Options

Roland D8900 D-Bass Bass Amplifier

puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Been sitting in a garage, now its mine. Any one familar with this?
SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    your neighbours will be soon. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    your neighbours will be soon. :D

Thought about that, wonder if I'd be liable for damages.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    I think that's the same one that "youthinkyourold",my neighbor, just got a while ago, cause I was over there, and playing it. D something 900? I think it has a whole lot of speakers in it? I'm not a good gearhead, but it sounded great and it's powerful, and it's smaller than me. He said he was never going to lend it to me! ( running joke because of the one he let me use )

And yes, when there's a band playing over there, I can definitely hear it!. Keep beers in your fridge for the neighbors at all times, and it's cool. And learn how to fix cracked windows! : )
    Smile :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by thelouderthebetter
    I think that's the same one that "youthinkyourold",my neighbor, : )

Hey, your "youthinkyourold"'s neighbor, cool.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    As I recall, it is really loud with a digital preamp.

Everything I own made by Roland works great, it's all Boss stuff though.

Puts out those great low tones that the ladies love.

The bass player is the most important in the band because they are responsible for the rest of the entire audiences evening.

The drummer keep's time, the guitar player keeps us interested, the singer croons, and the bass player get's everybody laid.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    and the bass player get's everybody laid.

Welcome back, that and some ice cream would make you a winner in my bed, I mean book.
  • Options
    Hi Puremagic

He's my neighbor behind my house. We have a little 4 house group sort of in the woods. I will never let him move, or sell his house, although I don't think he has any plans to do that. I've never met anyone like him. He's seen MY life go all over the place! I got married in the backyard, you wouldn't believe the band he got us! My husband ( ex ) went off and almost ended my life in the backyard, and he literally saved my life and got injured in the process. Then helped me get back on track with my autistic son. I can't tell you how many times he sat on the deck with me and listened and hugged me while I cried till dawn and wrecked his shirts. Gawd what a blubbering mess! Glad that's behind me! He taught my son some guitar,,, that's not easy, now gave him a guitar and amp before he left last week.

I just got back from watering his plants, I peeked, and he's got a Roland DB 900 bass amp. I think he's got a bit of everything. It really packs a punch! Is that what you got? It's pretty compact compared to the one he gave me to use for my band ten years ago. ( he named the old one after me. "The Wreck of the Jenny". )
  • Options

The drummer keep's time, the guitar player keeps us interested, the singer croons, and the bass player get's everybody laid. [/B]

Is THAT what I did all those years playing bass? The new baby boom?
  • Options
    Hi Puremagic

I just got back from watering his plants, I peeked, and he's got a Roland DB 900 bass amp. I think he's got a bit of everything. It really packs a punch! Is that what you got? It's pretty compact compared to the one he gave me to use for my band ten years ago. ( he named the old one after me. "The Wreck of the Jenny". )

That's it. I haven't used it yet. maybe I need to rent a generator and take it out to the desert and do a volume test before using it around people. He sounds like a really nice neighbor and friend.
  • Options
    Originally posted by puremagic
    That's it. I haven't used it yet. maybe I need to rent a generator and take it out to the desert and do a volume test before using it around people. He sounds like a really nice neighbor and friend.

I can picture you in the desert with your amp, cacti falling over, lizards and rabbits running away. Go for it!
    How did you find it in a garage?

And yes, he's awesome. Makes everyone laugh all the time. Not many around like him.

And looks great!
  • Options
    I can picture you in the desert with your amp, cacti falling over, lizards and rabbits running away. Go for it!
    How did you find it in a garage?
    !

Collection of stuff from my brother's garage, who wife issued him marching orders to clean it out. So years of shit from when they thought they wanted to rock is coming my way. Since they all played guitar I don't know if I'll find a lot of bass related stuff though. No, I don't want to play guitar.
  • Options
    pure, where there any cool pedals etc. they don't want anymore?
  • Options
    pure, where there any cool pedals etc. they don't want anymore?

Probably in some of six footlockers that I haven't gone through yet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by puremagic
    Probably in some of six footlockers that I haven't gone through yet.

holy shmoo!!!

depending on what's there and if there's stuff you or he are willing to part with, i might be interested.
  • Options
    holy shmoo!!!

depending on what's there and if there's stuff you or he are willing to part with, i might be interested.

Seriously, I have no interest in guitar shit, if I can use it I will, if not, I'll get you a copy of the list. I'm selling the guitar though, ok.
  • Options
    Hmm, selling guitar shit eh? Any pedals?

And will personally delivery be involved?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Hmm, selling guitar shit eh? Any pedals?

And will personally delivery be involved?

Some things may be to valuable for shipment, in which case, would personal pick up be an option?
  • Options
    can i send money in some sort of platonic manner?
  • Options
    can i send money in some sort of platonic manner?

I wouldn't expect anything more than platonic and a certified check.
  • Options
    Ooooh, I sense gear excitement, P-uremagic!

P-bay!!! Lol

You should put a list together. If there's anything really weird looking, maybe I'll get something for "youthinkyou'reold" while he's gone, as he has all kinds of stuff, but now goes for all these off the wall things.
    Exhausted and Pacomc79 get first choice though!
  • Options
    well, if it's fragile, gentle and in need of delicate special care, personal pickup is really the only option isn't it.
  • Options
    well, if it's fragile, gentle and in need of delicate special care, personal pickup is really the only option isn't it.

I think I might have that "special" piece your looking for, I'll sit it aside and tag it "hold for paco".
  • Options
    just tag it, held by Paco with whipped cream and a cherry on top :)
  • Options
    just tag it, held by Paco with whipped cream and a cherry on top :)

I don't allow food in my equipment room, seriously.
  • Options
    Yeah food can really gunk up electronics, I ll leave the food products for other safer areas of the house.

I hated it when my roommates would leave beers on my amps.