~Breeders' GLORIOUS thread~

MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
edited February 2007 in Other Music
yeah i decided I would use a different w/the title instead of the usual "appreciation' threads. :D

the breeders...what can I say about the breeders? well, they are one of the BEST bands out there. Kim and Kelley Deal, are the pinnacle of everything that rocks. It will start w/them and will end w/them, i think.

With the songs such as "Doe" and "Cannonball" you can't help it but figure out what they are really singing about. Kim Deal is a lyrical genius, uses metaphors so wonderfully that we can't help but guess. :)

show your love for the Breeders, which i read from the billboard.com article, they are currently working on their next album, while the Pixies are on hiatus :)
ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
"For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I loaded Last Splash into my iPod the other day. Yesterday, while I had it on shuffle, Do You Love Me Know came on. I haven't heard that song in so long.

Great album.

Great track.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    I have that album too PBM and I dig it.

I also have a version of that song wit hJa mascis playing guitar and alternating singing and its pretty cool

Cannonball was one of the first songs i learned on guitar.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    I also have a version of that song wit hJa mascis playing guitar and alternating singing and its pretty cool

No kidding? Back in '94, I used to play the hell out of that song. I guess I kind of forgot about it.

Good songs.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

"If you're so special, why aren't you dead"

Man, that's great.

PBM

• kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i love no aloha. great band>
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • I love, love, love the breeders! Especially Pod. Great album. All of them are.

And Kim Deal.... I want to marry that chick (though I don't think it's legal in my state).

She is lovely.
  • viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    I love The Breeders !!! Haven't listened to them in a while but I'm glad they are working on a new album.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • onejourneyonejourney Posts: 285
    This would be a SWEET opening band for Pearl Jam!!!!:D
    "...just be glad you have the music and cherish it for yourself..." -stateoflove79
  • simibabysimibaby Posts: 2
    Yo, read my "Slint" post! I saw "Slint" last week @ Irving Plaza here in NYC. I spoke to to their drummer, Brit Walford after the show. He was the drummer on Breeders' 1st album. He says they're getting it in in 2005 and he's gonna be drumming w/ them!

BTW, I saw the Breeders twice in Aug, 2002 @ Bowery Ballroom. They were great!
  • SandruwaSandruwa Posts: 239
    I might have said it before ... I love the Breeders! Kelly and Kim are awesome ... The first time I heard Cannonball it blew me away!

BUMP for another great Meddle-thread ... :D
    RIP Syd ... Shine on you crazy diamond ...
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,013
    ok whats cannonball about? is it anything like doe or divine hammer? i finally got around to getting pod awhile back. i had most of it on bootlegs. but its their best, imo. alittle quite but you have to listen to great music turned up anyways.
    i started playing bass cause of kim. though im still a guitar player i had to get a bass to play some pixies stuff.
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    To me, I think it is a song about role playing, w/lyrics such as 'i'll be anything you want me to be' CLASSIC Kimmy lyrics :D

I got into bass b/c of her and D'arcy from the smashing pumpkins. The first song I learned was 'dig for fire' from the Pixies :) ALL HAIL THE BREEDERS!!

btw, i agree w/onejourney, they should open up for PJ..that would be awesome!!:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • i started playing bass cause of kim. though im still a guitar player i had to get a bass to play some pixies stuff.
    HEY!! me too!! I saw her live for the first time and on the way home I was like "I HAVE to have a pink bass like her". I bidded on one on ebay but didn't get it. Ended up getting a blue bass. SOMEDAY though.......... i will have a pretty pink bass and be just as lovely as kim deal.

ohhhhhhhhh i am in love!
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • HEY!! me too!! I saw her live for the first time and on the way home I was like "I HAVE to have a pink bass like her". I bidded on one on ebay but didn't get it. Ended up getting a blue bass. SOMEDAY though.......... i will have a pretty pink bass and be just as lovely as kim deal.

ohhhhhhhhh i am in love!
    whoa....sorry! i always do this! I posted under my boyfriend's name. I AM THE ONE WHO LOVES THE BREEDERS.

dont_go_on_me... likes them but isn't as crazy about them as i am.
    whoa....sorry! i always do this! I posted under my boyfriend's name. I AM THE ONE WHO LOVES THE BREEDERS.

dont_go_on_me... likes them but isn't as crazy about them as i am.

hehehe. that is cool!! :D

My favorite bass that kim has is the Red Ernie Ball Sting Ray she had in the Allison video, in which that same bass appeared in the "Cannonball" video, played by Josephine Wiggs.

And I must say, "do you love me now?' such a heartbreaking song. Simply lyrics but straight to the point.

I can't wait for the Breeders to tour again YEA!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • shell bellshell bell Posts: 337
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    hehehe. that is cool!! :D

My favorite bass that kim has is the Red Ernie Ball Sting Ray she had in the Allison video, in which that same bass appeared in the "Cannonball" video, played by Josephine Wiggs.

And I must say, "do you love me now?' such a heartbreaking song. Simply lyrics but straight to the point.

I can't wait for the Breeders to tour again YEA!!
    Say MeddleDeal,I saw a special on PBS that had Josephine Wiggs on it.Her dad protested the Concord (airplane) in England when it first came out in the 70's.It showed Josephine walking around her childhood home and talkeing about her dad.
    Sorry,I just had to comment on it.Any how, the Breeders do need to make a new cd and tour.I want to see them live.
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
    how long ago was this Michelle? I mean the documentary. I heard Josephine has been MIA from the girls, they have no idea where she is at.:( But that is pretty cool about the whole concord deal.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • shell bellshell bell Posts: 337
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    how long ago was this Michelle? I mean the documentary. I heard Josephine has been MIA from the girls, they have no idea where she is at.:( But that is pretty cool about the whole concord deal.
    It was about a month or so ago.It was produced by either the Boston PBS station or the NYC,PBS station. I was suprised when she came on the screen.I think that she was back in England (her parents home).It was just one of those "whoa" moments.Cool tho.....
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
    Breeders fans...check out:

http://www.noaloha.com for Breeders stuff and http://www.kelleydeal.net both sites have videos and mp3s :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    i thought there was gonna be some big new. i never did see the kelley site before. does kim have one also?
    i don't think she does. I really wish what they were up to...like a mini-tour like they did last spring. I MISS the BREEDERS!! :(
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    Much Breeders love from me, Last Splash is one of my fav non-pj albums. love their sound, love their lyrics. great stuff. excited about a new album!! sweet!! saw them play in '93 when they opened for Nirvana, great show.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

Much Breeders love from me, Last Splash is one of my fav non-pj albums. love their sound, love their lyrics. great stuff. excited about a new album!! sweet!! saw them play in '93 when they opened for Nirvana, great show.

SWEET!! Lucky you!! :)

welcome aboard to the Breeders' thread...b/c they need a lot of love!! It would be SO cool if they opened up for PJ or something!!!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    BUMP for Breeders fans!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    this might show how stupid i am but i can never tell the difference between kim or kelley, is there some trick? cause like every picture i see that has both of them i just assume the one on the right is kim. makes me atleast 50% correct.
    Kelley is much more curvyer, she has big shoulders, that is how I can tell her and Kim apart. She also has make up on, compared to Kim, which she doesn't give a shit how she looks like :p

Kelley on the left, and Kim on the right :D

http://www.noaloha.com/breeders/pictures/press/band_25.jpg
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    well my theory would have been correct for that picture. for all i know kelley could be on tour with the pixies.
    well now you know that Kim now has short hair, and I assume kelley still has her long hair.

To me, i think Kimmy is skinner than Kelley, I can usually tell a mile away:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    This is one of my favorite Breeders songs, and one of the first solos I learned how to play on my ex's acoustic guitar.:) this song goes out to my fellow Breeders' girl, Cornflakegrl98 :D

Forunately Gone

I wait for you in heaven
    On this perfect string of love
    And drink your soup of magpies in a
    Pottery bowl that looks
    As I am now, brown, round and warm

Chime on a rain wet
    An ankle, toes or two
    Sweetly as it drops upon your head
    Just like it did today

Fortunately gone
    I wait for you

Chime on a rain wet
    An ankle, toes or two
    Sweetly as it drops upon your head
    Just like it did today

Fortunately gone
    I wait for you
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    <~~~~ listening to "The She" Awesome song. Kim playing the drums is the highlight of this album. And the 2 guitars trading off solos, pretty rad!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~