pedalboard pics

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited August 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
get out your gluestick and post a link to a pic of your effects set-up.

we all know we like little toys with bright colours. that's why mxr and boss were so successful. it's like lego for musicians.

so let's see them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    Where's yours?

Damn I was thinking of making this exact same post after I got my Infinitphase
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I would but no camera, it's sad too because my board looks neat with the yellow, red and bright blue LED's I think I'm addicted.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'm at work and i currently have no pics of my board on my ftp. so tonight i will.
  • parchyparchy Posts: 205
    I recently got a Big Muff... probably the best effects pedal out there in my opinion....
    Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
    i've got one too. but the big black one, not the cool green one. and the battery lead wires are broken. i need to mod it for an adapter.
    yeah all the guys seem to like the Big Muff Pi.

check out http://www.ts808.com

look under the custom pedals. you will like them.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    That reminds me I have an 808 chip somewhere in my bedroom from when I was gonna buy a tube screamer (ended up with a Keeley Ultra DS-1 instead)

Jaques makes good pedals but his spin archer sounds nothing like a rotating speaker sim
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    why do you prefer line 6 and boss stuff exhuasted?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    i actually don't like the boss stuff all that much. i used to have a lot of it and got rid of most. i do use an octaver, a line selector and a noise gate now but that's it from them.

i like line6 and voodoo lab. line6 just because for a home studio, i can't beat the range of stuff i can do with their equipment. i only have a pod2.0 and a delay modeller right now but i'm going to get a modulation modeller at some point. when i got their delay box, i got rid of like 3 other delays as they b/c redundant instantly.

and voodoo lab is just swell. all nice analog true bypass stuff. not that true bypass is a big issue for me b/c nothing else in the chain is TB.

i have a sparkle drive (modelled on the 808 but with a clean boost) and a microvibe (univibe clone). i want their analog chorus at some point too.
    yeah I agree. I think the Rotosphere and the new destination rotation do a pretty good job mainly because of the input voltage.

9volts is not enough to do a good rotary speaker.

The little lanilei company makes a 10 and 6" real rotary speaker that sounds awesome.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79

The little lanilei company makes a 10 and 6" real rotary speaker that sounds awesome.

Yeah I saw that. Looks really nice, keep forgeting to check if my amp has an output.

Exhausted:
    That DL-4 really looks nice...I've thought about getting it but I have far too many delays as it is. How many delays can you use at once with it?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Well, I am at work and do not have a picture of my pedal board.

However.

I am bored as f**k and decided to go find pictures of all my pedals (that I currently use) and make a mock-pedalboard out of them. I even found a good pedalboard pick of the PS25 I use.

http://www.dreamt.org/spinfrog/guitar/pedalboard.jpg

I think I have 4-5 pedals not currently in use.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    oh i forgot i had a voodoo lab superfuzz at one point too but it was just too harsh. i never use that kind of tone.
    binfrog, that headrush is cool isn't it. i've not used it but i've heard good things.

i also like the step phaser that the PH-3 could do. i kinda miss that pedal.
  • jdesko23jdesko23 Posts: 32
    i dont have a pic, but here is a list of them, in no particular order, not all of them are in the chain at the same time, only the ones actually needed during the song im recording, live, i try to limit it as much as possible.
    the first ones i list are in my signal right now, and im gettin a great tone through it
    rat2
    digitech whammy
    dunlop 535q wah
    mxr phase 90
    boss dd-5 delay
    boss dm-3 delay(best delay ever made)
    ibanez ts-9
    boss sd-1
    boss fl-3(??) flanger, its the one they discontinued last year
    dunlop univibe
    univibe foot controller
    ibanez cp-9 compressor

then my amp is a 1974(maybe 72, i dont feel like moving it to check the serial number) hiwatt dr504, it was cool because i didnt even know ed used that type of amp and that same year until about 6 months after i bought it, so i got lucky in a way
    The Headrush is 100% badass!
    hey, can the DL-4 self-oscillate?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    Originally posted by BinFrog
    The Headrush is 100% badass!

i think ed o'brien has/had a headrush on his board.
    last time i saw them he had a the same delay modeller as me. it's geeky of me but i was pumped.
    Originally posted by El_Kabong
    hey, can the DL-4 self-oscillate?

yes, but as you really crank the feedback it becomes a weird combination of analog and digital sound. totally different than either. and it won't do the thermin-like pitch shift when you mess with the delay time. it's much more digital and choppy.
    that Hiwatt DR 504 is absolutely one of the best amps ever made.

I believe that is a pre dave reeves model 74 most likely when Harry Joyce was still building them. Take care of those Mullard's inside they are expensive as balls.
    yeah I think I remember seeing the headrush on his pedal boards as well. How fucking sick is that that I have to use the plural! They both just have way too many effects that I want!
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • jdesko23jdesko23 Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    that Hiwatt DR 504 is absolutely one of the best amps ever made.

I believe that is a pre dave reeves model 74 most likely when Harry Joyce was still building them. Take care of those Mullard's inside they are expensive as balls.

yea, i love it, perfect clean sound, and if you want, you can get a decent crunch(think ed 2000 tour). its loud as hell too. yea, i defintly am gonna take care of the mullards, and the trannys
    Anyone have any experience with a Whirlwind Selector? Is it worth the $90 pricetag?
    binfrog the whirlwind is kind of noisy check reviews on http://www.harmony-central.com but by no means bad.

Analogman- http://www.analogman.com makes a good one

My suggestion is get it custom made and a bit cheaper from

http://www.looper.com these guys are bad ass and they specialize in that kind of stuff.

Ok never mind that link dosen't work anymore I think they are building a new site.

For a bit more if you need it lehle makes great indestructable ones and also the new Switchbone (Tonebone) comes with a volume boost.

Happy Hunting.
    what exactly is the whirlwind selector? What kind of effect is it?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    Originally posted by El_Kabong
    what exactly is the whirlwind selector? What kind of effect is it?

an A/B/AB box.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    an A/B/AB box.

drat by the name I was hoping it was a new rotating speaker sim or something of the like
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd