willie Nelson tribute album. She used her sewing machine as an instrument.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Just saw "the real deal" documentary thingy. well half of it, the other half maybe today. some intersting stuff in there. kim calls her whole family hillbillys and says that everyone of them is over 300 pounds. im sure her family was happy about that. i guess this was shot during title tk stuff, one thing has them in a studio so i dont know if they were recording or just playing. kelley calls kim a cheerleader from hell that was pretty funny, turns out kim was a cheerleader in school.
    Just saw "the real deal" documentary thingy. well half of it, the other half maybe today. some intersting stuff in there. kim calls her whole family hillbillys and says that everyone of them is over 300 pounds. im sure her family was happy about that. i guess this was shot during title tk stuff, one thing has them in a studio so i dont know if they were recording or just playing. kelley calls kim a cheerleader from hell that was pretty funny, turns out kim was a cheerleader in school.

how did you find this documentary? I want to see it!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • kim deal is so strangely sexy i reckon, her voice, her look..
  • MeddleDeal wrote:
    how did you find this documentary? I want to see it!! :D

off of dime, i have a interview with kim and kelley just audio from there also, havent listened to that yet. the dvd is a 4 gig download, it has a show on there also, the camera work isnt the best but its worth it just for kim flicking off the band, and kelley saying something like "see what you did you got my sister drunk."

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=49789
    off of dime, i have a interview with kim and kelley just audio from there also, havent listened to that yet. the dvd is a 4 gig download, it has a show on there also, the camera work isnt the best but its worth it just for kim flicking off the band, and kelley saying something like "see what you did you got my sister drunk."

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=49789

I watched that, that is pretty funny!! :D:p

Thanks again :)
    ~*~*~

Man, after seeing that Breeders dvd, I got my cds from my ex's place, and put on "Title TK" that album is SO underrated and it kind of blows they got dropped by their record label, Elektra b/c they didn't sell too many records :rolleyes: I like it that these girls can make music that they want to do. I just dig the whole lo-fi on this album. Truly a masterpiece and these girls don't look back at all!!:)

Speaking of Title TK, I truly love this song, Off You. A sad, potient love song, but as in the dvd, Kim says it is a letter from an English friend to an American friend. :D Great song to listen to when you miss that someone. As Kim said in the Austin show, this is a "4 minute Love song"

~*OFF YOU*~

I've laid this island sun a 1000 times
    I'm on it
    But I'm going strange
    This island's chills and shell cover me
    With winded rock
    And skies I've got yet to see
    I tried
    I even sent in friends
    They did it as a favor
    Cause I'm not that way
    I am the autumn in the scarlet
    I am the make-up on your eyes

I land to sail
    Island sail
    Yeah, we're movin
    Yeah, we're movin
    This island's sun I've laid 1000 times
    Fortune me
    Fortune me
    Of all my mistakes
    I think I lent you late

But I've never seen a scarlet
    Or a riot or the violence of you

I land to sail
    Island sail
    Yeah, we're movin'
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • i hope the breeders tour soon cause i have yet to see them live. any new news on the album?
    i hope the breeders tour soon cause i have yet to see them live. any new news on the album?

yeah, they are working on it as we speak. That is what they have been doing since the Pixies were on hiatus. It might be released in 2006 w/a tour to follow :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • MeddleDeal wrote:
    yeah, they are working on it as we speak. That is what they have been doing since the Pixies were on hiatus. It might be released in 2006 w/a tour to follow :D

that is so cool, i can't wait for the new breeders album. where do you get your breeders info meddle, all the sites i check seem to never be updated!
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'
    I got this information from billboard, when they ran an article about the Pixies a month ago. I am trying to find it to show it to you, but I can't find it:(
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • ive recently come across two amps shows. i know this isnt breeders but close enough. havent listened to them yet. i didnt even know they toured i thought amps was just some little thing kim did or something. here is the a review of the show that was included in the text file. kinda funny. kim is a godess and can do no wrong so whatever.

The Amps were crap - just like their album is rumoured to be. They were
    rude enough to actually play *over* one of the local bands still finishing
    up on the second stage... Bad move Kim Deal! No respect at all.
    The Amps did toured, they opened up for Sonic Youth back in 1995/96, since Kim D. and Kim G. were good friends:)

I can't wait for a new breeders album to come out this year!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • the breeders played a show or two not so long ago in england for some 4ad thing. wonder if that means they will get resigned?
    the breeders played a show or two not so long ago in england for some 4ad thing. wonder if that means they will get resigned?

It was to celebrate 25 years of 4AD. Technically, they are still signed w/4ad, Elektra was the one that dropped them.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    for all breeders fans, here on this site, they have their videos and then some...plus a 'recent' show :D

http://www.noaloha.com/breeders/index.php?page=14&show=2
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    Pod is a masterpiece. I've always liked this band quite alot. And Kim really has a special quality about her. Even when she got chubby and had the short hair, her smile could still knock me down.

Obviously, Frank Black was never the same without Kim.
    a good lesson for all of us cocky guys
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.