Options

what strings should i use???- i play a lonestar strat 97

time2escapetime2escape Posts: 178
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
im really sick of the hype of elixir on acoustic maybe but i dunno about electric
can someone give me some ideas on what kind i can use

i play kind of a hard style , but would like to be able to go from rock to blues sometimes
and melodic, deep sounding strings
thanks

i got some ddarioos on now they suck
"thiers still time to escape, youve got time to escape
thiers still time so escape,,,,
auuuhhheehhh yaeeahh "
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    elixirs on acoustics kick ass.

i use GHS boomers (11s) on my electrics. i hate strings that are too light.
  • Options
    ive got a lonestar as well. i use GHS 11's but its a special set where the low E is thicker than usual maybe 50somthin gauge. i dont know what they're called but if you play heavier stuff its good for power chords. i finally got it set up with 11's and couldnt believe the difference after geting it set up.
    "I'm like an opening band for the sun..." -EV
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    DR's are my favorite.

10's will give you a thick tone but 11's and up will give you this lovely sustain and body (think SRV or KWS) and DR's last forever.

GHS boomers are good.

However make sure your guitar is set up for the gauge you use and remember the thicker the string the quicker you will wear through frets which get costly to replace.

DR's are the best for my money.

on Acoustic if you are using anything but Elixir's you're wasting your money
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I recommend Boomer 11's
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.