Options

Who wants a FREE Hendrix CDR?

El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok, long story short is I made a Jimi Hendrix compilation for someone but after burning it and listening to it I was unhappy with the song order and some of the songs so I made them another one and I have this cdr I do not really need as I have them already.

Soooo…I will give it away for free to the person who makes me laugh the hardest. One joke per person, please. I will end it on the first Friday in October (the 3rd, I think)

If you do not win I would be happy to make you a copy if you send me a blank (but take note this takes an 80 min CDR) and postage to mail back to you.

Some of the songs on this are available on official releases but I did not use any official releases as the source. The only one that was an official release was by Rykodisc and it is no longer in print. The track listing and date/place are:

1) Radio One Jingle 1:14 (a)
2) Love or Confusion? 2:51 (a)
3) Drivin’ South 4:46 (a)
4) Peace in Mississippi 7:18 (?)
5) Little Wing 3:13 (b)
6) I Don’t Live Today 5:22 (c)
7) Hey Baby (Land of the New Rising Sun)/In From the Storm 9:05 (d)
8) Isabella 6:51 (e)
9) Fire 3:09 (e)
10) Star Spangled Banner 3:41 (e)
11) Purple Haze 4:01 (f)
12) Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)/Stepping Stone 15:30 (e)
13) Villanova Junction 2:37 (e)
14) Tax Free 9:47 (g)
Total Time 79:32

(a) Don’t have the disc with me to tell you the exact month and day but it was from the Radio One Sessions in 1967. From the Rykodisc release ‘Radio One’, much better than the official ‘BBC Sessions’ disc by EH

(?) Unreleased studio instrumental, no info as to time and place

(b) The Winterland San Francisco, California 2nd gen from master (audience tape) 10/12/68

(c) Royal Albert Hall, London 2/24/69 1st gen audience tape

(d) Rainbow Bridge Vibratory Colour-Sound Experiment, Haleakala Crater, Rainbow Bridge, Seabury Hall Maui, Hawaii 2nd gen from soundboard 7/30/70

(e) Woodstock Bethel, New York 2nd gen from soundboard 8-18-69 Unedited, unline the EH releases

(f) Sports Arena San Diego, California 2nd gen from soundboard 5/24/69

(g) State Fair Music Hall Dallas, Texas 2nd gen audience tape 2/16/68
standin above the crowd
he had a voice that was strong and loud and
i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    Jack Schitt is the only son of O. Schitt and Awe Schitt. O. Shitt, the fertilizer magnate, married Awe Schitt who later ran the Kneedeep Inn Schitt. Jack Schitt eventually married Noe Schitt, and together they produced six children.
    Holy Schitt, their first child, passed on shortly after birth. Next came twin sons: Deep Schitt and Dip Schitt, and then two daughters: Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt. Their final child, another son, was named Bull Schitt.
    In the meantime, Deep Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school dropout. Dip Schitt married Lotta Schitt, and they have a son: Chicken Schitt. Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt married the Happens Brothers. The Schitt-Happens children are Dawg Schitt, Byrd Schitt, and Horace Schitt.
    Bull Schitt just married a spicy number, Pisa Schitt, and they're awaiting the arrival of Baby Schitt.
    So, now you know not only Jack Schitt, but his entire family as well.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • Options
    robrob Posts: 142
    My name is Rob
    I am a great guitarist.
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    So like, would this be a 'god dam'?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    I'm moving this to the 'other music' forum but will still count you who replied to this one
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way