boss chromatic tuner
595q wah
boss dm-2 delay
ibanez sonic distortion
ts 808
mxxr phase 90
boss cs-2
fender twin reverb II amp

NOw, it obviously sounds great to punch in the cs 2 when doing a lead, and damnb it sounds so good. But what is the best way to use the pedal so strumming chords sounds just as good without taking away from the sound/power. different place in the chain? cause id like to use just the ts 808 for rythym distortion, but somethings missing when i do...and id like ot punh in the sonic dist for leads....or whatever. Whats the best place to put the cs 2 or what should i do to get a richer fuller sound when strumming chords with it? i hope this makes sense
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    how about slipping a chorus pedal in there. A little chorus can make a difference, but not too much else it'll sound cheesy. Apart from that i cant really think.
    'Fox hunting is barbaric, the people who do it are a bunch of snobby tories with stupid posh accents. Oh damn, i didn't say that - damn, what a giveaway...'
  • Options
    62strat62strat Posts: 638
    hmm, never thought about using a chorus pedal for that reason...could be interesting
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    yeah. a slight bit of chorus gives it this fullness that's really nice. just a little bit. you don't need much at all. not even enough that it sounds like there's chorus in it. it's hard to describe but it works.
  • Options
    what chorus do you suggest for this work?
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i just use the chorus in my POD right now so i can't be much help. i'm on the lookout for a pedal right now for my 'real' amp.

i'm looking at:
    boss CH-1
    dano cool cat
    voodoo lab analog chorus
  • Options
    Well i have a boss CH-1. Its a versatile pedal and i would reccomend it, as exhausted said, you dont want a lot. But i think for your case, maybe a little chorus could be what your looking for. Hope ive helped.
    'Fox hunting is barbaric, the people who do it are a bunch of snobby tories with stupid posh accents. Oh damn, i didn't say that - damn, what a giveaway...'
  • Options
    thanks greg, i used to have the dano cool cat....i liked it alot, but this was before i even knew what tone was...

and now that i think about it, everytime weve recorded..a little chorus is always added to almost every track...
  • Options
    and also, when i just use the ts808...it seems there isnt enough..thickness, punch..kind of thin a bit..it could be the amp,i am still messing with the damn thing..but when i use the 808 backe dup the sonic distortion..it seems a little much...not sure, my mind changes every damnday
  • Options
    hey 62strat man

how are u finding the 595q wah.. i've been looking at reviews for it (will play it soon)... i need a jazzy wah rhythm sound and also be able to get that semi-screaming wah...

would love a run-down..

thanks mate
    dan.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    "It is I, with the empty bladder!"

www.nowalletevolution.com