Options

Mike made me do it.

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited June 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Alright... I blame Mike and his ridiculously great tone on the new album and tour... he caused this... I blame Mike.

This weekend I sold my 335 and Nord keyboard... no more band for now... out they go. The money gave me options for summer concerts and having a good time...

Concerts:
The Black Keys in Chicago in two weeks
The Black Crowes July 2nd
Tom Petty early August

Also, I bought a historic LP Junior. It is the 1957 model with the single cut. TV White. Awesome stuff... the tone is very much like PT on Live at Leeds... but it is very versatile considering it has one pup and two knobs.

pic attached...

I blame Mike... but this guitar has a great rock n roll and blues tone to it... the color is great too.

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/shinjuku/image/06-310770403/1.jpg
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold Posts: 7
    House53 wrote:
    Alright... I blame Mike and his ridiculously great tone on the new album and tour... he caused this... I blame Mike.

This weekend I sold my 335 and Nord keyboard... no more band for now... out they go. The money gave me options for summer concerts and having a good time...

Concerts:
    Tom Petty early August

Also, I bought a historic LP Junior. It is the 1957 model with the single cut. TV White. Awesome stuff... the tone is very much like PT on Live at Leeds... but it is very versatile considering it has one pup and two knobs.

pic attached...

I blame Mike... but this guitar has a great rock n roll and blues tone to it... the color is great too.

Have you seen the Crowes before? If you think McCready has great tone, wait till you hear Marc Ford.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    House53 wrote:

Concerts:
    Tom Petty early August

pic attached...

not a bad decision as much as you change out anyway, I liked both of those but for kicking around and jamming at home, man that's a cool junior, and those concerts are going to be GREAT. I really want to catch the Crows in Atlanta.

If ford has the same rig from last year, it's almost all from analogman on the floor, Sun Lion + Beano Boost modded vox wah (or maybe RMC), speed control going to Sweet Sound Mojo Vibe all in to Roccaforte Halfstacks. Burst Les Pauls.

Robinson is still on a freaking killer Harry Joyce rig I think.

I got Issues, Buddy Guy is in town Friday. BB King while Im in mexico I think. The Crowes 7/6
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Griswold wrote:
    Have you seen the Crowes before? If you think McCready has great tone, wait till you hear Marc Ford.

Have you seen the Black Keys before? Now that is fantastic tone!!!!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    Griswold wrote:

Yeah they put on a good show for sure. I saw them at a small club in St. Louis... IT WAS LOUD!! Very rockin.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Have you seen the Black Keys before? Now that is fantastic tone!!!!

I have seen the Black Keys several times... and hung out with the guys after each show. They are starting to remember me and are really nice guys.

Dan (the guitar player) is playing a white SG Custom now into jtm 45s and 100 watt Plexi Marshalls now... pretty cool stuff. I liked his tele with super reverbs and tweed fenders as well.

I am looking forward to the show this month. Hopefully we can hang out after the show too.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    not a bad decision as much as you change out anyway, I liked both of those but for kicking around and jamming at home, man that's a cool junior, and those concerts are going to be GREAT. I really want to catch the Crows in Atlanta.

If ford has the same rig from last year, it's almost all from analogman on the floor, Sun Lion + Beano Boost modded vox wah (or maybe RMC), speed control going to Sweet Sound Mojo Vibe all in to Roccaforte Halfstacks. Burst Les Pauls.

Robinson is still on a freaking killer Harry Joyce rig I think.

I got Issues, Buddy Guy is in town Friday. BB King while Im in mexico I think. The Crowes 7/6

That Junior is a killer blues/rock n roll axe. I think it will work well in a band too... plus there is always the tele (it's not going anywhere).

I might get an alnico II P-90 eventually, but I will stick with the stock pup for now.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    Griswold wrote:
    wait till you hear Marc Ford.

Couldn't agree more man!!!

Marc Ford is unreal and his tone is just stellar, along with Rich's.

Another I've been following the past couple weeks is Warren Haynes. :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    House53 wrote:
    I have seen the Black Keys several times... and hung out with the guys after each show. They are starting to remember me and are really nice guys.

Dan (the guitar player) is playing a white SG Custom now into jtm 45s and 100 watt Plexi Marshalls now... pretty cool stuff. I liked his tele with super reverbs and tweed fenders as well.

I am looking forward to the show this month. Hopefully we can hang out after the show too.

New album September 12! Just got the Junior Kimbrough cover album.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    That TV White Jr. is HOT! :)

Jr's kick mucho ass-o.
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Mike has me wanting a TV yellow double-cut Junior just like he has. Nice axe man, rock the hell out of it.