can anyone recommend a good chorus pedal?

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
either a brand one or a DIY kit.

the only kit i can find is for a electro-harmonix small clone and i never liked that pedal.

i tried a boss CH-1 and a CE-5 and didn't really like either one.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by exhausted
    either a brand one or a DIY kit.

the only kit i can find is for a electro-harmonix small clone and i never liked that pedal.

i tried a boss CH-1 and a CE-5 and didn't really like either one.

have you heard from paco?
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by puremagic
    have you heard from paco?

no. he hasn't been around since the 4th.
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I've had nothing but good experiences with my CH-1. What didn't you like about it?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    i don't know. it just didn't do it for me. i think i'm going to have to take a few home and use my own rig etc. to decide. i only tried it in the shop with an unfamiliar amp and guitar.
  • i like my chorus ensemble. it has a cheesy 80's sound that might not be for everyone though.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    ive always been a fan of the danelectro model...not sure why, just sounds the nicest to me...
    the "cool cat" or whatever, not those cheesy smaller pedals theyve made..the ones that are as solid as a tank...i like it alot
  • hey there
    i've got a Visual Sound Liquid Chorus & Delay pedal... it may be worth it to have a listen to it at your music shop. It's got this watery quality to the sound and is quite warm, but it's not a standard chorus... i'm liking it so far!
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    "It is I, with the empty bladder!"

www.nowalletevolution.com
    thanks guys.

i'm going to wait until the shop has a cool cat and a voodoo lab chorus to compare to the CH-1.

i have other dano and voodoo pedals and like them both.

the visual sound H2O is out of my range, plus i'm totally covered for echo effects.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    By far the only one I know that you might like is made by analogman.

It is the clone chorus and it is a lot like the original small clone but much.....much cleaner and better sounding,

Billy Gibbons among others use them. but it depends on what you want it to do.

Sound samples are available at A-man's site.

Me think's you like the speed and hate the depth control when you get wash from it because it enhances the wash from that already lush fender reverb.

Another you may check out Keeley's speed mod on the CH-1

Personally I think the most talked about chorus other than the Mormon Tabernacle and Small Clone is the Boss CE-1 which is analog, classic and muy muy expensive.

Maxon makes a good new one I think but the 80's Ibanez would be a lot cheaper if you can find one used.

The Voodoo Lab is my personal favorite with a little compression.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    yeah, the voodoo lab analog chorus is a ce-1 clone.

i really like the chorus just for the extra shimmer it gives the tone. just makes it a big richer. i'm not looking for heavy swirl.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    the Voodoo lab is perfect then, the Micro Vibe is swooshing chorus tone. The original Uni-vibe also had a vibrato mode but why anyone uses it I have no Idea? Vibrato is what you get from 60's era Fender amps, not a univibe.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Isn't the Small Clone the same pedal Cobain used?

I never liked chorus effects. I just can't get past that tonality.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • I have a Boss chorus and its very good. Does its job.
    'Fox hunting is barbaric, the people who do it are a bunch of snobby tories with stupid posh accents. Oh damn, i didn't say that - damn, what a giveaway...'