MJM 60's vibe

El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I think I've pretty much decided since I don't need stero outs I should just get a vibe instead of a rotating speaker simulator. This way I can adjust the speed instead of just having a slow or fast setting like most Rotating speaker sims.

Has anyone tried this vibe? What are some other good vibes? The only one I've tried is dunlop.
standin above the crowd
he had a voice that was strong and loud and
i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'm using a voodoo lab microvibe.

the deja vibe might be worth looking at too.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    oh, not sure if all vibes have expression pedal jacks but I'd prefer to have one
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    well, that eliminates the microvibe.

but the fulltone deja2 might be of interest.

http://fulltone.com/DV2.asp
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    the only one besides a Rotovibe I have actually played is the Fulltone Deja Vibe 2 the one with the built in pedal.

It is an exact copy of an original Univibe down to the photocells and sounds just like you'd expect it to sound but I think you still would rather have a rotating speaker sound because they are quite different. THe 60's vibe looks cool too.

Sweet sound also makes a good one.

THe destination rotation is awesome.

Check out soundworks the company that makes Little Lanilei they build their own tiny rotating speakers.

they all cost an arm and a leg.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    yeah but it's the only having a slow and fast setting that's killing me.
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    get one with a speed control pedal or knob and you will be pleased. A big knob you can turn with your foot is cheaper than a whole pedal and which is pretty superfluous unless you intend to change speeds quite frequently.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    yes, always go for a big knob.

ps. paco, your mailbox is full but i got your pm.
    I used to have a univibe and I really liked being able to increase or decrease the speed without having to bend over or try the toe/big knob thing. Altho I do play on my knees over my pedals a lot of the time...

Has anyone actually tried a Captain Coconut 2? I wonder how good the proverb is on it. I was gonna sell my moog ring modulator and my digitech pds 20/20 for a destination rotation. But if I sell those things and my London Fuzz that would probably be enough for a CC2. Also been thinking of getting rid of my tremolo but not sure yet.
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    check out the sounds on the CC2 website.

The Provibe is great it has an envelope speed control that deals with playing dynamics you can turn off and on, also you can control more aspects of the sound than with the others.

I think it's http://www.Foxroxelectronics.com

I like it anyway.

If you need a foot control I have played a fulltone deja vibe 2 and it is authentic. I hate the Vibrato but the chorus is on point.
    The cc2 can use an expression pedal for the proverb. I do like the deja vibe 2 but the cc2 has 3 effects total (proverb, fuzz and octave, which I know YOU know but others might not) I've listened to the sound clips and like them and know Dave Fox is a fuckin genuis but still I like to actually hear from owenrs instead of just relying on old reviews or sound clips.
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    true, there are very few owners it's tough to find them too, it's a very expensive pedal and its relatively hard to purchase for the masses. I want one myself but the only real person I knew that owned one was a technician at a music shop so good luck.

I considered the Deja 2 but I couldn't part with the 250 or so they were asking used yeah that is a great price on a Deja 2 but a used CC2 gives you so much more and the fuzz is flexible with 2 or 3 different circuit boards that you can switch out :) (sold seperately :( )
  • The Sweet Sound Mojo vibe is the best vibe in the world. Check out the reviews on http://www.harmony-central.com
    Everyone at the musictoyz forum believes so. I trust them. Although the MJM is supposed to be great.
    PJ + AIC = LoveThemBones