Black, Red, Yellow

PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
Black, Red, Yellow

Exponentially serving. Perpetually unnerving. Vehicle swerving.
The adjectives they are all a-blurring.
Freud walking the sidelines clipboard scoring the brain.
Black magic painted traits. Makes me sain.

Hormones firing like a fifty foot Roman, yeah.
Please don't make me explain. Don't matter anyway.

Phontom pain in my brain. It's all that's left of my leg.

Black and Red and Yellow and Black and Red and Yellow.

Heard you repeat a-what ya heard. Me knowing the truth I can not concure. Na-na.

Please don't make me explain. Doesn't matter anyway.
Please don't make me explain.

Yo bro. Tell us what's happenin'. Um, I'm on the west, west side of, on the west coast.
Give me a jingle, uh, when you get in from where the fuck you're at.

Yeah, hormones firing like a fifty foot Roman, yeah.
Please don't make me explain. Doesn't fucking matter anyway.
Hormones firing like a fifty foot Roman, yeah. Please don't make me explain.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    lemee get thru this bottle of wine and i think i may be able to explain this song hahahaha i do like the "phantom pain" part for some reason, the drums are cool!
  • Originally posted by chiquimonkey
    lemee get thru this bottle of wine and i think i may be able to explain this song hahahaha i do like the "phantom pain" part for some reason, the drums are cool!

Hee hee I love "phantom pain... in my brain"... I think it's the second greatest PJ lyric snippet, the best being Dirty Frank's "Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!" :D
    this board is too crazy for me these days...
  • I have no idea what it means, but I love it!! It's such a great song... and as hard as it is for me to say this, BRY is one of my fave b-sides!

I have seen the "Hormones firing like a fifty foot Roman" line written as "I'm inspiring like a fifty foot Roman"... but I think I prefer the hormones line... hehe.

The whole thing is just genius!
    "...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"
  • PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
    I agree. great song and I'm glad it's on Lost Dogs
    about black red yellow.

ED: I took a polaroid of Dennis Rodman's eyeball for the No Code cover... as the photo developed he looked at the emerging image and said, "can you say octopus?' Sigmund Freud played by Phil Jackson.
  • Originally posted by PhillyPJ
    about black red yellow.

ED: I took a polaroid of Dennis Rodman's eyeball for the No Code cover... as the photo developed he looked at the emerging image and said, "can you say octopus?' Sigmund Freud played by Phil Jackson.
    yeah i saw that and thought it was appropriate for this song as i don't know what *either* means! lol talk about an enigma!
  • i forgeti forget Posts: 281
    The part about the vehicle swerving is so graphic, like, whoa, that's trippy. Great beat, I'll give this one an 8.
    I might have to smoke a phat joint then give this song another listen. great tune and I'm glad to see it on Lost Dogs
  • PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    The part in the song that goes

"Yo bro. Tell us what's happenin'. Um, I'm on the west, west side of, on the west coast.
    Give me a jingle, uh, when you get in from where the fuck you're at."

Sounds like a message on Ed's answering machine from Dennis Rodman. I've listened to it a bunch of times and it really sounds like Rodman.

Anybody else think this??
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
    Originally posted by PJPAT
    Sounds like a message on Ed's answering machine from Dennis Rodman. I've listened to it a bunch of times and it really sounds like Rodman.

Anybody else think this??

yep. it is in fact Dennis Rodman.
  • BUMP this mutha to the top.... :D:D

I cannot get enough of this song.
    Ed sounds sooo damn sexy when he says "black, and red and yellow, black and red and yellow....."
    And gets funky into "Heard you repeat a-what ya heard (What ya heard) Me knowing the truth I can not concure. Na-na."
    "every show is a great show. bitches...." --twolegsyield
  • BrokenHalosBrokenHalos Posts: 293
    Black magic viente tres - references MJ, #23
    when he's happy he looks insane

Gorge 2005