second a squire stratocastor i still have it painted it blue from red

red guitars are ugly
"thiers still time to escape, youve got time to escape
thiers still time so escape,,,,
auuuhhheehhh yaeeahh "
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    1995 fender american standard stratocaster. black. rosewood fretboard. now deceased.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    red 1993 Peavy USA Predator (strat copy) with a modded gold lace sensor at the neck. It's my bitch I love it.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • robrob Posts: 142
    Now is the time to date myself
    1958 Les Paul sunburst. Bought it in 1965 or 66 used with paper route money, 200 bucks and my dad yelled at me for that. It was just a good guitar then , now it's in a vault. I loved it then, I love it now.
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Dark blue Johnson, crappy guitar but whatever not rich like you all
  • robrob Posts: 142
    Originally posted by sevensins
    Dark blue Johnson, crappy guitar but whatever not rich like you all

I'm a musician
    Believe me, the words "rich" and "musician" rarely describe the same person!
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• really a dixon and a squire are crap
    "thiers still time to escape, youve got time to escape
    thiers still time so escape,,,,
    auuuhhheehhh yaeeahh "
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Clapton-style Fender Squier. Recently replaced with an Epiphone Les Paul (sunburst). I love my first though, tend to abuse it a little more since I got the new one.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I started with a squire strat untill they stole it. Then I bought a used Epiphone Les Paul, which I still have. Then I got mysel fa Mexican Fender Telecaster, which got stolen again (gotta love life in college). Now I have a used but mint cuase never played 1992 or 93 Fender American Standard Telecaster and the Epiphone still. and a Vantage acoustic thing.

Looking out for a Hofner 173 or 176, but no rush and would dearly love to own a black schecter Tele 1985. Or Rob's 58 Gibson. Damn' that baby sounds sweet! And only 200 bucks. Buy a used one now and you can add another zero to that. Could we see a picture of that?
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    white squire. your standard first guitar. white though. blegh. my dad picked it out. I wasn't about to complain though, cuz up until that point I had been playing this huge Gibson thing from like 1945. Awful action. I was just learning how to play and the strings on this thing were about a mile from the fret board and I had to reach my little arms wayyy around this thing. I went out of my skin when I saw that squire.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    shoe, a white strat is what hendrix played at woodstock basically making that color cool. Leave it out in the air. Nay, take it to bars with you and get people to smoke on it. It will turn a lovely weathered yellow.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    hahaha I don't have it anymore (I don't think...) I think my parents gave it to someone...but then, they might have given it back.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    shoe, a white strat is what hendrix played at woodstock basically making that color cool. Leave it out in the air. Nay, take it to bars with you and get people to smoke on it. It will turn a lovely weathered yellow.
  • GouletGoulet Posts: 918
    fender d-7 acoustic and a Lotus strat copy i took from my brother and never gave back, its the beautiful, cheap guitar that could.
  • The first was an' acoustic guitar of the used Vantage paid somenthing like 40 dollars, then a florencia acoustic the vantage lasted more or less 5 hours! The florencia is now famous among my friends as th fascist killer cuz i wrote "this machine kills the fascists" as woody gouthrie did on it. it lasted more or less a year.
    then i got the guitar of choise the sqire tele affinity, great sounding & lookin' guitar.
    walk with me out on a wire 'couse baby i'm just a scared an' lonley rider but i gotta find out how it feels i wonna know if love is wild i wonna know if love is real
    CAN YOU SHOW ME?! B springsteen

... Cuz in 1985 (as right now) the blind faith in your leaders or in any thing will get you killed, couse what i'm talkin' about here is WAR! b SPRINGSTEEN

yankee dollar talks to the dictators of the world infact is givin' orders an' they can't afford to miss a word
    i'm so bored with the USA- the CLASH
  • an epiphone accoustic, which i still have and is now covered with stickers and crap. first electric was a red squire strat (apparently, like everybody else lol)
    once dissolved we are free to grow...
  • ibanez rg170, now collecting dust since ive moved to bigger and better places. heh, not a bad guitar though
    "I'm like an opening band for the sun..." -EV
  • I had a black and white mexican fender strat
    nice and beat up,
    still have it and will never get rid of it
    This is the greatest band in the world
    -Ben Harper-MSG 1 2003 -7-8
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    The first guitar I ever played on was my dad's acoustic, an old f-hole model with fabulous action made by Kalamazoo. It, unfortunately, is no longer with us.

The first guitar I owned is a Yamaha F310, the cheapest acoustic out there. I think Wal-Mart and Cost-Co both sell it now. It is still with me, though, and truth be told, I love it. Been around the block a few times, though... beat up a bit on the tail edge.

First electric was a Peavey Raptor (tele copy) that I quickly traded for a Peavey Predator (strat copy). Played those through a Fender Stage 112 (solid state, no longer with us).

The first guitar I was proud of was a 1982 American Fender Strat, light burst, with only one tone knob and a vertical input jack in place of the traditional 2nd tone knob. Fender only had the design for 1982 and '83, if I remember right. Sounded fucking awesome, but I traded it away for a shitty Yamaha bass when my band switched me from guitar to bass. I'm still pissed I don't have that anymore.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • epiphone les paul studio black with rosewood fretboard. taught me everything i know. i still play it looking to upgrade to a fender u.s.a tele
    well i woke up thismornen and i got myself a beer,
    the futures uncertain and the end is always near.
    jim morrison
  • My first guitar was an acoustic Aria, it was "beheaded" twice (the headstock completely broke off the neck when my drunken friend accidently knocked into it; then I knocked it over after my dad had fixed it). I then bought a Martin acoustic for $80 from my former roommate, and this summer I bought an Ibanez Gio. My amp is a Peavey that I got for $40 from a friend who moved back to England.
    I believe the children are our future... unless we stop them now...