Options

Danelectro pedals?

pearljammerbeckpearljammerbeck Posts: 70
edited August 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Has anyone used or heard the Danelectro overdrive peadls? Not the little ones, but the big ones. The Fab Tone and the Daddy-O. Are they any good? I'm also wondering if their echo is any good. It looks weird, but that might be good.
I've used their Hash Browns Flanger, just because it was cheap and I like the looks of their stuff. It's OK, and you can get some weird sounds when the battery starts running low (it's almost better that way--especially if you play the lead for Nothing as it Seems).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i've got the fabtone. a good pedal. i don't use it much though b/c it's a little too metal for my style.

i also have their dan-echo delay and i quite like that one. it's got a good high cut that gives a pretty convincing analog sound. i haven't used their new delay box though.
  • Options
    thanks.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i've got the fabtone. a good pedal. i don't use it much though b/c it's a little too metal for my style.

i also have their dan-echo delay and i quite like that one. it's got a good high cut that gives a pretty convincing analog sound. i haven't used their new delay box though.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    the daddy-o is very good lots of overdrive styles i like it a lot....
  • Options
    i like the dan echo but boss makes better pedals. atleast i think so. but the dan echo is the best delay pedal i have heard.
  • Options
    low_lightlow_light Posts: 251
    i agree.. the dan Echo pedal has to be the best ive ever used...
    perfect delay if you need it.

-low
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    the fab tone is a great distortion. I personally hate the Daddy-O but that's just me.

You can usually find a beat up Fab tone on guitar centers crap table on holidays for about 30 bucks.

I like the dan echo too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    i was fiddling around with my fabtone again last night. way too metal for me.
  • Options
    way to metal for me, bullshit I know you mix in some slayer riffs along with that Ben Kweller stuff.

It's metal but it's not that metal, more in the Rat range of stuff think early 80's AC/DC type stuff.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    i'll admit that with the 'fab' turned all the way down and a lot of the treble rolled off, it's kinda cool. it's actually good for that heavily distorted electric underneath an acoustic sound that a couple bands i like do.
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i'll admit that with the 'fab' turned all the way down and a lot of the treble rolled off, it's kinda cool. it's actually good for that heavily distorted electric underneath an acoustic sound that a couple bands i like do.

Finally, I think we might actually have a chance to really rock here.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    yeah I like to keep the fab down too. Those 80's hairstyles and clothing have no place in my repitoire.