Options

Beginner Land

Psa144Psa144 Posts: 17
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anyone know a cheap way to record for practicing purposes? I just finished learning my very first song on my acoustic and want to record a copy of it for a friend. I've tried using a small tape recorder, but the sound is awful. Is there a way to record practicing etc. cheaply without putting out mass $$$ for digital recording? I'd be interested to hear any suggestions.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    if that small recorder has a microphone input, you could buy a cheap mic from radio shack or the like and it will make things better.

i used to write on a little cassette recorder. that internal mic *is* terrible isn't it?
  • Options
    ...yeah it is. Thanks for the advice. I don't mind the quality much just for practicing, but I hope the friend I'm trying to impress can stand to listen to it!
  • Options
    if you decide to stick with it. a good next step might be a used 4-track cassette recorder.
  • Options
    I'll definitely need something better for future stuff. Some friends of mine used to use 4 tracks. Do music stores still sell them? I've already checked Radio Shack, Circuit City etc., and they don't have very many options for recording unless you buy a system that can record discs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Psa144
    I'll definitely need something better for future stuff. Some friends of mine used to use 4 tracks. Do music stores still sell them? I've already checked Radio Shack, Circuit City etc., and they don't have very many options for recording unless you buy a system that can record discs.

i'd go to a good musical instrument store to buy a recording set-up. they'll have that kind of stuff.

there's always e-bay too.
  • Options
    dudnadudna Posts: 14
    Be sure to check out the 4-tracks. Important investment!
  • Options
    thank you!